Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

sqigls wrote:and yes, i am the idiot.
and i am in suspense.
:lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Some good news, while I was waiting to hear back from testers I got totally obsessed with finishing the Cascade SH filter and it's all done! I'll include it in the new build. I designed a custom filter based on a cross between a Roland Jupiter-8 and an SH-2. Because of the large number of voltages and components being modelled I finally took the plunge and invested the time in automating the entire process of generating SSE2 code directly from the definitions of all the components and how they are connected. There is still some manual legwork involved in defining the order in which dependencies are solved, but the turnaround time now to try new ideas has reduced from an hour down to around 10 minutes which really helps!

It was bloody hard getting this one done, and I completely shut down checking email and sometimes even eating, but I'm very happy with the results. I had to model the full resistor network that supports the IR3109 chip to get just the right top end sizzle. Here are some photos of the breadboard, some audio demos and a video coming soon :)

The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

WOW!!!
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

That's serious heavy brain wear from a crap load of hard work, looking forward to more filter black magic. Thanks for the info and nice insights. :tu:
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Excellent insight of work progress and development. Amazing amount of work!

Looking forward to the exhilerating output :)

Does this mean beta0.999 is in the pipeline?

Great to hear Andy! Your filter is not only musical and damn fine. But all the modulation possibilities are a bless!
Oh and I forget the drive and pre and post gain ;-) Can't wait for this one... .. .
Last edited by xiphiuz on Thu May 02, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

you can hear the results of all that hard work in the Drop - it really is a cut above any thing else.....well done Andy!

A couple of audio demos for the Cascade SH 4 pole low pass to give you an idea of the tone, nothing fancy just some sweeps with varying drive, and a basic arp with some knob twiddling:

www.cytomic.com/files/drop-cascade-sh-sweeps.mp3
www.cytomic.com/files/drop-cascade-sh-arp.mp3

The resonances sound incredible Andy and the non-linearities give it a really organic feel. Can't wait to get my hands on your next beta!

andy_cytomic wrote:A couple of audio demos for the Cascade SH 4 pole low pass to give you an idea of the tone, nothing fancy just some sweeps with varying drive, and a basic arp with some knob twiddling:

www.cytomic.com/files/drop-cascade-sh-sweeps.mp3
www.cytomic.com/files/drop-cascade-sh-arp.mp3
Andy these sound absolutely incredible...this is going to be a killer plugin.

I'd be interested in listening to a/b (know you are busy) an original source for comparisson would be good for reference.

Keep up the great work...can't wait.

Superb sounding filters Andy! The low end is superb and the resonance is killer! Any ETC or ETA? :-)

@MFXxx you can already buy this amazing plugin and its getting better and better "every day"!

xiphiuz wrote:Superb sounding filters Andy! The low end is superb and the resonance is killer! Any ETC or ETA? :-)

@MFXxx you can allready buy this amazing plugin and its getting better and better "every day"!
Already got it way,way back :)

I was referring to the demo ie raw vs effected. My bad I can see how it's misinterpreted.

Allright!

MFXxx wrote:
Andy these sound absolutely incredible...this is going to be a killer plugin.

I'd be interested in listening to a/b (know you are busy) an original source for comparisson would be good for reference.

Keep up the great work...can't wait.
I'm going to do a screengrab of a scope and spectrum display with a/b switching between the model and the breadboard through a range of settings like I did for the MS20 mk2 and Prodigy. Is this what you meant?

Wow...superb! Love it!

Return to “Effects”