Why do you like/dislike izotope alloy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I gotta know!
Last edited by hibidy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't like the price for what it is...and that is a set of mastering tools for peeps like me who otherwise wouldn't be poking their hands in the drawers where the sharp knives are kept without proper supervision. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Very surprising response. Especially since it's supposed to be mixing. Sure you are not talking about ozone? (which I have and love :P )

I'll qualify. Recent events have pushed this as a possibility for me. I like the all on one. I don't usually concern myself with transients or exciting but love the idea of comp/eq being in one area (and it's a lovely eq btw)

Am I on crack? Should I be so interested? Inquiring minds want to know!

The only thing I don't like about it is that it hasn't been updated to 64-bit yet. I have large orchestral templates which pretty much means 64-bit is a must for me and I dislike dealing with bit-bridges.

Ok, are you talking mac? It's x64 in windoze

Oh Alloy...why didn't you put that in the title then, where any idiot could see it? Oh, wait...you did. :oops: Sorry.

In that case ignore me. Other than to say for mixing, I'm all about mixing with as many separate and different pointy tools as me and my DAW can handle. All-in-one can often remove the possibility for happy accidents. Without those unexpected interactions, I'd likely have to focus on the music and arrangement and you know how problematic that can be. :D

lmao!

I own Alloy—it's a really good plugin, and high quality. It's one that I do reach for from time to time. It's not as light on the CPU as EZ Mix, for example. The presets are categorized and named much like they are in Ozone, like "tighter bass, less mud" etc., and there are a lot of them if you start with presets.

The only thing I could say, which isn't a big negative, is that the GUI window hogs the focus so when I go back to the DAW I always have to click in the DAW window again.

I bought it when it was introduced and got a really good deal because of being a current customer of their other products. If I were buying it at the regular price today, I probably would pass because I have enough other stuff. But the all-in-one is quite nice.

FWIW, I had bought EZMix 1 when it came out. I think I opened it once. Alloy does get used quite a bit. It is deep yet easy to dial in what you want. With the talk about EZMix 2, I debated on that one since I never used version 1. But audio deluxe had the upgrade at a great price, so I bought that recently. I think it sounds richer too than version 1, and it's much nicer. The only thing is you don't really have the control with it as you do Alloy.

And yes, the EQ is lovely.

Some more reading, particularly comments by Pete Moshay:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/product- ... alloy.html

i quite like it myself ?
http://www.kineticsoundprism.com

Esotronic impulse collections for space designers

I use one (or even two) instances of Alloy, on almost every track of my mixes.

Wish they'd update it though.. and give it a nice visual makeover (like Ozone 5), and maybe a few more features.

Yeah, seems easy enough. Hate the presets btw, but dialing in my own settings seems a breeze.

I like it a lot. I never use the presets on any plugins like this. It's super easy to get the settings I want. I'll usually only have a few modules active on a track.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

No red flags yet here, unless someone is holding back :help:

Appreciate all the feedback so far :)

I'm holding back, only because I tripped over the red flag, fell down the stairs, bumped my head and can't remember the topic name. Again. Have you tried Melda's MAutoDynamicEq? Similar concept, whatever it is, to Alloy. Not that I'd know. :hihi:

hibidy wrote:Ok, are you talking mac? It's x64 in windoze
Yes, sorry, I'm on a Mac (but not for long, muhaha).

Return to “Effects”