Variety Of Sound Thrillseeker: Bootsy and Patrick's new beast

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DELETED

Looks beautiful. I'm sure it'll be great as usual.

:love: Lovely! My 1st impression was that it looks like some waves plugins (except the meter). I can't wait to try it out! :D

Wooahh, this is fascinating. A new, very neutral compressor, and a useful saturator.

compressor:
Lots of compressor implementations still fall short, for example regarding the insufficient handling of IM distortion, and that was itching me for quite some time.
saturator:
If a digital compressor design is also dealing with non-linear affairs the things are getting even worse and not seldom not only aliasing is introduced but also the stereo image remains flat and boring. This is where the stateful handling of non-linear systems chimes in to bring sexy back and this is performing first with ThrillseekerLA.
I think there's always a strong need for this. At least at mastering it's always a fight between a necessary compression and a degration of the stereo-sound ... I am very curious what "ThrillseekerLA" will bring ... ha, Bootsie :love:!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Yep looking forward to trying this one out aswell!

Also this is just the start of Herbert's "Stateful Saturation" mission. I am willing to be it will be one of my goto Compressors. Patrick has done another fine job and love the open panel section...I reckon that is where all the sexy is gonna be at :love:

Best to all

Dean

I would pay or donate to have some of bootsy's plug in native 64 bit. Yeah, I can, and do bridge them, but it's a hassle.
No, that wasn't me.

I fell in love with this one. :love:
yzcoruhT

:hyper:
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

bullshark wrote:I would pay or donate to have some of bootsy's plug in native 64 bit. Yeah, I can, and do bridge them, but it's a hassle.
Yeah +1.

I can't really complain though having plugins of this quality for free!!

Really looking forward to this :tu:
I couldn't live without BaxterEQ, NastyVCS, NastyDLA and TesslaPro anymore so I assume this will be great too :tu:

Cheers
Dennis

What is a "Stateful" compressor? "Solid state"?

bullshark wrote:I would pay or donate to have some of bootsy's plug in native 64 bit. Yeah, I can, and do bridge them, but it's a hassle.
Me three, or is it four

Baxter EQ has been a go to plugin for my master/finalizing since he released that. My mixes/masters are not complete any more without it. It does something magical, even just using any one of the presets and not tweaking. Awesome for rock/metal and probably pretty much anything else. It's like "Now that is THE sound". It takes the blanket off the guitars, and now they are THERE. It could almost be the elusive soundgooderizer plugin. Density MKII is also used in conjunction. Can't wait for this one.

Pity for the mac only people. Macs cannot haz :hihi:

I've done some reading on the site about the distortion and it sounds interesting so definitely going to give it a look. :)

They could do with dialling back the noise on the gui though.

Return to “Effects”