Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

andy-cytomic wrote:
xiphiuz wrote:Thanks for you reply Andy, how far are you at the moment with these updates? Take your time, I know they will be good - as always.
The updates are going great! I'm away in Ubud for an Ashtanga yoga workshop with R Sharath Jois till Tues, then back into it. I'm really looking forward to this new release, it's been quite a while since an update and there is loads has been going on that I want to get in everyone's hands.
Thanks for your answers and have fun with the Yoga.

Gee I hope he doesn't bend himself out of shape. You gotta be careful playing with your serpent.
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

I'm excited for the update and to see what future products will hold!

Cytomic is teaching me patience..

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

Wow 195 Pages..what a frigging book this thread is !!!

i think its time for Cytomic To have a Commercial Forum KVR section
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Has anyone upgraded to MacOS Sierra and ran the Drop?

Any reported issues?

nori.lam wrote:Has anyone upgraded to MacOS Sierra and ran the Drop?

Any reported issues?
a lot of developers have advised not updating to sierra yet. there's bound to be problem with something. if you can wait a few more (or 6) months to update then that's what you should do. personally, i won't update until i absolutely have to.. maybe in a year or so.

Sorry for the delays on the update to The Drop, back on the job now. I couldn't stand the studio being a mess since the move, so I got it all sorted and built some sound treatment panels and bass traps to tame all the echoes. Here are some photos: https://www.facebook.com/cytomic/photos ... 8351029467
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Very nice!

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Any news on the update? Still eager to play with that Wasp filter!

No updates in a year and a half.. :neutral:

-- Albert Einstein

btw wrote:Any news on the update? Still eager to play with that Wasp filter!
Things are going great with the new build. I had fun all last week re-installing and setting up windows, so now I've got Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 installed on two different machines for testing that also dual boot into macOS. I've also just got working the code that much more reliably generates a machine id that remains unchanged with dual boot Mac and Win machines that remains constant until you replace your motherboard, so I'm looking forward to rolling that out - and when I do I'll reset everyone's authorisation counts. So I'm looking good for a release by the end of next week with a whole bunch of new features and optimisations.

As for the Wasp and Scream (and possibly some other filter models), these will take another few weeks longer again as I want to also add the FSU / Nuke knob and mod destination to them and all other filter types, which requires more testing and fine tuning to get right. This will be a major update, and mess with the parameter order of the plugin, I'll probably increment the version number to make it easier for both versions to be used in the same project to maintain compatibility with existing project automation.

etherdesign wrote:No updates in a year and a half.. :neutral:
There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes, so I'm looking forward to showing it off over the next month :)

And I can't wait to hear it / play with it. Your new studio looks really nice, I'm pretty jealous. I know all these things take time, but man you really know how to tease people :P. I guess I don't think of all the work that goes into supporting all the various platforms and also how the authorizations have to work with all of those as well. I don't envy serious plugin developers who have to deal with all of that. I work in web development which is getting a little more normalized, but still quite a pain with all the different platforms/device resolutions, and it's not like you have a bunch of nice frameworks to work with like we do. Anyways, I can't wait to see what you've been up to!

-- Albert Einstein

I bought in a few months ago, content that there may never be another update. Now you've got me all excited :)

Return to “Effects”