Toontrack EZmix 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm still angry about this as well. I refuse to buy any more expansions until it changes. Fact is if the price was still $29 I would have purchased the new expansion within minutes of receiving their email. It was because of this email I went to purchase the new expansion then saw the price. Ummm... no thanks rip-off merchants.

Bad form to send out an email to thank their customers for supporting EZmix2 and then screw those same people by price gouging.

It'd be more palpable at least if they did occasional sales where they dropped the price down to $25.

Shady marketing tactics? Yeah. But it's better than having them be at $50 permanently. I'd still like to get my hands on a couple of the packs.

That's just...speculation though. Optimism. Could be that they never do a sale. And that would piss me off.

I don't know if they ever will. I had always hoped there would be a 2 for 1 sale or something like that. Never happened.

If people dont buy then they have no options then to lower the price or have special deals.

I just read a thread on their own support forum and theres no opinions of the new addon. I wonder why heh no amature in there right senses would drop $60 on a few presets.

Just sit tight and dont be a foul and we'll see a deal sooner then later.

And I still won't buy them. Yep, I'm still really pissed about this. It totally goes against the entire idea behind the product. Now, they think that a two knob band aid is worth that kinda ching? Sorry. I've got what I've got and that is enough.

hibidy wrote:And I still won't buy them. Yep, I'm still really pissed about this. It totally goes against the entire idea behind the product. Now, they think that a two knob band aid is worth that kinda ching? Sorry. I've got what I've got and that is enough.
I agree this pricing is ridicolous. I am a TT customer, but I won't do that.

Multiband wrote:If people dont buy then they have no options then to lower the price or have special deals.
Maybe. Then again they could always just stop development.

When was Beatstation released? Where are the expansions for that?

I think Drumtracker was developed as far as V1.02.

Just a thought ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

+1. I am a pretty good Toontrack customer, I have SD 2, a bunch of SD 2 presets, EZ Mix 2, most of the EZX and SDX. I had bought a few EZmix packs before the price increase. At $50 each, I will never get another one.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

I was honestly thinking about getting EZMix as I had read and heard some really good reviews and results from it, but with a price tag of $50 each for expansion sets of presets they can kiss that sale goodbye. Did they also raise the price on the SD2.0 preset packs - listed at $15? I thought they used to be around $8 or $9 each but could be wrong as I never purchased them. Regardless they are still just presets for an existing product - no new technology. I'll continue with the drum products I like, but I guess I'll just mix the old fashioned way.

I can't remember the time lines but they raised everything. Yes, those presets were 9 bucks at one time, the midi packs were 19 and I'm pretty sure the ezmix packs were 19 at first (not sure about that though)

I agree about the drums, I'll continue to use those (I'm gassing to find the "roots" stuff at a better price)

So do you really need the preset packs? I am considering buying this, and wonder what the included presets are like? Any good? Would they be sufficient for your standard rock, or blues mix?
Cheers

I can only say no. It was fine when it was 69 bucks but it isn't worth 179.

so is ezmix2 worth the upgrade price? i did like the old gui more. are the stock effects like reverb really better in ezmix2?
Finally!

I bought EZMix 2. I use it on a few things as a last resort when my other plugs aren't giving me what I need them to, and it works fine. I can't see how the preset packs could really add anything new to the existing core presets. That and they are overpriced, sale or not.

The thing with EZMix is - it's simple. You've got VERY limited possibility of altering the presets.

If you load one and it sounds good, you can tweak 2 parameters to maybe make it sound better.
If you load one and it doesn't sound good, tweaking 2 parameters will probably not make it sound better.

The flexibility in EZMix is not in the controls, but in the variation of Presets you have for it. The more Presets you buy, the more options of different sounds you have, and the more flexible your possibilities will get.

So really, EZMix isn't about having something flexible to start with, but to have a sort of "player" and buy flexibility into it, Preset pack for Preset pack for Preset pack.

The flexibility depends on you, the user, buying new Preset packs. Without them, you can just about throw EZMix away. And that's the reason why Toontrack can ask anything they wish for their Preset packs.

There are two ways of approaching a "thing + expansions" scenario:
Either you charge a lot for the "thing" itself, and make the expansions cheap - or you do it the other way round like it is with Kontakt Player: the player is literally thrown after you when you purchase expensive "official 3rd party" libraries, but then it's the libraries which cost serious money.

Doing both, charging a lot for the "thing" and charging a lot for the expansions... ts, ts, shame on you, Toontrack. That's just bad manners.

I'm with the most of you, I supported their effort of getting the whole EZMix ball rolling by paying a ridiculous price for EZMix, which brings too few Presets with it to start with that it could be of any profitable use.

Now I think it's time for Toontrack to support us, the ones who supported them by buying their (on its own) useless Preset loader for a large heap of cash, by making their Preset packs affordable.

To me, more than $30 / 25€ is just out of discussion.
Unless they adapt their pricing to reality, instead of waiting for things to work out the other way, they're not gonna get one single Cent ($ or €) out of me for any EZMix Preset pack. Ever.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Return to “Effects”