Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

ddeez wrote:thanks. Cuz im now a paying customer of your products ;) can you tell me when the next filter model will be implemented and what it's going to be?
+1

dw

Hello Andy and All,

I have been using The Drop and The Glue to process synthesised kick drums, mainly 808 type kicks made from sine waves and clicks.

I have got into the habit of using The Drop's high pass filter set at the specific frequency (HZ) of the kick to remove any lower frequencies, and sometimes applying some Res to add decay. The combination of The Drop and Glue is sounding great so far!

As well as using the high pass, are there any other techniques I could apply using The Drop?

I suppose EQ to boost the desired frequencies around the tuning of your kick is necessary too?

Im just not sure about EQ because, a) it sounds pretty good so far, b) Im using headphones and don't have access to proper monitoring environment, and c) I would rather not dirty the chain with a crap EQ plugin if it isn't necessary or can be done with The Drop.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers!

woodsdenis wrote:Just got it with discount, great product and support

:)
Sorry, how much discount should I get as a Glue owner, and how do I get it to show up?

IIRs wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Just got it with discount, great product and support

:)
Sorry, how much discount should I get as a Glue owner, and how do I get it to show up?
Never mind, discount showed up when I went to check out. Bought. :D

Will give it spin , the price is nice options are nice seems like nice product !

Tested it just 5 min and this one is really nice will buy , anyone knows info when the new models will be added and does the price will stay the same if i buy it from now on ?

lacandon wrote:Tested it just 5 min and this one is really nice will buy , anyone knows info when the new models will be added and does the price will stay the same if i buy it from now on ?
I don't know when the new models will be added but yes the price will stay the same, also there is a 30% discount if you own the Glue :)
I love music but more than that, I love making it

homunculus wrote:
lacandon wrote:Tested it just 5 min and this one is really nice will buy , anyone knows info when the new models will be added and does the price will stay the same if i buy it from now on ?
I don't know when the new models will be added but yes the price will stay the same, also there is a 30% discount if you own the Glue :)
Thanks for this info mate ! I will buy it and wait for this new models , also saw in his website, that he will improve a bit cpu performance ,it's very hard on cpu but will use it for now with bounce in place.I dont't own or tried the glue but the price also is low for such a quality on this one .

Holy-crap 75 page thread :-o
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Can a SM2044 VCF model be added to The Drop?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Changing filter type with a knob isn't so strange for me now.
KEEEEEN for v1!!!!!!!!!!!!

no news is good news?

The other filter models are coming over the next few months. What would people like first, the Cascade SH or the Sallen Key MS1?

I'm holding off on the Moog since I still need to do further investigations into the high pass circuit, even though most of the work on the low pass is done. And after all the circuit models are done I'll work on further optimisations.

I'm at NAMM at the moment so a little busy, but will hopefully get some time to reply to peoples individual posts here soon.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

My vote for the Cascade SH 8)

Return to “Effects”