Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Hi Andy
Don't suppose there will be any way to keep v0.9.18 working alongside the v1 when its released is there (he asks in hope for no real reason except a stubborness to let go of an old favourite)???
:D

ftech wrote:Hi Andy
Don't suppose there will be any way to keep v0.9.18 working alongside the v1 when its released is there (he asks in hope for no real reason except a stubborness to let go of an old favourite)???
You can run either version, it's up to you. Just drag the version you don't want out of your plugin folder before loading your project. The new version will auto update old settings so once a song is saved with the new version the old version won't be able to load all of the new preset (the modulation system has changed, but all the basic settings will still load fine, like cutoff and resonance)

(edit: I'll see if it is easy to work out the name of the plugin file at load time, if so then I know a good way to support multiple versions at once for those that want to just be renaming the plugin)
Last edited by andy-cytomic on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

The latest GUI is much better..
You could add some overall background ambience light at the centre (mod knobs outer rings make it quite dark) and then color fading down of the visualizer (a tiny bit - almost unnoticiable - transparency fade to that blue frequency color) as a finishing touch.

andy-cytomic wrote:
wesleyt wrote:I picked it up this weekend to give Andy a little encouragement so close to the big release. I'm quite excited; I've been watching from a distance for a long time in anticipation of this release.

:hyper:
I'm super excited about the upcoming release as well, it's been around 3 years in development, which is back breaking in terms of a product lifecycle, so your purchase really helps and is very much appreciated. Cytomic is a small business so every purchase helps.

There are stupendous amounts of advanced algorithms and tech that have been developed and poured into The Drop and the results will speak for themselves. This work has already paved the way for at least 2 more plugins this year if not more, so it is a very exciting time for me :)

Can you tell anything regarding the plugins in the pipeline? Synth and EQ maybe? :)
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Elevated_being wrote:Can you tell anything regarding the plugins in the pipeline? Synth and EQ maybe? :)
I've got lots of plugins planned, work won't begin on any of them until I have finished The Drop and also done AAX Native builds of The Glue and The Drop. I want to do a couple of stomp box type plugins, a precise non-linear parametric EQ and a broad strokes non-linear tilt and shape EQ, more compressors, and down the line a synth and a sampler. I also have a couple of plugins planned that I'll keep secret until just before they are released.

andy-cytomic wrote:
Elevated_being wrote:Can you tell anything regarding the plugins in the pipeline? Synth and EQ maybe? :)
I've got lots of plugins planned, work won't begin on any of them until I have finished The Drop and also done AAX Native builds of The Glue and The Drop. I want to do a couple of stomp box type plugins, a precise non-linear parametric EQ and a broad strokes non-linear tilt and shape EQ, more compressors, and down the line a synth and a sampler. I also have a couple of plugins planned that I'll keep secret until just before they are released.
Money's ready ! Keep doing the best !

Just bought it!! Amazing!!

Can't wait anymore to see it in all its glory..when should we expect the release, Andy?

Elevated_being wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:
wesleyt wrote:I picked it up this weekend to give Andy a little encouragement so close to the big release. I'm quite excited; I've been watching from a distance for a long time in anticipation of this release.

:hyper:
I'm super excited about the upcoming release as well, it's been around 3 years in development, which is back breaking in terms of a product lifecycle, so your purchase really helps and is very much appreciated. Cytomic is a small business so every purchase helps.

There are stupendous amounts of advanced algorithms and tech that have been developed and poured into The Drop and the results will speak for themselves. This work has already paved the way for at least 2 more plugins this year if not more, so it is a very exciting time for me :)

Can you tell anything regarding the plugins in the pipeline? Synth and EQ maybe? :)
Judging by the development time I'm not sure I'll live to see his next plug in, though perhaps my child will... :clown:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Judging by the development time I'm not sure I'll live to see his next plug in, though perhaps my child will... :clown:
:hihi: The early-adopter's condition. We who have more betas than official releases,...Unite!

Actually, lately I've cut a lot out...finally. The endless inevitable nature of the "new" is becoming monotonous. There remain 2...perhaps three labs I keep my ear on. Cytomic is one.

To bring it back to topic, the new The Drop revisions look very usable to me, Andy. Good luck putting the finishing touches on it. Cheers

andy-cytomic wrote:
ftech wrote:Hi Andy
You can run either version, it's up to you. Just drag the version you don't want out of your plugin folder before loading your project. The new version will auto update old settings so once a song is saved with the new version the old version won't be able to load all of the new preset (the modulation system has changed, but all the basic settings will still load fine, like cutoff and resonance)

(edit: I'll see if it is easy to work out the name of the plugin file at load time, if so then I know a good way to support multiple versions at once for those that want to just be renaming the plugin)
That would be awesome!
My main concern was if projects using the pre-release versions would play nicely with the official release...But if it is a simple as renaming one so they could live side by side in my components folder......nice :hihi:

zerocrossing wrote: Judging by the development time I'm not sure I'll live to see his next plug in, though perhaps my child will... :clown:
It has not taken this long to only solve the circuits models included in The Drop, I have been developing a framework to solve many types of components and integrated circuits quickly and robustly. So really I've been taking all this time to be in a position to now more easily create products and concentrate on the high level model development rather than the slog of solving the low level circuit math.

ftech wrote: That would be awesome!
My main concern was if projects using the pre-release versions would play nicely with the official release...But if it is a simple as renaming one so they could live side by side in my components folder......nice :hihi:
It still may not be possible, I'll let you know. This would be super useful for me too so I could double check the sound between versions when I make optimisations.

Well, possible or not, it's great that you are even considering it. Thanks.

andy-cytomic wrote:It has not taken this long to only solve the circuits models included in The Drop, I have been developing a framework to solve many types of components and integrated circuits quickly and robustly. So really I've been taking all this time to be in a position to now more easily create products and concentrate on the high level model development rather than the slog of solving the low level circuit math.
Smart !!!

So when is the finished version coming out? The version on the site dates back to September last year, are there any newer versions? Or is it being released soon?

Thanks.

Return to “Effects”