Xenakios HourGlass 1.4.5 granular processor (OS-X too), grab it while it lasts!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HourGlass

Thank you once again. That envelope extraction tool is killer!

Thank you, Xenakios.

Thank you, as always.

cron wrote:Thank you, as always.
+1

As always, I won't have enough time to experiment with it... :cry:

OMB (Oh my bed), it's already 4:15 a. m... :o

Bump that might be of interest to OS-X users...

http://xenakios.wordpress.com/2014/08/0 ... 5-for-osx/

No news yet regarding new versions...But bumping this anyway in case someone has missed trying HourGlass on either Windows or OS-X.

:tu:

And a bump from me for this outstanding processor.

Have you perhaps considered adding 'granular processor' or similar to the thread title? Might tempt a few more people into the thread. :)

cron wrote: Have you perhaps considered adding 'granular processor' or similar to the thread title? Might tempt a few more people into the thread. :)
Thanks, I edited the thread title. I guess "Hourglass" doesn't really tell much.

Just discovered HourGlass. Seriously good stuff, thank you for all the hard work. I'm having loads of fun with it, now I just need to figure out half of what it can do... :)

cavegirl wrote:Just discovered HourGlass. Seriously good stuff, thank you for all the hard work. I'm having loads of fun with it, now I just need to figure out half of what it can do... :)
It makes everything sound like a spaceship! :P

What is going on with HG? Hope all is well :)

abstractcats wrote:What is going on with HG? Hope all is well :)
Development of the V1.x series has effectively ended unfortunately...I am still thinking how I will proceed. There is an initial plan to drop using the Qt framework and switch to Juce. (Juce is the C++ library used by Tracktion and various known plugin developers.) This would involve rewriting probably 90% of the code. However the main benefit would be that a plugin version would finally be possible. There are various licensing issues which I have not yet thought out fully...I wonder if there'd be enough interest in a rewritten HourGlass 2 so that a Kickstarter project or such could be succesfully set up for me to obtain the Juce commercial license...? :)

Xenakios wrote:
abstractcats wrote:What is going on with HG? Hope all is well :)
Development of the V1.x series has effectively ended unfortunately...I am still thinking how I will proceed. There is an initial plan to drop using the Qt framework and switch to Juce. (Juce is the C++ library used by Tracktion and various known plugin developers.) This would involve rewriting probably 90% of the code. However the main benefit would be that a plugin version would finally be possible. There are various licensing issues which I have not yet thought out fully...I wonder if there'd be enough interest in a rewritten HourGlass 2 so that a Kickstarter project or such could be succesfully done for me to obtain the Juce commercial license...? :)

Return to “Effects”