New compressor from 112db - Big Blue Compressor!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

112db are back with a new compressor - Big Blue Compressor!!

http://112db.com/bigblue/compressor/

Looks great!!

Either that, or... you missed the news about 2 years ago
http://rekkerd.org/112db-releases-big-blue-limiter/
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Or, also quite possible, I don't always read so well :hihi:
Sorry about that
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Oups...
Last edited by xx JPRacer xx on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Blue Limiter is old.

Big Blue Compressor is new. :lol:

The spec looks great, will get the demo ASAP.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

First impressions are good. It goes nicely from mild to slammed, and the sound is naturally warm. I think it's missing a couple of things though. It's nice to have auto attack/release, though they are very easy/obvious to set manually. Also it only does mid or side, not both with different settings. You have to use 2 instances to do full/true mid/side processing.

The pricing is consistent with the other products and the quality hasn't changed (IMO). Also the copy protection is great.

I don't know if this is a completely new development, or a transition (since their very sad loss), but it's still very much 112dB quality.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

There is special introductory pricing which I think it 1/3 off what the price will be. Is there a demo version up yet?

I was seriously considering picking up RComp from Waves and this would initially cost me a bit more. At the same time I'm happy to support 112db instead, especially as they try to keep the company going and as I really like the other products that I have from them!
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

It's good to see a new release from 112db, will check it out asap

I don't think we will see news from here sadly

"Jules Vleugels (a.k.a. dj!) founder of 112dB, passed away on 23 January 2011. Programmer/researcher with an extensive background in professional audio software design as well as a Ph.D. in computer science. His work with established companies like Audio Ease (on Altiverb and Speakerphone) and Camel Audio (Alchemy) brought to 112dB an eye for superb audio quality and innovative interface solutions."
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

This is a new product, Jules wife took over the running of 112db after his sad death.
reusenoise wrote:I don't think we will see news from here sadly

"Jules Vleugels (a.k.a. dj!) founder of 112dB, passed away on 23 January 2011. Programmer/researcher with an extensive background in professional audio software design as well as a Ph.D. in computer science. His work with established companies like Audio Ease (on Altiverb and Speakerphone) and Camel Audio (Alchemy) brought to 112dB an eye for superb audio quality and innovative interface solutions."

reusenoise wrote:I don't think we will see news from here sadly
Actually, Nousch posted here yesterday on a different thread to confirm that this was coming out. We should all spread the word about the Blue Compressor and I wish the company all the best. Jules set a high standard with the products that he created and it would be wonderful to see the company succeed and to see further development on some of the existing lines.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:
reusenoise wrote:We should all spread the word about the Blue Compressor and I wish the company all the best. Jules set a high standard with the products that he created and it would be wonderful to see the company succeed and to see further development on some of the existing lines.
Yes I agree!

I just demoed it. And it's a REALLY good compressor. Look ahead function is brilliant and can remove unpleasant attacks' transients. Drive adds a nice colour( better say - add more colour). I'm really impressed with this one. It makes 909 kicks so soft, warm but still nicely rounded. I have a feeling that i will buy it. If anybody know some compressors that sound similar, let me know.
Last edited by Igro on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Really, really nice to see something from 112db again! I wish them all the best!
I'll download the demo asap!
A 60 day fully functional demo! That's how I like it! *looks at tone2 saurus demo* :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Effects”