Is there a plugin which can replace Fruity Stereo Shaper

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voxengo PHA 979 is close to what you're after.
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:Voxengo PHA 979 is close to what you're after.
+1 - limited in use but extremely efficient for what it achieves with the stereo image. I use cakewalk channel tools that came with sonar but there is avery similar free one.

http://hofa-plugins.de/pages/start_en/4u_en.php

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/hofa-4u ... fa-plugins
Last edited by Trakstar on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DELETED

maxxxter wrote:
Not really, that's a (IBP) phase alignment tool.
Try the Hofa channel tools

maxxxter wrote:
Not really, that's a (IBP) phase alignment tool.
Regardless of how its advertised, It has some the exact same features as the FL Stereo Shaper: Phase shift and Delay. The main difference is the mixer for phase/delay is missing in PHA 979.
Last edited by dalor on Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cowbells!

DELETED

DELETED

seems like this is a tough one..

True, no crossfed.. Hmm you could rebuild it in your host using 2 send tracks: Enable Swap channel in PHA on both channels, make phase alignments only in one channel, the other only for delay. From your instrument channel, send to both PHA channels with each amount to taste, one for phase, one for delay. With Swap Channel enabled on both PHA instances, there's your crossfed.
Cowbells!

lfm wrote: I guess all that is left is - RTFM :D
Yeah, but which M? The M linked to by the OP doesn't really explain what the knob does besides
Changes the phase of the L or R channels. Top dead center is normal phase (0 deg), turning the knob right will progressively offset the phase of the Right channel, while turning the knob to the left will progressively offset the phase of the Left channel.

paterpeter wrote:
Yeah, but which M? The M linked to by the OP doesn't really explain what the knob does besides
Changes the phase of the L or R channels. Top dead center is normal phase (0 deg), turning the knob right will progressively offset the phase of the Right channel, while turning the knob to the left will progressively offset the phase of the Left channel.
It looks exactly like what the antiphase crossfeed does, just in an equal power kind of way.

camsr wrote:
paterpeter wrote:
It looks exactly like what the antiphase crossfeed does, just in an equal power kind of way.
I must have missed that - antifeed crossfeed?

Oh well...it looked like such a simple tool likely to be found in VST land but it seems as a no go. Great little tool none the less..

Mystery solved - I simply asked gol what the knob does.
It is an allpass filter applied to the respective channel. After a bit more experimenting I found that the more you dial in the phase knob the lower the allpass frequency goes.

So, there you have it:
- an m/s matrix,
- a channel delay
- an allpass filter.

While nothing has quite the control of SS, I found this and quite liked its sound:
http://www.vescofx.com/vfxFreeHaas
Vesco has a pay version that's very reasonable and looks quite nice. ($29.00)

Return to “Effects”