ValhallaÜberMod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaÜberMod

:lol:

I dunno, if a plugin could provide motion, ubermod would be it ;)

REALLY cool!

valhallasound wrote:
hibidy wrote:All I can say is :wheee:
That's a good icon for the ping pong delays.

Although I have to admit that the ping pong and stereo effects in ÜberMod aren't really able to induce vertigo. The ping ponging sounds cool, but without making the listener feel sick to their stomach. So I'm a bit disappointed on that front.

Sean Costello
You're not playing back the brown notes loud enough. :hihi:
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

valhallasound wrote:

Although I have to admit that the ping pong and stereo effects in ÜberMod aren't really able to induce vertigo. The ping ponging sounds cool, but without making the listener feel sick to their stomach. So I'm a bit disappointed on that front.

Sean Costello
Is it able to induce vortexing, as in Lexicon Vortex? Maybe that could be an idea for your next plugin, combining some of your fine algos into a morphing fx unit like the Vortex? :)
http://www.andybutler.com/vortex/vortex.htm

metalifuxx wrote:
valhallasound wrote:

Sean Costello
Is it able to induce vortexing, as in Lexicon Vortex? Maybe that could be an idea for your next plugin, combining some of your fine algos into a morphing fx unit like the Vortex? :)
The upcoming 1.0.1 update removes the delay clearing code when changing modes, so the taps will "morph" into place in the new locations at a rate determined by the Smoothing time. To make ÜberMod into a fully "morphing" algorithm like the Vortex would require either adding smoothing & crossfades to every single aspect of the algorithm, or greatly simplifying the code. But the update is "morphier."

Sean Costello

mandolarian wrote:
valhallasound wrote:

Sean Costello
You're not playing back the brown notes loud enough. :hihi:
See, you are CLEARLY listening to ÜberMod over an inferior sound system. I can't believe I went to all the trouble of putting 7 Hz components into ÜberMod, only to find that people can't be bothered to take off your headphones, move away from their laptop speakers, and listen to ÜberMod over a PROPER sound system.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go mop up my office again.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
metalifuxx wrote:
valhallasound wrote:

Sean Costello
The upcoming 1.0.1 update removes the delay clearing code when changing modes, so the taps will "morph" into place in the new locations at a rate determined by the Smoothing time. To make ÜberMod into a fully "morphing" algorithm like the Vortex would require either adding smoothing & crossfades to every single aspect of the algorithm, or greatly simplifying the code. But the update is "morphier."

Sean Costello
I still have a Vortex (had 'two'). If you ask REALLY nice, I might let you borrow it for "research" purposes.

:wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Here is a little experiment processing a Glockenspiel from my soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy and a Granite patch with 1 instance of SchmüberÜber...

Da settings:
<ValhallaUberMod pluginVersion="1.0.1" presetName="Less Endless Leslie Panner" Mix="1" Depth="0.289000005" StereoWidth="0.662" Delay="0.0113000004" Feedback="0.829999983" Spread="0.0320000015" Slope="0" Skew="0.540000021" Random="0.828000009" TapGain="0.445833325" Diffusion="0.372000009" DiffSize="0.575510204" DiffModRate="0.0200200193" DiffModDepth="0.660000026" LowCut="0.0502512567" HighCut="0.756281435" SpatialXover="0.0301507544" DetuneRate="0.0810810775" DetuneDepth="0.0120000001" VibratoRate="0.028070176" VibratoDepth="0.0280000009" OverMod="0.119999997" DriveInGain="0.310000002" DriveOutGain="0.720833361" DriveNoiseGain="0" FeedbackRotate="0.89200002" SmoothingTime="1" ColorMode="1" DelaySync="0" type="0.291666657" DiffEnable="1" Drive="1" DrivePrePost="0" Speed="0" InputPan="0.5"/>

--

EDIT: I just updated the zip-folder with ÜberMod Presets on patchpool, it now contains 49 presets - check it out here.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a little experiment processing a Glockenspiel from my soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy and a Granite patch with 1 instance of SchmüberÜber...
That was lovely... 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a little experiment processing a Glockenspiel from my soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy and a Granite patch with 1 instance of SchmüberÜber...
That was lovely... 8)
Thank you - and it still is lovely :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:I just updated the zip-folder with ÜberMod Presets on patchpool, it now contains 49 presets - check it out here.
SiMOD... U de man... umm.... MAN :hail: :tu:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I just updated the zip-folder with ÜberMod Presets on patchpool, it now contains 49 presets - check it out here.
SiMOD... U de man... umm.... MAN :hail: :tu:
LOL :D
Cheers...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:
That was lovely... 8)
:D I came SOOO close to changing that to "is"... but, got distracted by the need for caffeine. :wink:

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:
That was lovely... 8)
:D I came SOOO close to changing that to "is"... but, got distracted by the need for caffeine. :wink:
Yeah, I gonna get some more caffeine as well, after all ÜberMod is a caffeine Plug-In :hail: :tantrum: :wheee:

Sampleconstruct wrote: Yeah, I gonna get some more caffeine as well, after all ÜberMod is a caffeine Plug-In :hail: :tantrum: :wheee:
A coffee plugin, to be precise. I wasn't quite at Henry Rollins levels of coffee consumption, but I was drinking a lot of coffee by my standards, as it makes me kind of crazy. Hence the 40+ parameter chimera that is ÜberMod.

Now I'm drinking green tea, so future plugins will have a few controls with enigmatic names, displayed asymmetrically, and strive towards wabi sabi simplicity.

I'm actually not kidding about the last paragraph. The only problem is that the signal processing I was trying for my first "zen" plugin ended up being a miserable failure. So I may have to create another huge pot of steaming Wagnerian sonic soup for the next plugin, until I figure out another approach for my wabi sabi DSP.

Insert standard "amazing example, Sampleconstruct" here. Or maybe I'll just add that to my signature. Seriously, it is obvious that you have some major music theory chops, but it blows me away how your examples are like little miniature compositions.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:
Now I'm drinking green tea, so future plugins will have a few controls with enigmatic names, displayed asymmetrically, and strive towards wabi sabi simplicity.
Ok then, as long as they are sounding as good as the stuff you've released so far I don't care :D
valhallasound wrote: Insert standard "amazing example, Sampleconstruct" here. Or maybe I'll just add that to my signature. Seriously, it is obvious that you have some major music theory chops, but it blows me away how your examples are like little miniature compositions.
Cheers, Sean - actually composing my little Valhalla demos has become a relaxation practice really, some days after hours of cutting and twisting samples, programming patches, making demos I just need to do something totally different for a short while and release the accumulated musical energy - that's where currently ÜberMod comes in, grab it, twist it - instant gratification :)

Return to “Effects”