Le Masque :Delay: [Xils-Lab] [ Version 1.5 Released]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
ttoz wrote:and dare i say it.. a DUCKING function built in?

only the expensive psp 85 has this standard.. i tell you i am sure people would sure love it in a 50 buck delay and would flock to it in droves with that feature
MFM2 has ducking. And a top level preset shows how to :)
i think i've told you many times i look at mfm and just fall to pieces (not in a good way), it does my head in. Seriously i just can not get around it.

I should have mentioned it though as i do remember it having the ducking function, sorry.

So yours and psp 85 are it. that's it for "built in" ducking.
I chose psp 85 even though double the price of mfm or at least more expensive anyway, because it is SIMPLE to use.

:)

and i got n2o for free with the promotion :hihi:

PS the free mdsp ducking delay from smart electornix is not an option as it does not work. I tried it on a 2008 mac in logic 8, crash instant.

On a 2009 mac in logic and studio one, both vst and au, crash instant

On a 2011 mac book pro in studio one, crash, instant, in live 8, crash instantly.

On windows XP in cubase, crash, on windows vista in cubase, crash

so then i came to the conclusion the plug in simply does not work.

Ingonator wrote:Hi,

like promised i created a first Audio demo using the new Xils Lab Le Masque Delay in combination with one of my own presets for KV331 Audio Synthmaster 2.5 (8 examples, 10:39 mins):

Le Masque Bells Demo 1

The first two examples are Synthmaster only, where the second uses the internal Delay FX of Sythmaster. The examples 3 and 4 use more "basic" presets of Le Masque while the last 4 use more complex presets.
Each example uses a single instance of Le Masque and Synthmaster (only Synthmaster in examples 1+2) and no external FXs (besides Le Masque) or additional automation were used. All notes were recorded "live", mostly using both hands.

The last example sounds a bit like "audio dropouts" which is not the case!

The Synthmaster preset was created using chromatic samples of one of my own presets for the Waldorf Blofeld. This will be included in my upcoming bank (work in progress) for Synthmaster 2.5.

Ingo
your post about demos for le masque, and you mentioned:

Synthmaster = 7 times
Le Masque = 4 times
Blofield = 1 time

:hihi:

Kriminal wrote: your post about demos for le masque, and you mentioned:

Synthmaster = 7 times
Le Masque = 4 times
Blofield = 1 time

I thought about using several different sound sources (including e.g. Xils synths and Diva!!) but i thought it was better using one of my own stuff which i'm currently working on.
I didn't count how often i used which name, i just wanted to give a precise description of my demo/examples.

BTW I removed the last part of my post about the demo as it's really not necessary.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I purchased this yesterday after demoing for 24 hrs and am very impressed. Forget the funky mask based automation features (cool though they may be), the sound quality on this is superb and judged purely as a bread & butter delay unit is incredible value for money, especially at the current offer price. I really didn't think I needed another delay plugin (already own the Soundtoys suite, Fabfilter delay, Ubermod and the Vtape suite to name a few) but there's a warmth this thing that makes it a joy to use.

I thought the mask feature was a bit of a gimmick on first impressions and believed whatever results it would enable me to achieve could easily be replicated with host based automation. But that certainly isn't the case, the triggering modes on both the envelope & LFO are incredibly useful and when combined with host based automation enable some crazy results that would be very hard to achieve through host automation alone.

Xavier, I think you've produced a bit of a classic here that will stand the test of time. Can't wait to hear what else you've got lined up on the effects unit front.

JM
------------
http://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

andrelafosse wrote:
xavier wrote:Hi andrelafosse,

Did you install the 32 bits or the 64 bits version ?
Just 32.
Hi Andre,

I think another user has reported a bug with a very similar host/daw/system combination in the Xils forum. However its reported to work in Logic for some other combinations :? :-o

No worries it will be looked after. Sorry for your loss of time and thanks for the -very comlete :tu: - report.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

like promised i created a first Audio demo using the new Xils Lab Le Masque Delay in combination with one of my own presets for KV331 Audio Synthmaster 2.5 (8 examples, 10:39 mins):

Le Masque Bells Demo 1

The first two examples are Synthmaster only, where the second uses the internal Delay FX of Sythmaster. The examples 3 and 4 use more "basic" presets of Le Masque while the last 4 use more complex presets.
Each example uses a single instance of Le Masque and Synthmaster (only Synthmaster in examples 1+2) and no external FXs (besides Le Masque) or additional automation were used. All notes were recorded "live", mostly using both hands.

Ingo
Thanks a lot Ingo,

Some beautiful demos here with an "ample" and ethreal sound. :tu:

Note : It doesnt matter at all if its Synthmaster, I've made the Shaftesque EP demo with NI FM8.

Different synths, different flavors, difference = music !

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:

Le Masque Bells Demo 1

Ingo
Thanks a lot Ingo,

Some beautiful demos here with an "ample" and ethreal sound. :tu:

Note : It doesnt matter at all if its Synthmaster, I've made the Shaftesque EP demo with NI FM8.

