Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

same here, ever since installing the 0.9.8 build I cant open up a project that had the Drop in ableton 8.3.3 on OSX 10.8.2
I love music but more than that, I love making it

homunculus wrote:great job on the manual Andy!
+1 - bookmarks as well - excellent :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

homunculus wrote:great job on the manual Andy!
Thanks! It's a start, hopefully I'll flesh it out a little more as I add more circuit models.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

LiteOn wrote:Hi Andy,

what's the reason why there's no sine for the LFO?

If this already has been answered, sorry for asking again.

Cheers,
LiteOn
During development I did trial having a sine shape component to the LFO, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra knob. This forces The Drop's LFO to be a bit more percussive since the peaks are a little more sudden on a triangle, which I like. Since sine is the easiest shapes to make in digital without aliasing I figured people could use an external audio sidechain source via the FM knob is they wanted sine modulation of the cutoff.

homunculus wrote:same here, ever since installing the 0.9.8 build I cant open up a project that had the Drop in ableton 8.3.3 on OSX 10.8.2
Sorry guys, there was a problem with the upload of v0.9.8 which I've hopefully fixed. Can you please try re-download v0.9.8 and see that has fixed the problem?

andy_cytomic wrote:
homunculus wrote:same here, ever since installing the 0.9.8 build I cant open up a project that had the Drop in ableton 8.3.3 on OSX 10.8.2
Sorry guys, there was a problem with the upload of v0.9.8 which I've hopefully fixed. Can you please try re-download v0.9.8 and see that has fixed the problem?
all fixed! thanks andy!
I love music but more than that, I love making it

andy_cytomic wrote:
I get "Error: file not found 4" when attempting to download the Mac AU or VST.

There is still something weird going on with the v0.9.8 build so I've removed it until I can work out what the problem is. Back to v0.9.7!

Hi Andy,

thanks for re-phrasing the manual - stupid me. :oops:

Cheers,
LiteOn
andy_cytomic wrote:During development I did trial having a sine shape component to the LFO, but I decided it wasn't worth the extra knob. This forces The Drop's LFO to be a bit more percussive since the peaks are a little more sudden on a triangle, which I like. Since sine is the easiest shapes to make in digital without aliasing I figured people could use an external audio sidechain source via the FM knob is they wanted sine modulation of the cutoff.

billcarroll wrote: I get "Error: file not found 4" when attempting to download the Mac AU or VST.
Hi Bill. I pulled the v0.9.8 build because of some of the odd things happening on the downloaded version, sorry for the false alarm. I'll get a new build up very soon as soon as I sort out what the problem is.

LiteOn wrote:Hi Andy,

thanks for re-phrasing the manual - stupid me. :oops:

Cheers,
LiteOn
It's a good question about the sine wave. If I had a mode switch that stepped between different shapes I would have added a Sine shape, but I like the limitation in The Drop of only triangle and saw with variable curve, it gives the LFO more rhythmic emphasis.

News: The Drop v0.9.9 is ready. This fixes the a bug that caused random crashes with multiple instances of The Drop in a project, but otherwise is identical to v0.9.8 so I'll repeat the same information I posted before:

The manual (The Drop - Installation and Quickstart.pdf) is ready also. You can grab the manual and the updated trial version here: www.cytomic.com/drop . The manual is also included in every download zip file.

The Drop v0.9.9 - 12 Dec 2012
  • New: Glide now working
  • New: Note priority working, handles multiple midi notes and uses newest note priority to pick which one to voice
  • New: Installation and Quickstart Guide!
  • Fixed: Bug in voicing code that caused random crashes with more than one instance of The Drop in a project
  • Fixed: Renamed the two key parameters that change the overall shape of the Lfo, they are now called Lfo Asym (was Lfo Width) and Lfo Curve (was Lfo Shape)
  • Fixed: Improved convergence of the numerical solver for slightly lower cpu and better results with the Sallen Key circuit model

Hmm, ver 0.9.9, seems we are getting close :)

Very impressed by the demos, espessially the low, and low-mid sound,..

Two Questions:

1. Will the price be the same when the final version is released ?

2. Only 2/4 pole, or could we expect variable & higher Q in final release ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if already mentioned, but its many pages :D
HM

HM wrote:Hmm, ver 0.9.9, seems we are getting close :)

Very impressed by the demos, espessially the low, and low-mid sound,..
Thanks!
HM wrote:Two Questions:

1. Will the price be the same when the final version is released ?

2. Only 2/4 pole, or could we expect variable & higher Q in final release ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if already mentioned, but its many pages :D
1. The price will remain at USD 99 so it doesn't matter if you buy it now or later on, apart from the fact if you buy it now you will get to use it now :)

2. 2/4 pole only, one high pass followed by one low pass and no other responses

Hi Andy, will the discount expire for owners of the Glue? I am planning to buy the Drop next week. Cheers, AWESOME filter man, amazing sound.

Return to “Effects”