What reverb do you like for great lead sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampleconstruct wrote:The review is almost identical to the post on page 3 of this thread - I mean, this is anti-marketing, not marketing guys...
:singer:
Brian @ IK thinks that we're all bees with a hive mentality here @ KVR...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 78#4889278

But I don't think we're as stupid as he makes us out to be :wink:

digitalboytn wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Coincidentally in all currently active KVR threads about reverbs I read the same kind of CSR praise, sometimes even identical phrases like "industry standard" - there is even a new CSR review with exactly that term used...it's getting a bit obviously embarrassing isn't it?
When I read that review of CSR - the only CSR review on KVR - the first thing I thought was - "This is a setup" :wink:
...and the same time we have this sales special of the CSR ;) Seems to be bad for IK that many preferring other reverbs, so the marketing drones must working on the next level :D
I wished IK would put so much energy into development of plug-ins they put into marketing.

Sampleconstruct wrote:The review is almost identical to the post on page 3 of this thread - I mean, this is anti-marketing, not marketing guys...
:singer:
The review is the same as the post - After I wrote it I though it might help others as I could not find a single review for CSR.

Still the best value reverb under $50.00 IMHO! :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

let's just be realistic for a moment.. Ik dropped CSR to $49 to try and compete with V Room.

It doesn't.

Valhalla is in a completely different league.

Why does a 5 or so year old product still need to be the best? or is it like 8 years old even?

It doesn't matter, it was great for our cpu's and the competition back then.

Then AAR came along and changed the game again.

And now the bunch of current stuff which is way beyond anything we have ever experienced in the box.

V room is one of them, as is ear verb, lex, x verb etc

Lotuzia wrote:Lexicon, Lexicon, then Lexicon. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Other native SF verbs I like, and use : AAR, Aether and, rarely, .... CSR.

Testing atm EAReckon, and its nice too :)

HW world is much more populated, but that's another story.

LtZ
are you testing earverb cause i am selling in marketplace?

:)

4damind wrote:
digitalboytn wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Coincidentally in all currently active KVR threads about reverbs I read the same kind of CSR praise, sometimes even identical phrases like "industry standard" - there is even a new CSR review with exactly that term used...it's getting a bit obviously embarrassing isn't it?
When I read that review of CSR - the only CSR review on KVR - the first thing I thought was - "This is a setup" :wink:
...and the same time we have this sales special of the CSR ;) Seems to be bad for IK that many preferring other reverbs, so the marketing drones must working on the next level :D
I wished IK would put so much energy into development of plug-ins they put into marketing.
To say we don't is very offensive as the level of quality IK offers is on a level most never reach. When it comes down to it every one has an opinion, you are entitled to yours as am I. But to constantly insinuate that CSR and other IK products are "inferior" because of our marketing is skipping the whole reason CSR should even be considered: the sound.

Now to go back, your opinion is your opinion. Great. My good friend Brian has his and I have my own. Great. Now that everyone's opinion is out in the open for everyone else lets stop insulting. Not for my or IKs sake, but to keep civility on KVR.

*Now back to the regularly scheduled KVR flame*
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

It must be "thin-skinned developers week" on KVR. I'm not a developer, but if I were, I'd never ever participate in discussions like this. It's one thing to present and/or defend your product, but yet another to call your (potential?) customers names. Just let your product speak for itself.

Critical comments are not flames, you should take them in stride and learn from the feedback.

ObiK wrote:To say we don't is very offensive as the level of quality IK offers is on a level most never reach.
Your problem is more to accept that others playing the same game but eventually on a higher level. Instead of investing more time to improve the old products you try with aggressive marketing and special prices to make some sales with the dated products.
When it comes down to it every one has an opinion, you are entitled to yours as am I. But to constantly insinuate that CSR and other IK products are "inferior" because of our marketing is skipping the whole reason CSR should even be considered: the sound.
Listen to your customers instead of putting most energy in your marketing drones. If IK has decreasing sales and lost reputation than not more marketing is the solution. You must have better products than the competitors.
Hire the Relab developer again and improve the CSR or make a new version with a modern interface and eventually all algorithms in one plug-in. Than there is chance to play on the same level (or better) than your competitors.
Learn from the competitors and put something new and better on the table instead of let the marketing guys writing in every thread with reverbs or similar stuff and praising the old crap from IK.