Different synths, different flavors, difference = music !
Hi Laurent,

good to know you like the demo. :hug:

As you mention FM8 i already thought about using a few of your FM8 presets as a sound source. Maybe i'll try to do that in another demo. Another thought was to use the Waldorf Blofeld directly (and not as samples like in this example...).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

metrosonic wrote:I purchased this yesterday after demoing for 24 hrs and am very impressed. Forget the funky mask based automation features (cool though they may be), the sound quality on this is superb and judged purely as a bread & butter delay unit is incredible value for money, especially at the current offer price. I really didn't think I needed another delay plugin (already own the Soundtoys suite, Fabfilter delay, Ubermod and the Vtape suite to name a few) but there's a warmth this thing that makes it a joy to use.

I thought the mask feature was a bit of a gimmick on first impressions and believed whatever results it would enable me to achieve could easily be replicated with host based automation. But that certainly isn't the case, the triggering modes on both the envelope & LFO are incredibly useful and when combined with host based automation enable some crazy results that would be very hard to achieve through host automation alone.

Xavier, I think you've produced a bit of a classic here that will stand the test of time. Can't wait to hear what else you've got lined up on the effects unit front.

JM
------------
http://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

:oops: :oops:

What can I say ? Beeing compared to such prestigious units as Soundtoys :love: :love: etc

Yes all the modulators are tied with the Masks concept too. This is also hopefully what make it capable of a classic touch combined with a few fantasies simultaneously

Glad you like it:hug:

And to Andre : We're after something for your problem. More news asap :)

Lotuzia wrote:...beeing proof read by the English editor.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

andrelafosse wrote:Sorry to say that Le Masque crashes AU validation in Logic 9.1.5, OS 10.5.8 - force-enabling it anyway, and then opening it under the "invalidated plugins" menu, crashes Logic entirely... :( :(

Validation log here:

validating Audio Unit LeMasqueDelay by XILS-lab:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.2.1b3
Copyright 2003-2007, Apple, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumf' - 'tMkD' - 'Xils'
Manufacturer String: XILS-lab
AudioUnit name: LeMasqueDelay
Component Info: XILS-lab LeMasqueDelay AudioUnit
Component Version: 1.0.0 (0x10000)
Component's Bundle Version: 1.0.0

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
Time to open AudioUnit: 0.784 ms

validation result: crashed validation
Huh, Mr. LaFosse checking out a delay. Who would have thunk it? :lol: Hi Andre! Nice to see you around KVR. You should post some of you're new songs in the cafe.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I had a turn with LeMasque tonight and I was super disappointed that the filter couldn't be put in the feedback path. It's really a must... for me at least. The sequencer trick... I guess it's nice and I could probably get some interesting unexpected stuff out of it, but I don't really use loops that much (unless I'm making them in real time) and I feel it would mostly be lost for me. So... sounds good... but it sent me running to Ronin and Dr. Device. :shrug:
Zerocrossing Media

andrelafosse wrote:
xavier wrote:Hi andrelafosse,

Did you install the 32 bits or the 64 bits version ?
Just 32.
Hi Andre,

Just checked it : there is a problem with the powerpc compatibility
I will work on this today.

Best regards
Xavier

zerocrossing wrote:I had a turn with LeMasque tonight and I was super disappointed that the filter couldn't be put in the feedback path. It's really a must... for me at least. The sequencer trick... I guess it's nice and I could probably get some interesting unexpected stuff out of it, but I don't really use loops that much (unless I'm making them in real time) and I feel it would mostly be lost for me. So... sounds good... but it sent me running to Ronin and Dr. Device. :shrug:
Yes I like Replicant a lot also. Crazy unit. :love:

Well Le Masque can operate like a totally regular delay too and some people even see it as their future go-to delay.

Compared to AD plugs I'd say that the overall sound is different ( filters etc ), and that both have unique things to propose as well.

The Shaftesque EP demos and the Electronic Sitar try to demonstrate what Le Masque can do on other instruments than drums ( and loops )

Here's a video where I used a bit of automation via Midi Cc. Le Masuqe "extracts" and processes selected Snare hits out of a drumloop, but I think it would be very close if the snare was on a separate outpout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8s1z3pDBQ

( Note the volume is a bit low on this video so you might have to raise it a bit on your speakers :oops: )

Thus its ability to process loops is far from beeing only a gimmick. People have usually a lot of drumloops lying on the HD, but its often difficult to add interesting variations to this static material, while preserving the original sound quality. With Le Masque you can add this, or make drastic breaks, fills in what I believe is a fast and intuitive way.

If you configure the Masks a la step sequencer also you a a regular delay ( Masks are covering all the grid area) but the way the modulators ( Lfo, Filters, envelope ) are tied to the Masks and their own parameters (levels and Mask EV ) make that you can produce subtle shuffles that would be very very hard to achieve even with tons of very sophisticated and time consuming automation.

SOoOo in simple words, yes it can process loops, but .... it can process anything as well :)

And yes the option to put the filter in the feedback path is something we will study for a next update so eventually ............ Maybe we'll see you later :)

xavier wrote: Hi Andre,

Thanks for that! - but I'm on an Intel machine...? (2.66 Ghz Intel core 2 duo)

Hmmmmmm.

andrelafosse wrote:
xavier wrote: Hi Andre,

Thanks for that! - but I'm on an Intel machine...? (2.66 Ghz Intel core 2 duo)

Hmmmmmm.

:oops: :oops: :hihi:

Thanks André,

Dont worry we'll look at this too and hopefully it will be fixed asap. Some bugs with certain Logic configs were fixed today.

Crossing fingers mode ON :)

Return to “Effects”