Waves 64bit bargains

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiyn wrote:But what if someone's sony stereo has maxxbass in the bass boost and your tune is already maxxbassed, does it create problems?
Maxx Bass is badly named really - it adds upper harmonics to bass to cut through more in a mix. So it's not Maxx Bass in the sense of a cheap hifi.

Lo Air, on the other hand, is a subharmonic generator, so DOES add more bass. Yeah, I got caught out by that price increase - it was plugin of the month so I thought "great, no rush" - but then it went up half way through the month! Grrr. Waves owe us for a really good deal on that one again soon!
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
Aiyn wrote:But what if someone's sony stereo has maxxbass in the bass boost and your tune is already maxxbassed, does it create problems?
Maxx Bass is badly named really - it adds upper harmonics to bass to cut through more in a mix. So it's not Maxx Bass in the sense of a cheap hifi.

Lo Air, on the other hand, is a subharmonic generator, so DOES add more bass. Yeah, I got caught out by that price increase - it was plugin of the month so I thought "great, no rush" - but then it went up half way through the month! Grrr. Waves owe us for a really good deal on that one again soon!
Their video says their Maxxbass technology is used in a number of products by Sony and the like. Thats why I wondered what would happen if it was already Maxxed and then further maxxed.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

That's silly. It would be mo'maxx bass then :shrug:

I can't figure out how to demo Maxxbass though. I've got just about every demo available on the go because I am trying their compressors but it doesn't show up. They sent me an email when I began my mercury demo! I expect they will reply soon.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

hibidy wrote:That's silly. It would be mo'maxx bass then :shrug:
Indeed, Evenmo'Maxxbass. Thats bassy.
Aiynzahev-sounds

You bellends. I'm not a bloody street rep! :lol:

Was legitimately wondering what were considered the go to plugins. I've never really used Waves stuff. But I just did an oops and ordered some more guitar gear! :oops:

Think I'll have to pass on some new plugins.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

aldrichgo4 wrote:
heffus wrote:Is this sale some kind of April 1st thing? "If we raise some prices and still call it a sale, maybe no one will notice."
Each month (and lately each mid-month) Waves selects a few products to put on a good sale. They also quite often raise a few prices from previous lows to slightly higher prices. I think the trick is to look out for what you want and jump on it when it gets below 50% off. That seems to be a good point to buy.

Starting 1 Apr, compared to previous months, the best bargains right now are Horizon native (not an upgrade, but the whole bundle) is lower than it has ever been. Others that seem to be lower than normal are Restoration, IR360, Dorrough Surround, Center, C4, W43, and UM225/UM 226. There are several other prices that are good, but have been lower before.

The upgrade prices still seem to be pretty good too, except for Horizon (as mentioned before). These are all Native prices. For some reason all TDM products have been set to MSRP (ie: no sale at all).
not meaning to be picky, but wasn't horizon cheaper at Xmas, like when every single thing was 50 or more % off?

$1500 still alot of money...

personally what i would use out of that is center, the three H plugins, maxx volume, maxx bass, puigtec (best high end of any pultec emu on any platform, surprisingly!), and HLS and Kramer tape. That's it.

I'd love to buy those separately but it would almost run me the same money.

Waves really are not cheap you know.. that new WLM is $300, wow...

maxx volume, $300, WOW.

their prices are still insane as ever.

If they ever put maxx volume on a $64 no brainer, i'd buy it, as well as z -noise and those listed above.

Their bundles are filled with *so* much fluff and crap that has been surpassed by plugins 10 times cheaper and newer, except for a few exceptions, that they make so much harder to get cause they are so expensive.

I mean C1? L1? L3? L2? everything renaissance besides vox and bass, Q10 crap, crap crap.

i could go on.

Another classic example is vocal rider which really can *not* ride a vocal at all.

I've got a test file from diverse plugins website (the creators of the first rider plugin EVER called vocsteady) and vocsteady is ten times better than vocal and bass rider combine, seriously, and old synthedit tech too!

and the new melda one is just perfect, and it is a qaurter of the price.

You should see my test project where i spent so much time with vocal rider and it just doesn't work! hilarious lol.

What do they do that is irreplaceable? stuff like maxxvolume, and maxx bass. Maxx volume is amazing. It is years older than vocal rider and does a 10 times better job, seriously, as well as making upward compression easy as can be.

OK so maxx bass is finally an ok price. I'l grab that. And center. But if i grab maxx volume and H COMP as well i might as well get platinum...all i want is 5 or 6 plugins from their entire line and it becomes 30 plug in bundle price.. So infuriating I don't even WANT that other stuff on my machine, it's a huge list that i would never use and can't disable, 100 components to waft through to find a few i'd use.! They need to get a grip on reality and make EVERY plugin $64 or allow custom bundles for 200 bux or something.

Cool, I've never been called a penis head before. I guess I'm just suspicious of this whole WSR thing. Even though, I have to admit, I don't know all that much about it, or want to, for that matter. I do imagine a legion gold-toothed spies trying sell plug-ins to their peers upon the threat of turning them in for using cracks. Kind of a Kafkaesque Amway, if you will.

I'm with ttoz about the plug-ins. There's some good stuff there, but maybe just a few that can't be bettered elsewhere. Regarding the prices, they're obviously pushing them back up, albeit slowly. Waves did their monthly special bundle thing for years, culminating with major discounts at the end of the year. Then they raised their prices on top of that. Also, remember the effect of VVX or whatever it was.

Anyway, AM had audiotrack as a no-brainer for 15 USD, a little over a year ago. Then Waves started selling selected items cheap for all of last year into this one. I have a small fortune in Waves' early products including their first: the late Michael Gerzon's Q10 for Sound Designer. I went from there to the first Gold Bundle for Nubus TDM. This is all before there was such a thing as native. For various reasons, I got off the upgrade path on all that.

I've been happily using non-Waves for many years, but jumped back in for the audiotrack AM NB, then trueverb, renaxx and loair. I have just under 40 in the four plug-ins thanks to AM's new website discount they had and an order screw up. I actually got renaxx and loair for 4 bucks each. With consideration, I passed on a lot of the other 14 and 19 dollar plugs. I just wupped audiotrack, so I'm in for a little over 50 now.

With the exception of loair, it's mostly a nostalgia thing for me. I'm pretty much done with that now. Although, I'd still like to get the renchannel sometime. I am also eyeing the dorrough native surround bundle though since I've used the hardware for so long and I have a little voucher from the wup. If nothing else, this whole thing has been somewhat interesting to watch.

ttoz wrote: I mean C1? L1? L3? L2? everything renaissance besides vox and bass, Q10 crap, crap crap.

i could go on.

You should see my test project where i spent so much time with vocal rider and it just doesn't work! hilarious lol.

What do they do that is irreplaceable? stuff like maxxvolume, and maxx bass. Maxx volume is amazing. It is years older than vocal rider and does a 10 times better job, seriously, as well as making upward compression easy as can be.

OK so maxx bass is finally an ok price. I'l grab that. And center. But if i grab maxx volume and H COMP as well i might as well get platinum...all i want is 5 or 6 plugins from their entire line and it becomes 30 plug in bundle price.. So infuriating I don't even WANT that other stuff on my machine, it's a huge list that i would never use and can't disable, 100 components to waft through to find a few i'd use.! They need to get a grip on reality and make EVERY plugin $64 or allow custom bundles for 200 bux or something.
I don't think Waves are for you, doesn't sound like you'd be happy even if they were given to you free.

You'll probably start bitching about the new authorization process next...

ouch

Lenticular wrote:
ttoz wrote: I mean C1? L1? L3? L2? everything renaissance besides vox and bass, Q10 crap, crap crap.

i could go on.

I don't think Waves are for you, doesn't sound like you'd be happy even if they were given to you free.

i own a few of them and what i consider good tools are good tools and waves have some indispensable ones, for example doubler which i have had for years and can't really be matched, except by izotope nectar.

Where there is legitimate reason to complain, i will.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning sweetheart? would you like a tummy rub to make you feek better?

A better april campaign would have been: Say your last goodbye's to 32 bits by paying 32 dollars each!
The more you learn - the less you understand

Is this the lowest price there's been so far for Center?

yes definitely. that was a 300 or 200 dollar plug. i'm going to grab that before april is over, as i've tried other ms tools and i am sure this is doing something different and is not just using standard ms coding.

ttoz wrote:
Lenticular wrote:

i could go on.

i own a few of them and what i consider good tools are good tools and waves have some indispensable ones, for example doubler which i have had for years and can't really be matched, except by izotope nectar.

Where there is legitimate reason to complain, i will.

Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning sweetheart? would you like a tummy rub to make you feek better?
No, I'm fine, you're doing all the whining.

Return to “Effects”