ValhallaÜberMod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaÜberMod

I am happy to announce that, after 6+ months of intensive research, development, beta testing, blood, sweat, tears, extensive profanity, and regular caffeine overdoses, ValhallaÜberMod is available for OSX and Windows.

http://www.valhalladsp.com/valhallaubermod

ValhallaÜberMod is a unique mutltap delay and modulation plugin. With up to 32 modulated delay taps, extensive diffusion and overdrive sections, and parallel slow and vibrato LFOs, ÜberMod can be used to create lush dimensional choruses, classic string ensembles, tape and BBD echoes, nonlinear and reverse reverbs, and a bunch of sounds that defy categorization.

Feature List:

- True stereo signal path, for maintaining the spatial image of stereo inputs.
- Delay times that can be synced to tempo, to create modulated delays and nonlinear reverbs at specific beat rates
- Unique WIDTH control, that varies the spatial image from mono to stereo to "super-stereo"
- Separate parameters for the detune and vibrato oscillators, to have high level control of up to 32 independent LFOs
- OverMod control, to turn up modulation depth beyond the bounds of sanity
- A high level DEPTH parameter, for quick adjustments to the overall chorus modulation amount.
- A large number of chorus tap modes (2/4/6/8/16/32 Taps, Dual Ensemble, 16Phase) for dialing in specific chorus, ensemble, and nonlinear reverb sounds
- Diffusion section (with adjustable amount, size, mod width and mod depth) for creating delays that smear over time, diffusion choruses, and modulated reverbs
- Drive section (with pregain, postgain, and noise gain) for emulating tape saturation & analog delays
- Taps menu, for adjusting the spacing, slope, left/right skew, and randomization of the output taps
- A simple yet powerful EQ section, for rolling off the high and low frequencies, and switching between bright and dark color modes.
- SPEED control, to double the delay time and drop the pitch of the signal within the delay buffers.
- All parameter changes are smoothed to avoid clicks, and to generate tape echo-esque effects. The smoothing time can be adjusted to create a variety of swishing, whooshing boing sounds.
- Resizable GUI influenced by NASA Human Interface specifications & Swiss School of graphic design. Minimalist GUI, Maximalist Sound.™
- High level controls have dedicated sliders, while the "tweakier" controls are selected via their own panels
- Cross platform/DAW preset mechanism, that allows presets to be easily exchanged with other ÜberMod users via text based copy and paste.
- New in Version 1.0.1: WARP InputPan. This new parameter allows for ping pong echos, as well as all sorts of ping ponging effects - tape delay, reverbs, delay clusters, reverse reverbs, what have you.
- New in Version 1.0.1: 3 additional preset categories (DoubleTracking, PingPong, StereoEnhancers)
- New in Version 1.0.2: AAX (64-bit) for OSX and Windows

ValhallaÜberMod is available to demo/purchase for OSX (AU / AU64 / VST / VST64 / RTAS, AAX64) and Windows (VST32 / VST64 / RTAS / AAX64). The price is $50.
Last edited by valhallasound on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Very cool! Nice job. If it's anythig at all like room quality it's a no brainer buy.

Bought! Thanks Sean!

Congrats Sean! Your reber effects are (to my ears at least) some of the best out there. You can thank Dennis and his constant demo pieces for that. ;)

Congratulations again Sean! :)
This is an amazing plugin again (like your other 3 plugins)!
I'm sure a lot of people will have a lot of fun with it!
It definitely does many things which no other plugin can do but also more conventional things but with an amazing sound!

Here is a quick link to some audio demos again:
http://soundcloud.com/bronto-scorpio/sets/bermod/

Cheers
Dennis

bmrzycki wrote:Congrats Sean! Your reber effects are (to my ears at least) some of the best out there. You can thank Dennis and his constant demo pieces for that. ;)
Yep! I can get really annoying when I'm excited about a plugin :hihi:
Luckily it takes a lot for a plugin to impress me :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Ubermod color scheme changes when I change presets. Some are black background and some are blue. I'm not sure what the significance is.

By the way, it's fantastic.

Bought without even demoing. Sean made it. 'nuff said.

krankyone wrote:Ubermod color scheme changes when I change presets. Some are black background and some are blue. I'm not sure what the significance is.
Go into the EQ section, and click the "Mode" button, which is also called the "Color Mode" button. It will become clear. Enable the Diffusion section, then mess with the EQ Mode button. The high audio frequencies really correspond to the background color.

Basically, if the background is black, the plugin is in Dark mode. This is similar to the Dark algorithms for ValhallaRoom. So my wife suggested putting a visual cue in there.
By the way, it's fantastic.
Thanks!

Sean Costello

Congratulations Sean,

I think you've managed to produce something that goes so far beyond my expectations for UberMod whilst delivering the bread & butter things like decent ITB chorus with class and polish. Your plugins are turning into a suite of products to compete with the mighty Eventide (hardware) and Soundtoys (plugin). And all for 50 bucks a pop; I salute you good sir!

JM
------------
http://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

Time for a bundle!

There was an unposted rumor in the marketplace for a Valhalla bundle with 3 plugins for only $150. Mind-boggling great value - includes a free copy of FreqEcho. Operators are hovering around the order desk now while the Danish pastries last.

Congrats, Sean and the highly caffeinated staff at ValhallaDSP! This is one delay I won't be delaying paying until after the holidays. This is one delay I won't be delaying playing until after the holidays.
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Congratulatons, Sean! The time you spent on this was more than just worth it...

mandolarian wrote:There was an unposted rumor in the marketplace for a Valhalla bundle with 3 plugins for only $150.
:D
Congrats, Sean and the highly caffeinated staff at ValhallaDSP!
I stopped drinking coffee a few weeks back. But the amount of caffeine I was imbibing during the ÜberMod development was truly stunning. The day I woke up, looked out the window at the weak Seattle sun, and felt it stabbing into my eyeballs, resulting in a full-blown migraine, was the day I realized I needed to move over to green tea.

ValhallaÜberMod wasn't a green tea plugin. It was a COFFEE plugin. It can get some pretty sounds, but I found myself putting in all the features and accidental discoveries that allowed me to rip audio to shreds. Which reflects my paranoid, jacked up state at the time. As opposed to ValhallaShimmer, which was more of a cross between Eno, green tea, and Eno.

Sean Costello

oneshotdeal wrote:Time for a bundle!
there already is a bundle. 3 x awesome plug ins for $150 :hihi:

Return to “Effects”