What are your favorite non-Valhalla reverbs, and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

jens wrote:just my opinion, impression, aesthetical judgement - pleaee forgive me for forgotting to mention that... :shrug:
I was just confused by your statement. I mean yeah it's got a very modern sound but 'dishonest'? lol. Yeah we get that you don't like it ;)
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Line 6 Octo Verb and Particle Verb. They're crackin' !
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Every time Sean posts, I want to buy more of his products. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I only really use NI Reflektor these days, but occasionally use FL reverb 2, that those two kind of cover all the bases, I own 2CAudio Eather, but it's rubbish, it constantly un-registers itself.

Reverbical. It's easy to tweak but still you can do almost anything with it and control every minute detail. Room, Hall, Ambience, odd stuff and even shimmer.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

billcarroll wrote:Every time Sean posts, I want to buy more of his products. :)
Hey, that's GREAT!

I LOVE to hear that!

:D

:lol: lol Sean
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Amberience wrote:Line 6 Octo Verb and Particle Verb. They're crackin' !
I've heard the OctoVerb in my Verbzilla, but have yet to hear the Particle Verb. The name SOUNDS like it would be a granular reverb. Or that it is really grainy. Which can be cool on guitar (I like the sparse reverb sounds I can get from the Ensemble 360 and Symphonic modes in ValhallaSpaceModulator).

I had a Verbzilla but couldn't stand the buffer (you can check what it does to your guitar tone by switching the Trails on and off). The shimmer (Octo) mode was average too -didn't seem to track well and produced warbly off-pitch stuff too often.

My favourite reverb pedals by far:
- Strymon BigSky
- Neunaber WET

MogwaiBoy wrote:
My favourite reverb pedals by far:
- Strymon BigSky
- Neunaber WET
I have a WET. The sound is great, but there's a bit too much predelay for my tastes. However, mine is an older version. I should see if my pedal can download the updates from the Neunaber site, as apparently there is a more recent Wet algorithm with less predelay.

valhallasound wrote:
Amberience wrote:Line 6 Octo Verb and Particle Verb. They're crackin' !
I've heard the OctoVerb in my Verbzilla...
I'm surprised how much I like that pedal, a friend gifted me a bunch of tone core docks and modules, of which I have the Verbzilla, Echo Park and Liqua-Flanger in a stereo chain, processing my Ambika. I haven't tried them with a guitar but they sound great on a polysynth!

I'm really digging the OliVerb mode in the Parasite alternate firmware for Mutable Instruments' Clouds.

Like Make Noise's Erbe Verb, it can do a wide variety of effects with a single algorithm. OliVerb has a dedicated pitch control but some of the other parameters are only available from a multi-function knob. It's character is pretty different from the Erbe Verb. Not quite as lush and maybe a bit brighter. The modulation sounds great for warbly echos when the diffusion is turned down. It does some crazy stuff when abused with modulation!

This cathedral in Toulouse is well, epic

https://www.facebook.com/18448685159286 ... 967263347/

Return to “Effects”