VolumeShaper 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VolumeShaper

Kalamata Kid wrote:Sorry but I have not read the whole thread.
so Forgive me if this Q was asked before.

At http://www.cableguys.de/volume-shaper.html
System Requirements
Supported formats:
VST, RTAS (Pro Tools 8 and higher)
32- and 64-bit

When they say "supported" it usually means it can host VST and RTAS.
Just to make sure the VolumeShaper is a stand-alone program. Correct?

Too bad as I need a VST-fx plug-in that one can draw volume and panning parameters directly on a waveform.
No, it's an effect, not a host!

We've just released VolumeShaper 3.1.3.

The new version can now be used on mono channels too and not only on stereo tracks. Some users have written us that they would miss that possibility, so we've implemented it.

Please note: If you're using Logic, you might need to select and rescan these plugins in Logic's Audio Units Manager.

http://www.cableguys.de/

Nielzie wrote:

System Requirements
Supported formats:
32- and 64-bit

Too bad as I need a VST-fx plug-in that one can draw volume and panning parameters directly on a waveform.
Off topic:

So the VolumeShaper is a VST effect. It does not support VST, it IS a VST. Why not state "VolumeShaper is a VST effect as opposed to can host a VST effect, for the sake of clarity.

DAW's in general or any VST host can support or can host VST and VSTi. energyXT and Bidule are VST and VSTi and can host or support VST and VSTi. It is either a VST or can host a VST or can be both (with different DLL's). Correct? Do I have the language ass backwards?

"Support" is misleading to me" but apparently "supports" VST to everyone else is synonymous with it IS a VST. This seems to be the convention then that's what it is.

Cant all of this be done with the Automation Envelopes in most DAWs?

What am I missing?

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Nielzie wrote:

System Requirements
Supported formats:
32- and 64-bit

Off topic:

So the VolumeShaper is a VST effect. It does not support VST, it IS a VST. Why not state "VolumeShaper is a VST effect as opposed to can host a VST effect, for the sake of clarity.

DAW's in general or any VST host can support or can host VST and VSTi. energyXT and Bidule are VST and VSTi and can host or support VST and VSTi. It is either a VST or can host a VST or can be both (with different DLL's). Correct? Do I have the language ass backwards?

"Support" is misleading to me" but apparently "supports" VST to everyone else is synonymous with it IS a VST. This seems to be the convention then that's what it is.
You're right, it could be much clearer. I've just changed it, so for example for Windows, it now says:

2 GHz CPU
Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8
VST or RTAS host sequencer - you can use it with Ableton Live, Cubase, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, Reaper, Studio One, Sonar, Pro Tools 8, .. or any other host sequencer that supports VST or RTAS
32- or 64-bit

vata44 wrote:Cant all of this be done with the Automation Envelopes in most DAWs?

What am I missing?
Theoretically, yes.

VolumeShaper's drawing (via splines) is more flexible than that of any DAW; you can get better curves, for example if you "simulate" sidechain compression or do detailed drum loop editing. You can also raise its LFO to audible frequencies for bit-crushing effects. And it avoids the hazzle of copying and maintaining your modulation that you might have drawn in your DAW's automation envelopes a hundred times. We believe that VolumeShaper streamlines the process and gives you better results faster.

There's a fully-functional demo, so you can check for yourself if it fits your needs.

vata44 wrote:Cant all of this be done with the Automation Envelopes in most DAWs?

What am I missing?
You're missing usability. VolumeShaper is much easier to use for plenty of tasks.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Does this with automation is a nightmare in my experience. Plus it didn't actually work properly in Studio One at least.

I've recently starting using this plug-in again instead of the vengeance one, it just loads quicker and is very fast and easy to dial in.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Hello,

If this can be done in VolumeShaper
go to minute 6:20. It would be Grrrrrreat. :D :D :D
To freely draw the volume envelope. Ok, this is my official feature request.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMNx46M ... age#t=384s

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Nielzie wrote:

System Requirements
Supported formats:
32- and 64-bit

Off topic:

You're right, it could be much clearer. I've just changed it, so for example for Windows, it now says:

2 GHz CPU
VST or RTAS host sequencer - you can use it with Ableton Live, Cubase, Digital Performer, Fruity Loops, Reaper, Studio One, Sonar, Pro Tools 8, .. or any other host sequencer that supports VST or RTAS
32- or 64-bit
near the top:

VolumeShaper 3
VolumeShaper is a VST and RTAS plugin for shaping ...

System Requirements
Windows:
2 GHz CPU
32- or 64-bit
VST or RTAS host
If you want you can add the names of some of the hosts that the VolumeShaper has been known to function properly. My two cents.

All else is very well organized and explained.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Hello,

If this can be done in VolumeShaper
go to minute 6:20. It would be Grrrrrreat. :D :D :D
To freely draw the volume envelope. Ok, this is my official feature request.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMNx46M ... age#t=384s
Drawing via splines is muuuuuuch nicer. You'll love it if you work with VolumeShaper for a while. Plus the curves from your example are pretty easy to achieve via splines and will be much smoother.

Besides that, thanks for the feedback on System Requirements! I've added examples of host sequencers (mouse over the underlined "host sequencers" at the bottom of the page..).

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Besides that, thanks for the feedback on System Requirements! I've added examples of host sequencers (mouse over the underlined "host sequencers" at the bottom of the page..).
never thought about to place my mouse above this text but thanks for the hint. :hihi:

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:I've added examples of host sequencers (mouse over the underlined "host sequencers" at the bottom of the page..).
"VST or RTAS host sequencer" is pretty much nonsense. Because there are hosts that can be used as VST (for example EnergyXT). But required is a "host with the capability of loading VST or RTAS"! :wink:

Anyway, thanks for the update...

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Drawing via splines is muuuuuuch nicer. You'll love it if you work with VolumeShaper for a while. Plus the curves from your example are pretty easy to achieve via splines and will be much smoother.
Using the splines in VolumeShaper is nice and smooth. I could not however achieve something close to what is shown at minute 6:20. www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMNx46MGmo&feature=player_de tailpage#t=384s which can freely draw the volume envelope on a sample. Where might I find more info on this matter?

I was also unable to get the complete 20 second sample to fit on the VolumeShaper. It is likely I am using it for other function than it was intended.

Kalamata Kid wrote:I was also unable to get the complete 20 second sample to fit on the VolumeShaper. It is likely I am using it for other function than it was intended.
Volume shaper is fantastic but I would like to see 2 things added to increase its functionality:

1. A user defined cycle length in absolute time (up to 1 minute, with decimals) and in completely user definable sync values ( (1 to 128) / (128, 64, 32, 16, 8, 2, 1, plus triplet values) ). That should cover more situations, including the one above.

2. MIDI CCs assignable to all useful values like Mix, Time, etc...

Keep on shaping! ;)

Return to “Effects”