VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

audiovet wrote:
rockstar_not wrote:
bduffy wrote:
Chrisma wrote:
No_Use wrote:There's also this which - at least from the description - sounds similar to the MaxBass approach.

http://www.hotto.de/vstplugins/vstsmall ... ancer.html

Haven't tested it yet though.
Just tried it in Reaper on my laptop and seemed to work as described. The speakers are very small and could definitely hear adding some bottom to point where it could be over done quite easily. I haven't tried Maxxbass so I can't compare. Be interest to hear what some one familiar with Maxxbass or Renbass thinks about it.
I couldn't get his BassBaron to work with my host(s), but BassExtender I could make sound pretty good. Still not as good as MaxxBass to my ears, but a good free offering.
When I read Christian's description of BassExtender, it does the opposite of what MaxxBass claims to do. MaxxBass is trying to increase bass perception by the concept of phantom pitch created by generation of higher harmonics with equal frequency separation implying low frequency pitch. BassExtender takes an existing signal and divides the frequency content creating a lower pitch than the input signal.

Two entirely different paradigms, in my opinion.

christian didnt do bassextender
I guess that the fact that he claims he worked on it on his website on this page: http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/ ... t-plugins/ was what led me to believe that he did it or at least contributed to it.

Perhaps it's two different plugins with the same name? Bduffy's mention of it right alongside bassbaron from Christian is why I thought he's talking about Christian's Bass Extender. Is there a different one somewhere?

rockstar_not wrote: Is there a different one somewhere?
I think this guy is a bass extender;

See the pliers?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:

See the pliers?
Very funny!! Only problem, that looks like a rainbow trout and not a bass!

I wouldnt know a trout from my own bass. :P
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:I wouldnt know a trout from my own bass. :P
Coming soon: Waves MaxxTrout...

tommy_d wrote:
Coming soon: Waves MaxxTrout...
:lol:

Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

i can't tell my bass from my elbow.

highkoo wrote:

See the pliers?
Actually, now that I look at that photo more closely, what I think this guy is doing is actually tagging that trout. The 'pliers' are actually a hole-punch, which will be used on one of the fins to then place a tag of some sort through the hole in the fin. I know, most wouldn't care about this, but I love trout fishing as well as making music so the photo is kind of intriguing to me.

-Scott

I just finished a bass booster, I don't know if it's an equivalent, but it is free.

It goes into a crossover-lows get boosted by band pass filters, compressed because it gets nasty, then optionally into a sub-bass enhancer with filter cutoff.

I own Voxengo Lf Max Punch, this is pretty close, definitely as powerful.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I just finished a bass booster, I don't know if it's an equivalent, but it is free.

It goes into a crossover-lows get boosted by band pass filters, compressed because it gets nasty, then optionally into a sub-bass enhancer with filter cutoff.

I own Voxengo Lf Max Punch, this is pretty close, definitely as powerful.
nice work there, mate..

Wat the hell happened with this thread? I haven't read the whole thing, but Waves are selling Lo Air for $20 at the mo. I think this does what you're looking for. http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=9939

dcfac73 wrote:Wat the hell happened with this thread?
To paraphrase:

td: is there a freeware equivalent of MaxxBass?
Izak Synthiemental, Compyfox, bduffy: no, not really.
other people: what about these?
td: thank you, those are cool, but not what I'm looking for.
LeVzi: how about this - it's cool and only 15 euros.
td: nice. And almost freeware.
kbaccki: you already own Voxengo LFMaxPunch - what about that?
td: I'll give it another go.
other people: what about -

this
this
or this?

...but since then I've been really busy :( I hope to check out some of these latest suggestions tonight.

Along the way we discussed patents (Sean/valhallasound, aciddose) and psychoacoustic research (Breeze). Oh, and there were some fish jokes, too...

@RunBeerRun: Cool - I'll check it out! Thank you :)

I have to mention a classic that amazingly hasn't been mentioned yet: the BassLane VST plugin (by Tone Projects) - and it's even freeware.

BassLane seperates the low-end from the rest of the signal, and makes it centered mono which (commonly) is where the low-end should be, although it does allow you to widen the low frequencies. In the plugin you can also enhance ('Gain') the low-end's volume, and fine-tune exactly where the low-end frequency begins.

The magic trick that I use (in FL Studio) is: I assign the sample to mixer insert 1, remove the link to the master channel, re-route the signal to mixer insert 2 and 3. I high-pass filter mixer insert 2 and send its signal to master. On mixer insert 3 I insert BassLane and play around with the settings till it sounds right, then I set 'Monitor' to 'Diff" (which makes BassLane ONLY play the low-end signal), and this mixer insert also gets routed to master.

Now I have the high-pass filtered sample (with no low-end) on mixer insert 2.

AND: I have the BassLane seperated and enhanced low-end on mixer 3.

NOW: I can insert all the compression, LP filters, saturators and dynamic enhancers I want on JUST the low-end signal. That is, IF the magic of BassLane magic isn't enough in itself.

PS: Actually I do this in a slightly more complicated work, but the method described above should work just as well (and is easier).

Peace!

Download @ http://www.toneprojects.com/products/
Hardware: M-Audio Audiophile USB + Studiophile BX5a | Numark PT-01 USB | Akai MPC2500 SE

Software: FL Studio 11 | Groove Machine | Geist | TX16Wx 2 Pro | EZdrummer | Arturia Minimoog-V Original | kHs One | Bass Station | V-Station

no, basslane not the same, and no, lo air not the same. Lo air is a subharmonic synthesizer to add REAL low end, totally different thing,.

Lo AIR is the one you need great monitors and a sub for :)

Return to “Effects”