Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

The Drop doesn't work all of a sudden.
If I reload the plugin sometimes it works again, but I often need to restart my DAW or restart OSX. It happens in Live 9 and in Cubase 6.5. The plug will load (downloaded from my Cytomic account, not a demo), but it will not process audio. The LP filter just mutes, and the HP filter lets audio through (when the LP is deactivated) but won't filter the audio.

I've been using the Drop a lot in various projects, but sometimes when I load a project, tracks with The Drop won't pass audio... bypassing & unbypassing the plugin usually does the trick to get audio back again.

OS X 10.8.3
Reaper 4.33 (but also happened with older versions)
The Drop 0.9.9

mustgroove wrote:I've been using the Drop a lot in various projects, but sometimes when I load a project, tracks with The Drop won't pass audio... bypassing & unbypassing the plugin usually does the trick to get audio back again.

OS X 10.8.3
The Drop 0.9.9
I had the same, until i realized that i had some on/off automations going.
Not saying that you do too, just a thing to lookout for.

any sign of those new filter models Andy??? :D

Bathrobe wrote:
mustgroove wrote:I've been using the Drop a lot in various projects, but sometimes when I load a project, tracks with The Drop won't pass audio... bypassing & unbypassing the plugin usually does the trick to get audio back again.

OS X 10.8.3
The Drop 0.9.9
I had the same, until i realized that i had some on/off automations going.
Not saying that you do too, just a thing to lookout for.
Definitely not stray automation - occurs in projects which don't have any automation on The Drop

sqigls wrote:The Drop doesn't work all of a sudden.
If I reload the plugin sometimes it works again, but I often need to restart my DAW or restart OSX. It happens in Live 9 and in Cubase 6.5. The plug will load (downloaded from my Cytomic account, not a demo), but it will not process audio. The LP filter just mutes, and the HP filter lets audio through (when the LP is deactivated) but won't filter the audio.
Sorry to hear The Drop isn't working properly on your machine. Can you please email me directly with your system details? Also if you have a small project with just audio and built in plugins that causes the issue could you please also email me that?

I have just updated to the most recent version of the Juce framework, which has helped with some other issues people have been having, hopefully it will help for this one too. I'm waiting to hear back from a few testers but I'll most likely get a new release out in the next few days.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

OS X 10.8.3
The Drop 0.9.9
Can you please email me directly as well? I know you have said "sometimes" so it's most likely something tricky to pin down, but if you have any more details on what you were doing at the time of The Drop going silent I would appreciate it. If you also happen to have a small audio only project that uses only built in plugins that makes The Drop that would be great to reproduce the issue at my end so I can fix it.

andy_cytomic wrote:I'm waiting to hear back from a few testers but I'll most likely get a new release out in the next few days.
Awesome! I can't wait to test it out! :)
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
andy_cytomic wrote:I'm waiting to hear back from a few testers but I'll most likely get a new release out in the next few days.
great news the Korg filters are smooth and amazing so really looking forward to the remainder :)

Peace

:hyper:

MFXxx wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
great news the Korg filters are smooth and amazing so really looking forward to the remainder :)

Peace
Does new build mean new filters, or bug fixes? Based on Andy's post, it could be read either way. Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, just don't want people getting their hopes in case this is a maintenance build.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Does new build mean new filters, or bug fixes? Based on Andy's post, it could be read either way. Not trying to be Debbie Downer here, just don't want people getting their hopes in case this is a maintenance build.
The upcoming new build is a maintenance build with an update to the most recent Juce framework as well as many optimisations. I'm still working on the Cascade SH model, but I will post some audio demos soon, it's brutal!

andy_cytomic wrote:...the Cascade SH model... it's brutal!
that's exactly what I KNEW I would hear :P

this reminds me of the stupid joke i used to tell when i was a kid...

How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

I'll tell you later :P

and yes, i am the idiot.
and yes i am in suspense.
Last edited by sqigls on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”