kush audio ubk 1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bduffy wrote:Just trying this now. Is there a manual for this thing?
There's a good video on their website.

Lenticular wrote:
There's a good video on their website.
Not my preferred method of learning - especially not with a $149 plug-in - but thanks!

---

Watch the video... all will become clear.

Edit: Oh, missed your last post ^^... but it's true, the video really makes it pretty clear and simple.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:

Edit: Oh, missed your last post ^^... but it's true, the video really makes it pretty clear and simple.
Yeah, it certainly helps. I just hate slogging through a video instead of bouncing back and forth from a manual, and being able to search key words, etc.

bduffy wrote:
polyslax wrote:

Yeah, it certainly helps. I just hate slogging through a video instead of bouncing back and forth from a manual, and being able to search key words, etc.
My view exactly! Maybe we literary minded types are getting fewer and fewer… ;-)

Also, me currently residing in Timor-Leste with a connection that, in its best moments, may peak at 60KB/s (that's KILO-bytes, ladies and gents) I can't even stream Soundcloud…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
bduffy wrote:
polyslax wrote:

My view exactly! Maybe we literary minded types are getting fewer and fewer… ;-)

Also, me currently residing in Timor-Leste with a connection that, in its best moments, may peak at 60KB/s (that's KILO-bytes, ladies and gents) I can't even stream Soundcloud…

/Joachim
Yeah, we got a shite connection here at work today too (usually qiute fast).

That being said, the video is very illuminating. This is one interesting beast, and I like how they approaching things differently.

OK, here's a before-and-after, just for the heck of it.

First song has no UBK:

http://i.minus.com/1330797431/A4m5M3ccw ... WZtL43.mp3

Second mix has UBK on everything, including the 2-Bus:

http://i.minus.com/1330797452/AnwbPCLe7 ... brQyJU.mp3

Some very big changes in sound (which is to be expected, with compression, saturation, etc), I tried to match the general levels. I love what the UBK-1 did for the pizzicato samples; really smeared them out and made them interesting. Overall, I really like the sound, although you have to be careful not to mush things out.

It's a really neat sculpting tool. I'd be tempted to pick it up, if I had the extra cash. I'm sad it's actually going to cost more than $149 at some point!

Now I wonder what this sounds like with RC-Tube on the mix as well...! :-o

bduffy wrote:

Some very big changes in sound (which is to be expected, with compression, saturation, etc), I tried to match the general levels. I love what the UBK-1 did for the pizzicato samples; really smeared them out and made them interesting. Overall, I really like the sound, although you have to be careful not to mush things out.

It's a really neat sculpting tool. I'd be tempted to pick it up, if I had the extra cash. I'm sad it's actually going to cost more than $149 at some point!

Bought my license several weeks ago and patiently awaiting the VST arrival. Every demo I;ve heard I love what this does to the drums and it seems to extenuate the top end with some space and ride, delivering a nice definition of the bottom end.

Can't wait ...

Nice tune by the way...available on Soundcloud download ^^ rather mellow and a nice end of week wind down tune. Thanks for the up :) Whats the lead instrument that comes in towards the end, I like that sound!

MFXxx wrote:
bduffy wrote:

Bought my license several weeks ago and patiently awaiting the VST arrival. Every demo I;ve heard I love what this does to the drums and it seems to extenuate the top end with some space and ride, delivering a nice definition of the bottom end.

Can't wait :)

Nice tune by the way...available on Soundcloud download ^^ rather mellow and a nice end of week wind down tune. Thanks for the up :)
Hey, thanks. Just cranking something out to test this with. Mostly Omnisphere preset dialing... :oops:

But yeah, exactly: it smooths things out in a very "analog" way (reminds me of Distressor quite a bit), and does lots of interesting-yet-barely-perceptible stuff that shines in-context of the full mix too. Very cool.

But the VST version is out, no? EDIT: no, sorry, you're awaiting the PC version, I get it. Ungh. You're very enthusiastic to be such an early adopter! :help:

Yep this was a plugin I did not want to miss out on.

The lead in your demo what omnisphere preset - ill have a look through.

MFXxx wrote:Yep this was a plugin I did not want to miss out on.

The lead in your demo what omnisphere preset - ill have a look through.
The lead being that little glissando synth? That's...."Gliding Plastic Saw".

Here's the same mix with UBK-1 and RC-Tube. Just for analog-processing insanity (actually, it's quite mild).

http://i.minus.com/1330800215/AWW7BY0Ll ... XJ8bIQ.mp3

wow, it is so much more interesting with the UBK on it.

sounds even better with the RC-tube :)

dw

dusted william wrote:wow, it is so much more interesting with the UBK on it.

sounds even better with the RC-tube :)

dw
Agreed! ;)

Return to “Effects”