Brainworx Vertigo VSC-2 is released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's really cool!

I like it on the master and drum buss. It has plenty of weight, whilst being capable of some snap, crackle, pop.

i am actually convinced now that this is the best plug in compressor i have ever heard in my life.

I was trying to make a guitar part smooth and natural.. tried arts acoustic, the glue, dc8c, logic, and a bunch of others..

he vertigo is just perfection..

works fantastic on drum buss as well as master buss also.

It's pricey but may even de throne cl1b for me, plus, it's zero latency.

it's staggeringly good. Just brilliant.

There is a comparison video from a mastering engineer here in Germany using the hardware Vertigo. Very, very close to the hardware!

(only in German)
http://youtu.be/jmeLSVElRU0?hd=1

ttoz wrote:i am actually convinced now that this is the best plug in compressor i have ever heard in my life.

I was trying to make a guitar part smooth and natural.. tried arts acoustic, the glue, dc8c, logic, and a bunch of others..

he vertigo is just perfection..

works fantastic on drum buss as well as master buss also.

It's pricey but may even de throne cl1b for me, plus, it's zero latency.

it's staggeringly good. Just brilliant.
It is excellent and easy too use as well.
Definitely my favourite plug-in compressor :)

bmanic wrote:It's darn impressive. I'm beginning to think that Michael Massberg is the master ninja of DSP coding. He is clearly a genius when it comes to coding.
Any info about stuff he has done? Can't google it myself right now. :love: Thanks.

He also programmed SPL Passeq and Elysia Alpha to name but two.

Resonator63 wrote:He also programmed SPL Passeq and Elysia Alpha to name but two.
Well then, I'd really like to read his full CV... Links, anyone?

You might be able to find out more here.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/index.html

4damind wrote:There is a comparison video from a mastering engineer here in Germany using the hardware Vertigo. Very, very close to the hardware!

(only in German)
i find it fascinating...i really do not have the best of a monitoring situation, but the difference was clear and obvious to me, even over the internet stream...really...not nearly as subtle as one could think if you hear this "exprts" (marketers) praising the similarity. the hardware unit is another dimension...i really learned soemthing from this comparison..

cheers

jm

dasdeck wrote:
4damind wrote:There is a comparison video from a mastering engineer here in Germany using the hardware Vertigo. Very, very close to the hardware!

(only in German)
i find it fascinating...i really do not have the best of a monitoring situation, but the difference was clear and obvious to me, even over the internet stream...really...not nearly as subtle as one could think if you hear this "exprts" (marketers) praising the similarity. the hardware unit is another dimension...i really learned soemthing from this comparison..

cheers

jm
I totally agree after listening to first comparisons, the hardware had far more width and depth. The individual elements of the track feel more distinct with their own space, the plug-in just squashes them together and they lose definition. The kick and bass are much better on the hardware, really deep.

Then when listening to the second comparison where they are switched must faster I didn't really hear the same difference. Strange that.

the other day I was Eqing a kick in Largo, I was boosting the high frequency little by little, then finally I thought, ah, just right. I then looked again and realised the EQ was not even engaged!

Anyway, Vertigo plug-in is amazing and I am really thinking about this and the alphacomp. Brainworx = quality stuff.

This video makes me want to learn German, its like I can almost understand them. I take it the muso guy couldn't tell the difference in an A/B?

It's really cool their are mastering Psy too!

The next track, that jazzy thing, I feel that the difference was more apparent. Plug-in seemed weaker. But who knows.

What were their conclusions if anyone knows German?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Vertigo VSC-2

you can get it only today at plugin alliance for 99 instead of 299 usd (or 80 €).

just use the code in the marketplace bargain thread!
Finally!

That's *mind* boggling

First plugin i won't lose money on since switching back to logic from Reason.

I sold it for around 130 i think.

this is a true no brainer.

For anyone who craves what i call "creamy, lush, smooth" compression, i urge you to grab this.

This is kind of like the lexicon of comps.. It does lack S/c and mix control but it sounds so good it would almost be a sin not to have it at 100% wet anyway :hihi:

but seriously, it works on guitar better than anything i have ever used and is delicious to mix into on the DAW master out, and is also zero latency.

It's a truly fantastic, and surprisingly versatile comp even though it's really simple to use.

Enjoy!

Damn!! I would love to scoop this up for $99 but no funds until tomorrow. Wonder what the chances are of the 99 plugins lasting that long.

heffus wrote:Damn!! I would love to scoop this up for $99 but no funds until tomorrow. Wonder what the chances are of the 99 plugins lasting that long.
Last time they did this I think it lasted two days. I don't know about this time. I have a feeling it will be over quick.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Effects”