Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

The drop rocks, nothing comes close to it in vst space.

Really looking forward to the update :))
Any idea yet when it will surface?

4damind wrote:will there be a automatic bypass or 100% dry if the filter is completely opened (or some option to enable this)?
Don't you use the drop to drive (and shine/beef_up) then? I don't understand why you want this, because its already ok as it is imho.

xiphiuz wrote:
4damind wrote:will there be a automatic bypass or 100% dry if the filter is completely opened (or some option to enable this)?
Don't you use the drop to drive (and shine/beef_up) then? I don't understand why you want this, because its already ok as it is imho.
You can also use it for typical filter effects. Because it's an analog modeled filter I expect always some coloring so you will need to bypass the filter if your transition is ended. Some filters having some (click-free!) auto-bypass if the filter is completely opened. This is very helpful for such tasks. This is only a idea or a feature request... a button "use auto bypass".

4damind wrote:
xiphiuz wrote:
You can also use it for typical filter effects. Because it's an analog modeled filter I expect always some coloring so you will need to bypass the filter if your transition is ended. Some filters having some (click-free!) auto-bypass if the filter is completely opened. This is very helpful for such tasks. This is only a idea or a feature request... a button "use auto bypass".
I understand completely and you're right.
But the sound of this thing is just great, and I am using it a lot for coloring the sound and so that's why I don't mind this coloration stuff.
If I want to use the effect you're describing I automate the power on/off button, the mix knob or the on/off on the plugin within a daw if possible, but automatic would be handy ofcourse
Last edited by xiphiuz on Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Do you think that circuit modelling patented filter designs may infringe some sort of copyright law? Hope not...

bellymcr wrote:Do you think that circuit modelling patented filter designs may infringe some sort of copyright law? Hope not...

Shhhhh.....
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

Any word from Andy Cytomic on the update release date?? :)
can't wait!

irtimid wrote:Any word from Andy Cytomic on the update release date?? :)
can't wait!
If it's quiet, it's all good...shhh :)

bellymcr wrote:Do you think that circuit modelling patented filter designs may infringe some sort of copyright law? Hope not...
I did go through and check all this quite thoroughly when starting Cytomic.

If I built and sold a physical version of any patented circuits then I would be in trouble. If I reproduced an image of any copyrighted schematics I would be in trouble. If I reproduced the look and feel of a design I could be in trouble for copyright. If I do a mathematical model of a circuit that sounds like the original then I'm all good, there is nothing in copyright or patent law that applies to this.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Hi Andy, do you think a bandpass would ever be on the cards?
Or perhaps an easier way to make a live-tweakable bandpass with the low and high (with one knob i mean).

you're about to tell me to read the manual aren't you? :P

Cant you use the offset knob for that?

AAAAAH… shift :P
Captain Douchey reporting for duty Sir

Thanks Mace404

Welcome ^^
They are mentioned as spread and shift in the manual but labeled as spacing and offset in the Drop itself.

I've been very busy re-design the gui (again!). I rushed the previous design trying to get it done before moving, but I've now taken the time to do it properly. The high resolution render looked so good I wanted to somehow bring this to everyone, and with the help of new Juce functionality, I have now done a smoothly scalable interface.

You can scale the interface to any fractional size in between the small and large version:
Small version full res: http://cytomic.com/files/drop-scalable-small.png
Medium version full res: http://cytomic.com/files/drop-scalable-med.png
Large version full res: http://cytomic.com/files/drop-scalable-large.png

The "small" size looks as good as if I didn't support resizing :)
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Looks very nice!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Return to “Effects”