MAutoVolume released with a riddiculous introductory price!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Programentalist wrote:Couldn't help myself, bought it. Been looking at Waves Bass Rider and Vocal Rider but they felt way too expensive for what they were. At this price anything similar is a steal!

To be honest, even the regular price is very competitive :)
Thank you ! :love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Bagged this.
no sig

just to ask ( because i don't know ) there is a diference between this plug and the wave plugin?

hivkorn wrote:just to ask ( because i don't know ) there is a diference between this plug and the wave plugin?
?? Of course, there's quite a few differences. But that's up to you to decide, which you like more ;). MAutoVolume is generally more capable, people say it sounds better, and can probably do what both VocalRider and BassRider do.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

i believe you but what does it have that VocalRider don't have ? do you add function that are not on VocalRider?...

hivkorn wrote:i believe you but what does it have that VocalRider don't have ? do you add function that are not on VocalRider?...
Plenty... look-ahead, M/S, upsampling... Just please check

http://meldaproduction.com/mautovolume/
Vojtech

And here I thought "man this is a good deal and versatile", but it turns out that I can't to pretty much jack with it other than "subtle" changes (yes I'm late in the testing game).

I took it to an extreme test with volume jumps of about 16dB, and MAudioGain can't handle it. It can handle "movements" over a certain time with contant volume (within a 3-6dB hotspot range), and it does sound smoother than a single compressor for sure, but this is not what I actually thought this might be.

This is what I thought I could do:
http://youtu.be/E9-AvymuKuM

Turns out I got better(!!!) results with MCompressor rather than MAutoVolume.

Of course, if you need a gain riding plugin - all fine. But I think I simply build myself an expander/compressor system in eXT with two MComps than getting this. The only thing I lack however is a range control.

Maybe I'm just too oldschool in terms of mixing and not into that "in your face" thing. Time's over for me to get it for 20 bucks anyway - unless Vojtech can convince me other way with massive enhancements and more control.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Well, it depends on what are you doing with it. It is designed for single tracks, not whole mixes or something. You can probably do similar thing using a few compressors/expanders, but it's gonna be a long-term action :), and the purpose of this is exactly to make this common task as quick as possible - just put it into a vocal track and maybe tweak something. But it's definitely not a typical "Melda-ultra-versatile" thingy :).

So no more parameters etc., unless it would be very smart :). I personally tested it on a very bad vocal fluctuations and it handled it very well with a range of about 24dB. So maybe if you have some audio it didn't handle well, just send me it, so I can check.

Anyway folks, last few hours! 8)
Vojtech

Unfortunately I don't, so I can't test. I would have shelled out the funds, but why not simply release a gate/expander (that is capable of upward expansion!) plugin for the free pack to complement the compressor. You still get your funds with the upgrade to "pro" (and therefore drop the nag screens, have window resizing, etc).

I still think it needs the be part of a bundle like this.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Well, unfortunately, our main "dynamics" product is MDynamics, which can do everything including gating (in active preset basis - so easy-to-use), so releasing a dedicated gate would first be a little useless work and also a little contradictory with marketing.
Vojtech

Not really IMO, but it's your game. I'm fine either way.

Seriously considering buying this. Was the 20 EUR price mentioned at the beginning of this thread a KVR special or an introductory offer - which is now discontinued?

I picked this up in a hot second. However, I will admit I'm an idiot, an amateur, and I have very little experience in what settings will do precisely what. This is not made any less frustrating by the fact that there is an entire preset system, but no actual factory presets come with it. I've read the manual, and tried playing with several of the settings, but I'm kinda shooting in the dark. I'm not even quite sure what I'm supposed to be hearing. I thought it would be a relatively straightforward set-this-to-keep-from-clipping type deal. It's obviously not, and it's obviously really powerful, but I have no idea how to properly use the dang thing.

Any chance of somebody helping a dumb brother out here?
Tom Smith
http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com - http://www.filkertom.com - http://www.thefump.com
Win10/64 - I5 3570K - 16 GB RAM - BIAB 2016 - Reaper 5 - Sound Forge Pro 9

Carsten Nielsen wrote:Seriously considering buying this. Was the 20 EUR price mentioned at the beginning of this thread a KVR special or an introductory offer - which is now discontinued?
Intro price - Meldaproduction releases one or more beta versions then offers the introductory price for a few weeks after the formal release. it keeps us on our toes. :)

This might help:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=344234
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

filkertom wrote:I picked this up in a hot second. However, I will admit I'm an idiot, an amateur, and I have very little experience in what settings will do precisely what. This is not made any less frustrating by the fact that there is an entire preset system, but no actual factory presets come with it. I've read the manual, and tried playing with several of the settings, but I'm kinda shooting in the dark. I'm not even quite sure what I'm supposed to be hearing. I thought it would be a relatively straightforward set-this-to-keep-from-clipping type deal. It's obviously not, and it's obviously really powerful, but I have no idea how to properly use the dang thing.

Any chance of somebody helping a dumb brother out here?
What are you having trouble with? In most cases you don't need to do anything, maybe set the input and output gain and that's all... This is exactly the type of tool you just add to a track.
Vojtech

Return to “Effects”