4damind wrote:Listen to your customers instead of putting most energy in your marketing drones. If IK has decreasing sales and lost reputation than not more marketing is the solution. You must have better products than the competitors.
Hire the Relab developer again and improve the CSR or make a new version with a modern interface and eventually all algorithms in one plug-in. Than there is chance to play on the same level (or better) than your competitors.
Learn from the competitors and put something new and better on the table instead of let the marketing guys writing in every thread with reverbs or similar stuff and praising the old crap from IK.
And invest in things that are relatively easy to do, at least compared with developing new versions. The problem with CSR (and any complex reverb) is that the number of knobs can be overwhelming for a new user, so they fall back on the presets and easy-mode view and, at that point, you are in a lottery as to whether the reverb works well with the source. When I see comments about 'grainy' or 'metallic' reverbs my first thought is simply that the diffusion and EQ are set up wrong for that particular source. A few tutorial videos here or there would probably prove very useful - Dan Worrall's videos for FabFilter just make you want to buy stuff. Sonnox just ran a promotion for a Puremix-made video about using reverbs - that probably hasn't hurt sales. You might offload some T-Racks singles at the same time.

And one of the best adverts for the modulation matrix in CSR were the Soundsdivine presets which, sadly, now seem to have disappeared, and these are not the only ones that probably do a better job of demonstrating the reverbs that the factory set. Doing a deal or two with a decent sound designer to create reverbs for specific purposes probably isn't going to hurt - given that some sound designers are doing a pretty good job of selling other reverbs on their own initiative.

At any rate, is that going to pay off less well than grumbling about a forum in front of the people who use that forum?

So the anti IK squad accuse them of calling names but have no problem in labeling another Kvr member as a sockpuppet, his only crime being writing a review.

Come on guys relax and make some music. Or hit one note and listen to the tail of your favourite reverb during two minutes and then post it in Soundcloud, whatever makes you happy.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Indeed! Embarrassing and annoying :?

Cheers
Dennis
What is really embarrassing imho is some KVR members writing innuendos about another KVR member, who has 2500+ posts, beeing an undercover IK agent by stating false facts ( the "exactly the same term" "industry standard" doesnt even appear in the author's review, where I could only read "industry", wich is a quite generic term ), to achieve their sole purpose : Discredit a manufacturer who has competing products with their favorite toys.

Respect toward other members should be the basic rule on a forum. And these basic rules have been recently often forgotten on KVR. The thought police is at work, fanboys rulez ......
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Respect toward other members should be the basic rule on a forum. And these basic rules have been recently often forgotten on KVR. The thought police is at work, fanboys rulez ......
Oh please. I agree that some things that were implied re: Integraton's (timely?) review were quite unfair, but don't disrespect other members by belittling their opinions (i.e., calling them "fanboys" and "thought police"). Works both ways, Mr. Thought-Policeman, doesn't it?

There's been a tendency lately to turn critical discussions into a simplistic friend-or-foe dualism. Like the great thinker and statesman George Bush said: "if you're not with us, you're against us".

I also think discussions like these are correct in taking companies' business and marketing strategies into account. Some companies never take any flak, whereas others just seem to invite it. Strange, that. Must be that fanboy thing you're talking about - becoming a fan of a company that delivers great products and deals fairly with its customers and competitors, and expecting the same from others.

Yeah, appologies to Integratron! Just seemed a bit "fishy"! I'm glad it was not! :)

My main concern was that IK seems to post in every reverb thread how great they are at the moment.
Even insulting KVR members and other developers who put some hard work into their plugins and support.

Not saying their products are bad or something. Their funny marketing always prevented me from trying them except CSR WAY back in the day.

Appologies again to Integratron :hug:

Cheers
Dennis

Now that we're all embarrased enough we could just all laugh about it or we could go own throwing mud and accusations at each other - I will orgasm over some more reverb tails in the meantime and progress with my work.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Now that we're all embarrased enough we could just all laugh about it or we could go own throwing mud and accusations at each other - I will orgasm over some more reverb tails in the meantime and progress with my work.
:tu:

Return to “Effects”