Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Jonathan Shepherd
KVRist
 
309 posts since 28 Jan, 2003

Postby Jonathan Shepherd; Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:09 am

If you like granular synthesis, get this beast! I've been a fan of this form of synthesis for a while (remember Granulab?) and this is another jewel in the collection. Runs very stable so far, though I haven't tried VST yet. Thank you so much.
Xenakios
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 9 Sep, 2005, from Oulu, Finland

Postby Xenakios; Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:31 am

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29433 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:32 am

Is this just for Windows?
Xenakios
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 9 Sep, 2005, from Oulu, Finland

Postby Xenakios; Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:39 am

aMUSEd wrote:Is this just for Windows?


Yes, that's the situation now. (The "good news" however is that the codebase itself doesn't depend much on Windows, so if/when I ever will be able to run OS-X, I can build it for OS-X without too much effort. Apple unfortunately doesn't make it too easy (ie cheap enough) to build software for OS-X for developers who have limited resources at their disposal... :? )
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29433 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:41 am

Xenakios wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Is this just for Windows?


Yes, that's the situation now. (The "good news" however is that the codebase itself doesn't depend much on Windows, so if/when I ever will be able to run OS-X, I can build it for OS-X without too much effort. Apple unfortunately doesn't make it too easy (ie cheap enough) to build software for OS-X for developers who have limited resources at their disposal... :? )


Don't they? I thought X-Code was free
Xenakios
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 9 Sep, 2005, from Oulu, Finland

Postby Xenakios; Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:14 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Xenakios wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Is this just for Windows?


Yes, that's the situation now. (The "good news" however is that the codebase itself doesn't depend much on Windows, so if/when I ever will be able to run OS-X, I can build it for OS-X without too much effort. Apple unfortunately doesn't make it too easy (ie cheap enough) to build software for OS-X for developers who have limited resources at their disposal... :? )


Don't they? I thought X-Code was free


X-Code only works on OS-X...And OS-X only works on Macintosh computers. (Or well...There's the "other" option for that but unfortunately even that isn't available to me.)
Xenakios
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 9 Sep, 2005, from Oulu, Finland

Postby Xenakios; Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:08 am

Xenakios
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 9 Sep, 2005, from Oulu, Finland

Postby Xenakios; Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:21 pm

User avatar
Architeuthis
KVRAF
 
2921 posts since 27 Jan, 2006, from Phoenix, AZ

Postby Architeuthis; Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Does this have any similarities to Paulstretch in terms of sound or technique or ability?
User avatar
abstractcats
KVRAF
 
3493 posts since 19 Aug, 2008, from USA-lien In the 8th Dimention

Postby abstractcats; Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Architeuthis wrote:Does this have any similarities to Paulstretch in terms of sound or technique or ability?



Kind of, if you set it to Play Forward and then set the speed to the slowest setting and Fragment length to 1000 it gives the sample a "stretched" effect...kinda'
Xenakios
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 9 Sep, 2005, from Oulu, Finland

Postby Xenakios; Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:49 am

Architeuthis wrote:Does this have any similarities to Paulstretch in terms of sound or technique or ability?


Paul's stretcher works in the spectral domain, HourGlass works in the time domain, so the basic processing technique is very different.
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
 
7748 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:10 am

HourGlass crashes immediately for me since the last versions including this one.
I noticed at Rekkerd.org it states Visual Studio runtime 2010 needs to be installed or something.
Is this the case?

Windows 7 32bit Home Premium
i7, Gigibit motherboard, 4Gb RAM
Creamware Pulsar soundcard

cheers
Matt
Xenakios
KVRian
 
1122 posts since 9 Sep, 2005, from Oulu, Finland

Postby Xenakios; Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:55 am

VariKusBrainZ wrote:HourGlass crashes immediately for me since the last versions including this one.
I noticed at Rekkerd.org it states Visual Studio runtime 2010 needs to be installed or something.
Is this the case?

Windows 7 32bit Home Premium
i7, Gigibit motherboard, 4Gb RAM
Creamware Pulsar soundcard

cheers
Matt


There's no need to install the Visual Studio runtime anymore. (The needed dlls are now in the .zip package.)

The crashes at start usually are because the settings ini-file is corrupted somehow (which is quite hard for me to debug but I guess I will have to do something about it) or PortAudio can't handle ASIO or Wasapi on your system.

The main ini-file is located somewhere like :

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Xenakios\HourGlass.ini

Try deleting that.

Alternative build of the PortAudio dll is in the PortAudio_NoAsioNoWasapi folder, try copying that over the portaudio dll that is in the HourGlass.exe directory.
cron
KVRAF
 
2982 posts since 27 Dec, 2002, from North East England

Postby cron; Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:05 am

This is great. Very useful. Thanks for your efforts!
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
 
7748 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:10 am

Xenakios wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:HourGlass crashes immediately for me since the last versions including this one.
I noticed at Rekkerd.org it states Visual Studio runtime 2010 needs to be installed or something.
Is this the case?

Windows 7 32bit Home Premium
i7, Gigibit motherboard, 4Gb RAM
Creamware Pulsar soundcard

cheers
Matt


There's no need to install the Visual Studio runtime anymore. (The needed dlls are now in the .zip package.)

The crashes at start usually are because the settings ini-file is corrupted somehow (which is quite hard for me to debug but I guess I will have to do something about it) or PortAudio can't handle ASIO or Wasapi on your system.

The main ini-file is located somewhere like :

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Xenakios\HourGlass.ini

Try deleting that.

Alternative build of the PortAudio dll is in the PortAudio_NoAsioNoWasapi folder, try copying that over the portaudio dll that is in the HourGlass.exe directory.


Thanks for the fast reply :D
Could be an older .ini file is still in there, Ill check later
So the default install doesnt require me to move any files anywhere?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects