VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep. You can find it here:

http://www.eventide.com/Home/Eventide/A ... 0Beta.aspx

You need an iLok2.

Ach! VST for Windows-only?!? DAMN!! :cry:

bduffy wrote:Ach! VST for Windows-only?!? DAMN!! :cry:
yeah.. that's something they'll hopefully sort out sooner rather than later. VST for mac is kinda mandatory for a lot of people.

also, hopefully this means H3000 factory is soon.

dayjob wrote:
bduffy wrote:Ach! VST for Windows-only?!? DAMN!! :cry:
yeah.. that's something they'll hopefully sort out sooner rather than later. VST for mac is kinda mandatory for a lot of people.

also, hopefully this means H3000 factory is soon.
Actually, I just tried this out using the Metaplugin demo, and it's not my bag. Makes some cool, modulated reverbs....but not much else. H3000 factory would be amazing, and long overdue.

AU no workie here with 10.5.8 in Peak, Wave Editor, Backline, DSP Quattro or waveburner. Just sayin'. Yeah, I'm long overdue for 10.6. I need to try updating the ilok drivers, but I doubt that's it. I tried to post to their forum a couple times and came away unsuccessful.

Had a 10 minute play with this (apart from trying to get ilok updated) which took longer i likey.

It's got some cool features. I like the mod effect, especially with a short tail and decay on drum loops.

The slider function is very cool, creeating a slider instrument function.

Need to play some more and I can see some positive uses for this plugin.

Hope they get the price point right, I would expect sub 100 so price is definately going to be a deciding factor.

Especially as I'm waiting to see what the H3000 offers.

Sure we will see Mac but then I'm a windows user so happy here...

Tried this out yesterday, and was impressed straight away. I liked how the tail blended with the sound almost transparently. Nice big sounds coming from it, and some fun features there. Then I A/B'd with the valhalla stuff (room and shimmer), and wasn't as impressed. After some tweaking, I virtually got the same basic sound with vroom. I don't really miss those other little tricks blackhole does.

It's nice, but there are a couple dozen nice reverbs in my plug folder. It does show the the eventide plugs are high quality, so I look forward to their upcoming stuff.

antithesist wrote:I need to try updating the ilok drivers, but I doubt that's it.
I actually think it could be the ilok drivers. VST would not work for me until I reinstalled the ilok drivers, even though they were up-to-date, literally as of the other day.

I thought that was weird. Anyway, good luck.

Why do you need an ILok just to demo???

osiris wrote:Why do you need an ILok just to demo???
What a strange question :?

Because plugin use ilok as copy protection and because plugin demo is actually fully functional ie no noise or sound drop out etc. Only a time limit.

Imagine they use ilok for full product (not demo) but by some insane logic they release fully functional demo with no ilok protection. It would be cracked within minutes from release..

Well, if it's fully functional then I can see.

Btw i have Vroom and this is somewhat entirely different. Modulation inside reverb is different. Some nice features. I can't compare it to vroom or shimmer. Vroom have better room sound this one is more spacey. Kinda like shimmer but different.

audiosabre wrote:Tried this out yesterday, and was impressed straight away. I liked how the tail blended with the sound almost transparently. Nice big sounds coming from it, and some fun features there. Then I A/B'd with the valhalla stuff (room and shimmer), and wasn't as impressed. After some tweaking, I virtually got the same basic sound with vroom. I don't really miss those other little tricks blackhole does.
I would try using ValhallaShimmer (in the mono reverb mode, with color set to dark, pitch mode set to bypass, and high cut around 6 KHz) as a starting basis for getting closer to the Blackhole sound.

Sean Costello

I gave it a try.
Totally cool sounding effect.... but totally useless to me.
Now if I was doing film or ambient music I would be all over it.... for the Blues it's a no go.

By the way I don't see the similarity to VRoom.
VRoom can do the Blues all day long.

:shock:

audiosabre wrote:
antithesist wrote:I need to try updating the ilok drivers, but I doubt that's it.
I actually think it could be the ilok drivers. VST would not work for me until I reinstalled the ilok drivers, even though they were up-to-date, literally as of the other day.

I thought that was weird. Anyway, good luck.
Thanks, I will try that later.

Return to “Effects”