Waves 64bit bargains

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i do hope you were talking to testicular???
See, that's what you get when you attack others first. ttoz wasn't whining, just stating facts as it related to his opinion. That's the truth of it whether you Lenticular want to piss on me too or not. Life's to short for this. We are all about to DIE soon ..don't we "get it" yet?! You drew 'first blood' Hoss. That's the bottom line. Please just say you're sorry or something (which u won't because man is proud) or face the consequences after death, because hate waits to slay all who sow to her.
Wordsong.info - because something GOOD is on the way!

thanks Artgiver but i myself am sorry for calling him that, it wasn't worth it, so i'll be the one to apologise gladly.

Back on topic,

who's going to grab maxxbass for 64 buxx?? :grin:

Hi Tozz,
who's going to grab maxxbass for 64 buxx??
I'm demo'ing it but I can't say I'm that convinced. Couldn't something simlar be done using Melda MAutoDynamicEQ? The sonogram and analyser is very helpful. Also how would compare MaxxVolume to Melda AutoVolume? I'm testing their bundle and I'm pretty impressed with the overall variety and flexibilty not withstanding the reasonable prices.

Cheers
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

Hey, maxx volume is just a really easy to use streamlined compressor.

Basically it's got renaiiasance vox in the middle, an upward compressor on the left, and a traditional downward compressor on the right.

I guess Melda does the same thing but in a totally different way.. they are all good tools. To be perfectly honest i would use them *together* to get the ultimate vocal. Mind you maxx volume can for example just use one slider, say you want to bring a LOW sound LOUDER but leave the upper untouched, well this is a one slider easy to use upward compression. Melda auto volume won't do that but melda compressor will cause you can draw the shape to do so. But why not have it in easy format with one slider!!

But as far as Maxxbass, it is about creating UPPER artificial bass harmonics that aren't there to make the person PERCEIVE there is more bottom end, particularly on small speakers. The closest competitor i know if is lf max punch by voxengo.

Hey, maxx volume is just a really easy to use streamlined compressor.
Basically it's got renaiiasance vox in the middle, an upward compressor on the left, and a traditional downward compressor on the right.
Doesn't seem to be a way to solo the bands. Which is a bit of shame. Although I agree with you about the convenience of Maxxvolume.
But as far as Maxxbass, it is about creating UPPER artificial bass harmonics that aren't there to make the person PERCEIVE there is more bottom end, particularly on small speakers. The closest competitor i know if is lf max punch by voxengo.
I guess I will have to test it more bearing that in mind.

Cheers
Kraznet
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K

WHat do you mean by solo the bands? it is not multiband....It's 3 completely different wideband processors in one interface.

you press the little square button to enable each "compressor" in maxxvolume, by default everything is off.

you press the little square button to enable each "compressor" in maxxvolume, by default everything is off.
Aah yes got it :)

Cheers
Kraznet

Oooh nice. They made demos i-lok free already! (Or at least it seems they did...) Hmm. Guessing A/B MaxBass session to G-Sonique XBass enhancer will happen around me pretty soon. Muhahaha. :D

I'm probably going to pass it over (do you see what I did there??????? :hihi: )

It's a great price but when I demoed it I just didn't really get that vibe from it so I'd be hedging my bet that I was missing something at that point.

hibidy wrote:I'm probably going to pass it over (do you see what I did there??????? :hihi: )
Very creative :hihi:

ttoz wrote: who's going to grab maxxbass for 64 buxx?? :grin:
I'm really interested in Maxxbass but It does not show up in Studio One. I've got just about all the demos on the go right now for waves, Mercury, Gold whatever I've been trying their compressors etc with no problems. But C4 and Maxxbass don't show.

I emailed them back (they emailed me when I activated the mercury demo) and helpfully informed me they don't know about Studio One Version 1 because they only tested it on version 2.

Stuck I guess. Makes me second guess buying though if that is their support style.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

How is the Cpu usage, 9 vs 8.I've read that the plugins scan and load faster.
When I demoed gold v8, the cpu usage was very low.I think, I had 20 or 30 of the v series eq's running. the cpu was like 20%, on a I7 920.
Can I demo V9 gold, If I already demoed V8?

bill45 wrote:How is the Cpu usage, 9 vs 8.I've read that the plugins scan and load faster.
When I demoed gold v8, the cpu usage was very low.I think, I had 20 or 30 of the v series eq's running. the cpu was like 20%, on a I7 920.
Can I demo V9 gold, If I already demoed V8?
IIRC they load a bit faster since they don't require the iLok. auth..
I don't think you'll be able to re-demo but I'd suggest emailing support & asking.
Maybe you'll be able to demo Mercury or individual plugs.

Waves are very low cpu wise except for a few like Lin, Puig & a few others..

Thanks, I've also demoed platinum, and a few individual plugs.
So, no difference in usage 8 VS 9

@Aiyn,

I wonder if you might possibly be having the same problem I was having with the plugins not showing up in Cubase. I was looking for something under Waves or Waveshell and even when I rescanned my vst folders they were not showing up. Neither under Waves (as state above) or even under the individual names. Then I found them under various subheads (EQ, Dynamics, Channel Strip). I guess Cubase did me the favor of categorizing them based on their function. I normally would not have looked under those subheads because they are usually for the included Steinberg plugins.

So maybe Studio One is doing something similar.

Aiyn wrote:
ttoz wrote: who's going to grab maxxbass for 64 buxx?? :grin:
I'm really interested in Maxxbass but It does not show up in Studio One. I've got just about all the demos on the go right now for waves, Mercury, Gold whatever I've been trying their compressors etc with no problems. But C4 and Maxxbass don't show.

I emailed them back (they emailed me when I activated the mercury demo) and helpfully informed me they don't know about Studio One Version 1 because they only tested it on version 2.

Stuck I guess. Makes me second guess buying though if that is their support style.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Return to “Effects”