Fielding DSP "reviver" saturation plug is now 64 bits and only $29! Seriously! (MAC AU ONLY)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I seem to recall the harmonic generation being linear, rather than a threshold-based or non-linear curve type saturation. I'd guess there's also some up-sampling going on to minimize aliasing. They say it's alias-free. I remember it sounding nice on tracks, buses, mastering, etc. and versatile enough to find good settings for those purposes. It can go from subtle "something's missing" when you bypass to more obvious, but not really over the top as I recall.

fceramic wrote:Really amazing plugin! Love to use it to subtly boost levels. I also like how light it is, no noticeable CPU hit on my system.
Yeah it can't really go over the top as antithesist just said.

And it's zero latency so i wonder if it's possible to be upsampling then?

Also very very light cpu.

you can use it on every track really.

I am really fond of this one.

gave it a spin.

i think i've been in the market for a more obvious saturation, but, as subtle as this plugin is, it gave the tracks i tried it on something special that made me decide in its favor. i'm usually not experienced enough to spot subtle differences like these, but this plugin just made everything plain better. :love:

it's not some plugin-placebo effect (that i'd think it would make things sounding better because of the hype) for me either because i honestly wasn't expecting to buy this when i realized the saturation's subtleness. but when i pressed that "bypass" button, the 'vibe' was gone. i want it back. :hihi:

so i guess you will buy it :hihi: and get "the vibe back" :love:

Hey if you want a companion cheap plugin to add something more obvious, i suggest magnetic by nomad factory,

or presence and roundtone from sknote :)

ttoz wrote:so i guess you will buy it :hihi: and get "the vibe back" :love:

Hey if you want a companion cheap plugin to add something more obvious, i suggest magnetic by nomad factory,

or presence and roundtone from sknote :)
i think i will. :) i'll test it some more, but the initial tests definitely felt positive! and 30 quid really isn't that much either, considering the plugin used to cost $199.

thanks for the suggestions! i've actually been eyeballing those sknote plugins, but i've held off because i'm waiting sknote to release Grasso which is also a saturation plugin. it looks like it'll resemble VintageWarmer more than conventional saturators, but i want to hear it before making a decision :) probably end up buying either that or those two.

it's 30 bux! like 20 quids :)

I was very interested of the Reviver even when it was full price.
I emailed fielding DSP about a year ago and asked them if they are ever going to release a windows version of Reviver.
They told me that it's their plan to do so. Now that this plugin has become so affordable, I really hope that they have not changed their plans about the windows versions.
I bet that I can't be the only windows user who want's to buy this plugin ;)

i dont know if it's a bug or a "trick" to "hide" the aliasing, but there is insane amounts of DC created with the second order harmonic...
(using in Logic...)

that's fine, it still sounds good. Use a high pass filter, dc gone :)

hey, the DC has nothing to do with aliasing (or getting rid of it :) ). a couple of years ago there we had a question about second order harmonics over at another forum (http://www.gearslutz.com/board/2280273-post41.html), the graph there illustrates the issue quite well. for now, a (good) high pass is probably the best solution to get rid of the DC...

^ ah, ok, thanks for the explanation...easy enough to deal with...
this is a very nice little plug-in... :)

this deserves a bump :)

imo this plugin works on almost anything. i don't really like using the word "warm" in terms of sound, but when you're using this on a track, and bypass the plugin, it definitely leaves the track feeling "colder" without it!

yeah i expected more talk about it especially at this price! I very much nearly bought it for $199!

I'm in after my CC rolls over.

I'd imagine there'd be more talk if it were available for other than AU.

Hi, just a brief note to those who still follow this thread: We have updated Reviver to v1.1.1 to address a couple of minor issues. Get it at http://download.fieldingdsp.com/Reviver.dmg

Return to “Effects”