MixControl Pro Discontinued, V2 TBA.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rlahalla wrote:
xybre wrote:I use MCP all the time, I haven't had many issues with it.

I put it on the master buss and turn the limit gain down, saturation up, and if I'm making a mess of things I'll dial in the EQ and clean up the bass with the stereo field module. I do all those things anyway, and it does a serviceable job for each, I have no regrets about my purchase.

I look forward to V2, and I hope your developer problems get sorted as soon as possible.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback :) I've already got a developer for the redesign, so we're all set on that front, it's now just funding the latter part of the project that I'm focusing on :)
I'd say keep selling it, but note that V2 is in development and people who purchase V1 from here on out get the upgrade pricing or whatever you decide when V2 comes out. You should list known bugs and note that they probably won't be fixed. But its a good plugin, not everyone wants to wait for V2, I think if you're completely up front with people about what it can and can't do they're going to be able to make an informed decision.
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

xybre wrote:
rlahalla wrote:
xybre wrote:I use MCP all the time, I haven't had many issues with it.

I put it on the master buss and turn the limit gain down, saturation up, and if I'm making a mess of things I'll dial in the EQ and clean up the bass with the stereo field module. I do all those things anyway, and it does a serviceable job for each, I have no regrets about my purchase.

I look forward to V2, and I hope your developer problems get sorted as soon as possible.
Awesome, thanks for the feedback :) I've already got a developer for the redesign, so we're all set on that front, it's now just funding the latter part of the project that I'm focusing on :)
I'd say keep selling it, but note that V2 is in development and people who purchase V1 from here on out get the upgrade pricing or whatever you decide when V2 comes out. You should list known bugs and note that they probably won't be fixed. But its a good plugin, not everyone wants to wait for V2, I think if you're completely up front with people about what it can and can't do they're going to be able to make an informed decision.
Yeah, this is essentially what I'm going to do and see if I can build up some funds through it. It's still working perfectly as far as I can see, and if anyone has a problemt hat isn't workable, I may just give refunds based on that. I don't want anyone to get screwed from their hard-earned money.

The current version still kills Orion randomly.. I mean it completely kills the instance of the host.. back to desktop. It is very random. Otherwise, not using mcp, I have 0 crashes in Orion.

So it's unusable in it's current form. In the time I have got to use it, I like the features and really enjoy the EQ side and saturation.

VitaminD wrote:The current version still kills Orion randomly.. I mean it completely kills the instance of the host.. back to desktop. It is very random. Otherwise, not using mcp, I have 0 crashes in Orion.

So it's unusable in it's current form. In the time I have got to use it, I like the features and really enjoy the EQ side and saturation.
Hmm.. haven't heard of this issue particularly but I'll tell you what - you won't need to ever pay for a MCP license again. I'll get things straight and make sure that you can use this software forever without jumping through any hoops. I'm not going to go back to using any copy protection, and I'm gonna make damn sure that the next version is easy to use and easy to install. I'm real sorry if it hasn't worked for ya, I didn't even know that issue existed :(

EDIT: it's reason, I just re-logged in under the wrong username :-/

rlahalla wrote:
Nielzie wrote:You could also do some kind of combination of both: buy in the forthcomming months MixControl Pro (v1) for $?? and get v2 for free, when it will be released.

And let current v1 users pay a small upgrade price, which is a smaller then when buying v1 (and get a free upgrade), like in the previous idea right above.

I think current as well as new users will be happy then :)
Not a bad idea, but I do want to make sure that all who have already purchased get V2 for free. I won't go back on my word about that no matter what.
well i refuse to accept the upgrade for free, so how's THAT!

:razz:

ttoz wrote:
rlahalla wrote:
Nielzie wrote:You could also do some kind of combination of both: buy in the forthcomming months MixControl Pro (v1) for $?? and get v2 for free, when it will be released.

And let current v1 users pay a small upgrade price, which is a smaller then when buying v1 (and get a free upgrade), like in the previous idea right above.

I think current as well as new users will be happy then :)
Not a bad idea, but I do want to make sure that all who have already purchased get V2 for free. I won't go back on my word about that no matter what.
well i refuse to accept the upgrade for free, so how's THAT!

