Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Maybe time for an updated demo with some presets? Before I'm buying, I prefer to know what is in the compete package...(and I'm a preset guy...) :oops:

Andy said he would publish the updated demo in the next few weeks, when he has updated the license system to handle demo licenses.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Here is a new video i just uploaded. I was using the drop to see how much more nastier i could make an already distorted sound and the drop really added that extra level of grime. I played most of the synth parts on my QWERTY keyboard so don't expect anything very musical.

This I am very impressed with the distortion that you can get from this plugin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw6j9HNanEY
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:This I am very impressed with the distortion that you can get from this plugin.
I began using it as parallel distortion in the bass. I use LPF with resonance in mid-low mid region to bring out growl/yawl and then use drive for the grit. Adding this underneath to help bass to cut through.

After playing with the 0.9.3 demo version I'm convinced that just the demo alone is practically worth 100 bucks in itself. So, quick question; if one purchases now does one get the access to the latest version, or is that solely for those who were early supporters?

Yes.

LuxLucid wrote:After playing with the 0.9.3 demo version I'm convinced that just the demo alone is practically worth 100 bucks in itself. So, quick question; if one purchases now does one get the access to the latest version, or is that solely for those who were early supporters?
After buying it logon to your account on Cytomic website, the latest version of The Drop is there.

Kaboom75 wrote:
LuxLucid wrote:After playing with the 0.9.3 demo version I'm convinced that just the demo alone is practically worth 100 bucks in itself. So, quick question; if one purchases now does one get the access to the latest version, or is that solely for those who were early supporters?
After buying it logon to your account on Cytomic website, the latest version of The Drop is there.
Thank you for the slightly clearer answer :) now im psyched

hi Andy,any news for the offline activation? :hyper:
:tu:

Check The Drop thread on Gearslutz to hear it from Andy himself, he prayed something yesterday, but I think he said offline activation would be in the next week or two with the demo to follow shortly afterwards

I guess this is just me being silly, but I thought this was final non-beta software, just that the demo was of the older, beta, version.
So I buy the darn thing and the only downloads available to a customer are for beta versions that aren't recommended for production.
Am I tripping, or is The Drop released or not, or what?
Color me confused.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Check The Drop thread on Gearslutz to hear it from Andy himself, he prayed something yesterday, but I think he said offline activation would be in the next week or two with the demo to follow shortly afterwards
two weeks ago (7th october) Andy said the same here :scared: (one or two weeks)

Ben.juodvalkis wrote:I guess this is just me being silly, but I thought this was final non-beta software, just that the demo was of the older, beta, version.
So I buy the darn thing and the only downloads available to a customer are for beta versions that aren't recommended for production.
Am I tripping, or is The Drop released or not, or what?
Color me confused.
you have to check some post pages behind..Andy has explained this very well (the plug is ok but until it is totally perfect and "super" bug free,he applies the "beta" tag)

1 Day ago
"The Drop is just about to be officially release either later this week or early next week. After that time I can begin work on updating The Glue and supporting the AAX and VST3 formats, the native versions of which will be free updates to all customers."

Kaboom75 wrote:1 Day ago
"The Drop is just about to be officially release either later this week or early next week. After that time I can begin work on updating The Glue and supporting the AAX and VST3 formats, the native versions of which will be free updates to all customers."
Ahh! Good :party:

Return to “Effects”