VolumeShaper 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VolumeShaper

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
dayjob wrote:sent cableguys an email..

no matter what i do i can't get the AU component to show up and i get some bogus error when dragging it into the component folder.

OSX 10.7.3

anyone have any problems w/the component?

VST versions installs fine of course. friggin AUs.
Sorry to hear about your trouble. It works fine over here, but of course we'd be interested to know if anyone else has issues as well. Steffen - our Mac expert - will look into this.
the plug in shows up in the component folder but not in the AU eval for logic and not in the AU folder in live or numerology or audiomulch.

all the hosts ignore it.

I installed and tested the AU version of VolumeShaper3 just now:
no issues for me, it all worked correctly (plus, the AU version seems to work faster than the VST)
OSX 10.6.8
Ableton Live 8.2.8

@dayjob, I had a similar problem some time ago and it had to do with the read/write permission of the AU/VST file.
You could try this: select the VolumeShaper3.component file, press cmd+i, check at the bottom of the window that will pop up that you have the rights to read/write that file (and if not, modify them). That solved the problem for me.
Hope it helps.

Cableguys, once again you distinguish yourself by your generosity, thank you for the free upgrade to VolumeShaper v3. It looks great, with black background... the plug-in was never ugly, but the earlier GUI was a bit difficult on my eyes sometimes LOL.

The oscilloscope is freaky, I'm not one which makes a big deal about eye-candy anyway. 8)

I'd like to use the 64-bit edition, if I could get another host besides Plogue Bidule to run it in... (impatiently waiting for RENOISE v2.8 to go gold already ROFL)

ominopasticcione wrote:I installed and tested the AU version of VolumeShaper3 just now:
no issues for me, it all worked correctly (plus, the AU version seems to work faster than the VST)
OSX 10.6.8
Ableton Live 8.2.8

@dayjob, I had a similar problem some time ago and it had to do with the read/write permission of the AU/VST file.
You could try this: select the VolumeShaper3.component file, press cmd+i, check at the bottom of the window that will pop up that you have the rights to read/write that file (and if not, modify them). That solved the problem for me.
Hope it helps.
that was the first thing i checked in all the folders in the tree. all permissions are correct. it's a weird problem i'm having. hopefully i can find the magic fix here soon. i'm stumped.

Will Filtershaper v2 be updated soon with similar features (e.g. LFO Midi trigger) to v3? ;)
Cowbells!

@dayjob, I see. I really couldn't figure it out any other way. What kind of error does it bring when you drag the AU file to the componenet folder?

ominopasticcione wrote:@dayjob, I see. I really couldn't figure it out any other way. What kind of error does it bring when you drag the AU file to the componenet folder?
It seems the issue came from VolumeShaper 2 being installed at the same time as VolumeShaper 3 (@dayjob: correct me if I am wrong).

We recommend to simply remove VS 2.

VolumeShaper 3 can load all songs made with VolumeShaper 2. To make this happen it uses the same plugin ID as VolumeShaper 2. All host sequencers recognize plugins based on their plugin ID. Great host sequencers also consider the file names. You can only run VolumeShaper 2 and 3 in parallel with the latter.

But as VolumeShaper 3 can open all songs and presets made with VolumeShaper 2, there's no need to keep version 2 (only if you like the old layout). Note that we've dropped the interpolation parameter with version 3 (before you could choose between "no interpolation", "linear interpolation" and "cubic interpolation"; now it's always cubic interpolation).

dalor wrote:Will Filtershaper v2 be updated soon with similar features (e.g. LFO Midi trigger) to v3? ;)
It's very likely that FilterShaper 3 will get an oscilloscope as well as MIDI triggering. There's no scheduled release date yet, though, as we are fully concentrating on Curve 2development at the moment.

Great job on VolumeShaper! I plan on adding it to my arsenal soon. One thing that could be added is fine adjustment to the x/y points on the graph. I found the points to skip about 16 or so values in time, which was okay but even finer adjustment would be appreciated. Another cool thing would be the grid adjustable by some user-defined division.

The oscilloscope is AWESOME. Man I wish more plugins did that. :D

Could someone explain how to midi trigger the other envelopes? So far I only have Envelope 1 working.

edit: Had to change the dropdown box from wave 1 to wave 2.

ominopasticcione wrote:.. the AU version seems to work faster than the VST
OSX 10.6.8
Ableton Live 8.2.8
How is this possible? I have the same specs, and never work with AU, only vst, which would mean i'll get a slower plugin.

Also, i'm wondering what is Volumeshaper 3's latency?

zeep wrote:
ominopasticcione wrote:.. the AU version seems to work faster than the VST
OSX 10.6.8
Ableton Live 8.2.8
How is this possible? I have the same specs, and never work with AU, only vst, which would mean i'll get a slower plugin.

Also, i'm wondering what is Volumeshaper 3's latency?
There should not be any difference between VST and AU (having said that.. the waveform update rate depends on the size of your audio buffer, so if you AU audio buffer is smaller than your VST one, the AU version might seem more responsive, or vice versa).

Well, I guess I didn't put it the right way:
What I actually ment to say when I poorly used the word "faster" for AU with respect to VST version of VolumeShaper3 was that the GUI of the AU version, as for me, seems to be a little bit quicker in visualizing the modifications applied to the waveshapes (e.g. when pressing the buttons Y or X inversion buttons..), that's it.
After you put forward the question concerning audio latency I was curious about that, so I tested both the AU and VST version applied on the same audio signal in parallel bus tracks and recorded the results: I couldn't tell the difference between the two, even zooming deeply into the tracks' visualizations. [/img]

I see. Thanks for explaining it in detail.

Out of interest, what is the overall latency anyway?

zeep wrote:I see. Thanks for explaining it in detail.

Out of interest, what is the overall latency anyway?
When changing a point in the waveform, it needs 3 times the audio buffers size to compute the new waveform (we've split computation across 3 audio buffer processings to keep CPU consumption low).

For the audio processing, VolumeShaper adds no latency at all.

Return to “Effects”