MixControl Pro Discontinued, V2 TBA.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael Olsen yes he works for camel audio now but he also did ANA and I am sure he is updating that so why not update this too? He is a cool guy and its not all about money to him, I know this for a fact..

TheoM wrote:Michael Olsen yes he works for camel audio now but he also did ANA and I am sure he is updating that so why not update this too? He is a cool guy and its not all about money to him, I know this for a fact..
Stephen from DNR would have to fill in on particulars. I can only tell you as much as I did. Beyond that I'm relying on my memory from already more than a year.

I can say that Reason had nothing respect for Michael Olsen and especially his work. I can't say enough how much Reason liked MC2. As you know Reason was apart of this community, and often he'd resist posting in threads to not seem spammy, but instead would call me and vent his frustrations that MC2 wasn't even mentioned although it would be better than what was mentioned.

Loved the guy for many reasons I won't list here and no pun intended. His passing has affected me more than any other tragic kvr loss. I still get teary every time I think of him.

Anyway, he is right, MC2 is a wonderful tool. We know there were some marketing and pricing mistakes made but I hope people don't let that affect their judgement of the quality of the plugin. On mac there are no bugs to speak of presently but I can't speak for the windows version.....yet.

Just for understanding...

What you call MC2 is MixControl Pro? Because there is no v2 as of yet (most recent version is 1.5r6). It was in the making, and then Reason passed away.

As MCP user myself, I asked Steven a couple of times what's up. I can't go into detail as there is not much more known either. I only know that the current DesignDesk is working as some sort of framework for future developments. Which is only logical: build one core engine that works on every rig (Win/Mac), then go from there.

I don't think that we will see MCP v2(!) until later this year. But I'm sure that the FR list wasn't discarted, there were requests for skinning (again) and also keeping the old GUI, amongst other things.

I'm still not using MCP as much as I should, I have way too many go-to tools at my disposal that I always reach for. But MCP is still an excellent all-round solution, low on CPU and doesn't need to hide compared to what's already out there.

It can only get better from there.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Just for understanding...

What you call MC2 is MixControl Pro? Because there is no v2 as of yet (most recent version is 1.5r6). It was in the making, and then Reason passed away.

As MCP user myself, I asked Steven a couple of times what's up. I can't go into detail as there is not much more known either. I only know that the current DesignDesk is working as some sort of framework for future developments. Which is only logical: build one core engine that works on every rig (Win/Mac), then go from there.

I don't think that we will see MCP v2(!) until later this year. But I'm sure that the FR list wasn't discarted, there were requests for skinning (again) and also keeping the old GUI, amongst other things.

I'm still not using MCP as much as I should, I have way too many go-to tools at my disposal that I always reach for. But MCP is still an excellent all-round solution, low on CPU and doesn't need to hide compared to what's already out there.

It can only get better from there.
Hey Compyfox,

Yes, I mean MixControl Pro. I remember the first version very well, so I guess I just automatically listed the "pro" version, as version 2.

I too, haven't used MCP as much anymore, but likewise... I really should. I always found it my easiest solution for mixing. I think somewhere I started using Pro-Q, but honestly as much as I like Pro-Q, for me, MCP (not MC2 :oops: ) actually works better (if Reason were still alive, he'd definitely have his 2 cents about that too).

Compyfox wrote:I'm still not using MCP as much as I should, I have way too many go-to tools at my disposal...
Seems to be a common problem. Maybe Theo can help... :wink:

Return to “Effects”