Rebel :hihi:

DNR Collaborative wrote:
VitaminD wrote:The current version still kills Orion randomly.. I mean it completely kills the instance of the host.. back to desktop. It is very random. Otherwise, not using mcp, I have 0 crashes in Orion.

Hmm.. haven't heard of this issue particularly but I'll tell you what - you won't need to ever pay for a MCP license again. I'll get things straight and make sure that you can use this software forever without jumping through any hoops. I'm not going to go back to using any copy protection, and I'm gonna make damn sure that the next version is easy to use and easy to install. I'm real sorry if it hasn't worked for ya, I didn't even know that issue existed :(

EDIT: it's reason, I just re-logged in under the wrong username :-/

No worries and you're too generous to me. :hug: I always test new plugins before committing them to a project, so I haven't lost any work.. only a few testbed projects of no value to me. I just always wondered why this plugin would freak out in Orion randomly...

But I shouldn't receive new MCP licenses for free indefinitely! I would, however, appreciate a bug fix in a future version should you decide to continue development in some form - I'll even help test it to ensure I don't get the crashing anymore. But if not, no worries there either. Don't lose sleep over any of this. I'm surely not. :)

For reference, the original MCP did not behave in the same manner (crashing). Something in the newer v2 code base... perhaps the side chaining abilities?

ttoz wrote:well i refuse to accept the upgrade for free, so how's THAT!

Ok, you can send me $1 quadrillion dollars! Then I'll finally be able to finish this project for once hehe :D
VitaminD wrote:No worries and you're too generous to me. :hug: I always test new plugins before committing them to a project, so I haven't lost any work.. only a few testbed projects of no value to me. I just always wondered why this plugin would freak out in Orion randomly...

For reference, the original MCP did not behave in the same manner (crashing). Something in the newer v2 code base... perhaps the side chaining abilities?
Hmm.. Well, I'll definitely have you help if you're still wiling when I get the V2 proto done. Just trying to get Wave Designer to V1 now and update the sound repository and then I'll be focusing most of my energy of MCP V2 :)

Here's a screenshot of what I've been working on prior to MCP V2:

All MCP uses will get this tool for free when I'm done with it :) And yes, the final version will have frequency band controls, and the right-most knob is supposed to say 'output'. There are some additional controls that I may be adding in as well. Suggestions are welcome..

rlahalla wrote:
ttoz wrote:well i refuse to accept the upgrade for free, so how's THAT!

Ok, you can send me $1 quadrillion dollars! Then I'll finally be able to finish this project for once hehe :D
VitaminD wrote:No worries and you're too generous to me. :hug: I always test new plugins before committing them to a project, so I haven't lost any work.. only a few testbed projects of no value to me. I just always wondered why this plugin would freak out in Orion randomly...

Hmm.. Well, I'll definitely have you help if you're still wiling when I get the V2 proto done. Just trying to get Wave Designer to V1 now and update the sound repository and then I'll be focusing most of my energy of MCP V2 :)
mate you are one of the nicest fellas here and you have been so good to me over time, that if i COULD give it, i would!

well, maybe not the whole quadrillion :hihi:

TheoM wrote:well, maybe not the whole quadrillion :hihi:
hehe, nah, keep a few bucks for yourself Theo, I don't want you starvin' over there! :D

rlahalla wrote:Here's a screenshot of what I've been working on prior to MCP V2:

All MCP uses will get this tool for free when I'm done with it :) And yes, the final version will have frequency band controls, and the right-most knob is supposed to say 'output'. There are some additional controls that I may be adding in as well. Suggestions are welcome..
Nice! I love this gui. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:
rlahalla wrote:Here's a screenshot of what I've been working on prior to MCP V2:

Nice! I love this gui. :tu:
Hey Thanks! I'm trying to come up with something that we can use for all of my software projects, but it's been quite a bit of re-designing. I'm sure it'll get refined quite a bit, but I really like the simplistic and easy on the eyes style :)

Taking a page out of that other 'halla's book with that GUI style :wink: :)

metalifuxx wrote:Taking a page out of that other 'halla's book with that GUI style :wink: :)
You can't go wrong :D
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Effects”