VST like the Moog Murf?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What comes closest? I was considering getting one but decided to go for a Cluster Flux instead and I'm limited by space (and cash!) Better to do that specialized trick in software maybe...
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Maybe FilterscapeQ6? Not exactly the same but you'll probably be able to get similar results with the snap shots.

justin3am wrote:Maybe FilterscapeQ6? Not exactly the same but you'll probably be able to get similar results with the snap shots.
That's a good suggestion! Especially since it's gathering bitdust in my VST folder. I forget how powerful that baby is.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Waldorf AFB16

Uncle E wrote:Waldorf AFB16
That's not really a VST though, technically speaking. :uhuhuh:
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote:That's not really a VST though, technically speaking. :uhuhuh:
Yes, it really is, technically speaking.

Uncle E wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:That's not really a VST though, technically speaking. :uhuhuh:
Yes, it really is, technically speaking.
Really? Is my Roland SonicCell a VST then? Virus Ti? Come on. You know what I was asking. I don't think as more hardware gets VST controllers we should start having to designate "software VSTs only" in a post... even though I clearly ask for a software solution in my original post. Do I have to change my post to say, "not including hardware solutions that have a USB interface and VST controller." ? :dog:
Zerocrossing Media

CamelSpace . . . ?
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

zerocrossing wrote:Is my Roland SonicCell a VST then?
Yes.
Virus Ti?
Yes.
Come on. You know what I was asking.
When I assume, I make an ass out of u and me, so how about some appreciation for me not assuming anything? ;) And no, I didn't know what you were asking and don't see why you disapprove so vehemently against my response. The AFB16 rocks, try it.
I don't think as more hardware gets VST controllers we should start having to designate "software VSTs only" in a post... even though I clearly ask for a software solution in my original post. Do I have to change my post to say, "not including hardware solutions that have a USB interface and VST controller." ? :dog:
The AFB16 doesn't have a VST controller. It's as much a VST as the UAD-2, Powercore, Scope, and Duende are.

Uncle E wrote:The AFB16 rocks, try it.
I'd love to! Do you have them for sale?
Just because it does what he asks, doesn't mean it's practical. As far as I know, the AFB16 is no longer available or being developed, so in this case it would be more practical for Zerocrossing to just get a Moog MuRF. :shrug:

justin3am wrote:I'd love to! Do you have them for sale?
Sorry, no. :(
Just because it does what he asks, doesn't mean it's practical. As far as I know, the AFB16 is no longer available or being developed, so in this case it would be more practical for Zerocrossing to just get a Moog MuRF. :shrug:
Agreed on all points. I imagine a Midi Murf is pretty much the same thing. Personally, I haven't found a good software version (though I haven't looked that hard, either :hihi: ).

justin3am wrote:
Uncle E wrote:The AFB16 rocks, try it.
I'd love to! Do you have them for sale?
Exactly... and also I did say in my post that it seemed like something more conveniently done in software. No need to do any assumptions, it was pretty clear that I was looking for something without a dedicated hardware component. Since the MuRF has a VST editor, I guess that's a VST too, as is my Slim Phatty. Man that thing is one of the best analog emulations I've ever heard! :lol:

So yeah, regardless of it's quality (which I never questioned) trying an AFB-16 is unrealistic. Even in a quick Google search it seems as if it doesn't work with newer USB2 chipsets? Silly, much easier to just get a MIDI MuRF.
Zerocrossing Media

Mister Natural wrote:CamelSpace . . . ?
Camelspace covers a little of what MuRF does, but not all of it. Then again it does a lot that the MuRF does't. My critisism of Camelspace is that I don't particularly like the sound of Camel Audio's filters or overdrive.

BigSeq2 by Audio Damage covers a lot of MuRF's functions too but it's filters sound a lot nicer to me. Chris Randell codes a mean filter. I should pick up Filterstation. 8)
Zerocrossing Media

or Adrenalinn Sync . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:or Adrenalinn Sync . . .
I hated the sound of the filters on that one, but I did a quick search and it looks as though they re-coded them in v2 so maybe I'll take a look at it again. Thanks for the reminder.
Zerocrossing Media

Return to “Effects”