What reverb do you like for great lead sound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CSR has a density control. ;)

It has quite a lot of control, actually, including the unique modulation matrix.

This idea that a digital reverb that was good a couple years ago is no longer as good puzzles me a little. CSR is modeled on a particular classic studio reverb unit (hence the name) which hasn't changed in decades, and yet it is still a studio staple. If you want that classic reverb sound, then CSR is the one for you.

For leads for me it's lex every time. Leads, guitar, bass, always lex.

CSR is not my recommendation for very big spaces. I never liked it there. It sounds too dark and lush, worked for me better with drums (great on snare!)
I would also stay away from IK, too much marketing stories and miss-informations, no 64Bit support, complicated activating of the plug-ins etc.

Aether is also very good but IMO a bit too complicated (too much controls) but there is also smaller version from the same company. For easy controls, price and sound Valhalla has IMO no competitor. It can create _very_ big spaces (ValhallaShimmer is developed for such very big spaces with extreme long reverb tails)

4damind wrote:I would also stay away from IK, too much marketing stories and miss-informations, no 64Bit support, complicated activating of the plug-ins etc.
"too much marketing stories". I can't really see how this affects me while using their plugins.

"miss-informations". What miss-informations? You mean they never give precise dates of their releases? I guess that all the developers that give dates that they never keep are better at that.

"no 64Bit support"
. They are adding 64Bit support, AT and T-Racks are 64 bit now.

"complicated activating of the plug-ins"
. No, it's really easy now: launch Authorization Manager, enter serial.

"etc". Well, I must agree with you in this precise point.

well...... CSR to be fair DOES break apart and get very grainy the larger the size.. I am not being negative, it's just the truth. For $49 to many it would be worth it though. So that's cool. But i downloaded the demo a few hours ago and realised for real how much this thing has aged. wow.

I agree with 4damind it is much more suited to small spaces.

Cheers.

standalone wrote:"too much marketing stories". I can't really see how this affects me while using their plugins.
Some things they are saying are not correct. See also the posts about the 1176 emulations Link

There is no 64Bit support for the CSR yet and this plug-in is not really new on the market and also for T-Racks, it needs years and I think only because the users asks ever and ever.
Hopefully they changed something with the serial activation, it was the worst of all plug-ins I ever had.
Because there are better plug-ins and companies with better support and not so much marketing crap, I cannot recommend this time to buy stuff from IK.

Lexicon, Lexicon, then Lexicon. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Other native SF verbs I like, and use : AAR, Aether and, rarely, .... CSR.

Testing atm EAReckon, and its nice too :)

HW world is much more populated, but that's another story.

LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I love using the Soundtoys echoboy reverb presets on synth sounds. They are very much character reverb sounds, but they sound great on a characterful synth sound.

4damind wrote:
standalone wrote:"too much marketing stories". I can't really see how this affects me while using their plugins.
Some things they are saying are not correct. See also the posts about the 1176 emulations Link

There is no 64Bit support for the CSR yet and this plug-in is not really new on the market and also for T-Racks, it needs years and I think only because the users asks ever and ever.
Hopefully they changed something with the serial activation, it was the worst of all plug-ins I ever had.
Because there are better plug-ins and companies with better support and not so much marketing crap, I cannot recommend this time to buy stuff from IK.
Brian didn't say anything untrue there, it was with some bravado for sure but newer 1176 emulations didn't have anything to do with them updating theirs? You really think that had NO bearing on the decision? EDIT - I see what he did there, Brian is actually just repeating what someone else implied with a bit of a cheeky touch so I won't get so cheeky. So again, he said nothing except it may have had a touch of bravado behind it. Oh well, I won't fire him over it, he's proud of the product and a bit cheeky sometimes.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Brian didn't say anything untrue there, it was with some bravado for sure but newer 1176 emulations didn't have anything to do with them updating theirs? You really think that had NO bearing on the decision? As being in the field (and not just a marketing drone, as I posted in another post somewhere even our marketing/sales people have actual credentials with education and experience in the field) I can tell you that absolutely would have bearing on it. So again, he said nothing except it may have had a touch of bravado behind it. Oh well, I won't fire him over it, he's proud of the product.
If users like Bmanic and other say that your emulation is the least complex model on the market (at the moment) than it shows only that there is some mismatch in marketing and reality.
IK should invest more time to improve the existing plug-in versions and listen to the customers instead of hire marketing drones writing in every thread to push their products and writing funny things like "the industry standard plugins from established developers such as IK Multimedia".
The only "innovation" from IK this time are announced 64Bit versions and special sales/group buys of old plug-ins.

Lex and Aether, sometimes AAR

Coincidentally in all currently active KVR threads about reverbs I read the same kind of CSR praise, sometimes even identical phrases like "industry standard" - there is even a new CSR review with exactly that term used...it's getting a bit obviously embarrassing isn't it?

Sampleconstruct wrote:Coincidentally in all currently active KVR threads about reverbs I read the same kind of CSR praise, sometimes even identical phrases like "industry standard" - there is even a new CSR review with exactly that term used...it's getting a bit obviously embarrassing isn't it?
Indeed! Embarrassing and annoying :?

Cheers
Dennis

Sampleconstruct wrote:Coincidentally in all currently active KVR threads about reverbs I read the same kind of CSR praise, sometimes even identical phrases like "industry standard" - there is even a new CSR review with exactly that term used...it's getting a bit obviously embarrassing isn't it?
When I read that review of CSR - the only CSR review on KVR - the first thing I thought was - "This is a setup" :wink:

The review is almost identical to the post on page 3 of this thread - I mean, this is anti-marketing, not marketing guys...
:singer:

Return to “Effects”