VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally released You can find it all the details here :

Le Masque

Intro Price : 39 €
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

i'll definitely check out all vids tomorrow i woke up 4a m here for a pee and got sucked in to kvr again but i am dead lol.

will do thorough testing in the morrow.

yes the sound is really really nice and DEFINITELY has something unique going on in the filters that make it sound very very warm

Not my cup of tea. Tried it but I'm not much impressed.

i do have to say i am sure i did not see a reverse button which seems essential imo, no?

imagine being able to mark only a certain hit as reverse for example, then the others just forwards delay..

surely that's a good idea?

and dare i say it.. a DUCKING function built in?

only the expensive psp 85 has this standard.. i tell you i am sure people would sure love it in a 50 buck delay and would flock to it in droves with that feature

ttoz wrote:and dare i say it.. a DUCKING function built in?

only the expensive psp 85 has this standard.. i tell you i am sure people would sure love it in a 50 buck delay and would flock to it in droves with that feature
MFM2 has ducking. And a top level preset shows how to :)

Lotuzia wrote:Finally released You can find it all the details here :

Le Masque

Hi Laurent,

congratulations for the official release of Le Masque. :tu:
The introductory price seems to be reasonable too.

I guess i'll post a few of my own audio demos soon.

I'm a bit unexperienced in doing presets for FX plugins but maybe i'll manage to do a few in the future and send them to you.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

That's a very attractive price :-o From the demo it seems a pretty capable and fun delay, especially with those juicy filters, which sound excellent to me.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Hi,

like promised i created a first Audio demo using the new Xils Lab Le Masque Delay in combination with one of my own presets for KV331 Audio Synthmaster 2.5 (8 examples, 10:39 mins):

Le Masque Bells Demo 1

The first two examples are Synthmaster only, where the second uses the internal Delay FX of Sythmaster. The examples 3 and 4 use more "basic" presets of Le Masque while the last 4 use more complex presets.
Each example uses a single instance of Le Masque and Synthmaster (only Synthmaster in examples 1+2) and no external FXs (besides Le Masque) or additional automation were used. All notes were recorded "live", mostly using both hands.

The last example sounds a bit like "audio dropouts" which is not the case!

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ttoz wrote:i do have to say i am sure i did not see a reverse button which seems essential imo, no?

imagine being able to mark only a certain hit as reverse for example, then the others just forwards delay..

surely that's a good idea?

and dare i say it.. a DUCKING function built in?

Hi Theo,

Yes the reverse button is on our radar for the future. I'll agree it would be very usefull.

As for the Ducking function, its a very good idea. Due to the specific implementation of the Mask, I think it would not be that hard to implement ( if you mean a Ducking function like Delay is present only when dry signal is not ). It could there again widen the possibilities in a nice way. So we'll consider it.

Thanks

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Urs wrote: MFM2 has ducking. And a top level preset shows how to :)
Nice. Its good to see different delays with different sound and functions. ...... Like for synthesizers :wink:

Ingonator wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Finally released You can find it all the details here :

Le Masque

Hi Laurent,

congratulations for the official release of Le Masque. :tu:
The introductory price seems to be reasonable too.

I guess i'll post a few of my own audio demos soon.

I'm a bit unexperienced in doing presets for FX plugins but maybe i'll manage to do a few in the future and send them to you.

Ingo
Hi Ingo,

Thanks for all ( brilliant beta testing included ) :hug:

Yes all presets are welcomed. Le Masque can be highly context dependant, as its freedom for extracting source material is total. But there are so much possibilities that I'm sure there's room for a lot of generic and very usefull presets.

Yes don't worry, I was also totally lacking experience in making presets for effects :o :-o But I really enjoyed making the factory ones, because Le Masque is so intuitive that its real fun and that its relatively easy to end with interesting results while tweaking. I really liked this "soundtoy" approach !

Nielzie wrote:That's a very attractive price :-o From the demo it seems a pretty capable and fun delay, especially with those juicy filters, which sound excellent to me.
Thanks a lot Niels :)

Le Masque tries to combine uncompromised audio quality ( so thanks for the filters ) together with an affordable price, and no dongle protection.

Someone on another forum said that we made a mistake on "the best selling point" : According to him it was the sound quality, more than the innovative workflow, possibilities and visual interface. He placed Le Masque on par with the most praised and .. pricey delays quality wise. Thanks to this gentleman too.

Well hopefully it will be both :)

Sorry to say that Le Masque crashes AU validation in Logic 9.1.5, OS 10.5.8 - force-enabling it anyway, and then opening it under the "invalidated plugins" menu, crashes Logic entirely... :( :(

Validation log here:

validating Audio Unit LeMasqueDelay by XILS-lab:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.2.1b3
Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumf' - 'tMkD' - 'Xils'
Manufacturer String: XILS-lab
AudioUnit name: LeMasqueDelay
Component Info: XILS-lab LeMasqueDelay AudioUnit
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)
Component's Bundle Version: 1.0.0

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit: 0.784 ms

validation result: crashed validation

Hi andrelafosse,

Did you install the 32 bits or the 64 bits version ?

At this time, the 64 bits version is an only 64 bit plug-in which can't be launched in a 32 bits application.

Anyway, I will check this deeper.

Best regards
Xavier

xavier wrote:Hi andrelafosse,

Did you install the 32 bits or the 64 bits version ?
Just 32.

Return to “Effects”