MixControl Pro Discontinued, V2 TBA.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, I found out it was because we had a beta period and the date on the changelog is the date it was actually released. The date on the archive is the date it was compiled and packaged.

Skimming through this thread gives me chills. Reason, you will be missed :(

paterpeter wrote:Skimming through this thread gives me chills. Reason, you will be missed :(
Missed?? What happened?

I don't know whether to feel this should be locked or alive to remember him :(

Kinda creepy.

Ok, just found the sad news. :(
RIP Reason Lahalla.

:(
esoundz name: Helio

I don't know if this thread needs to be locked or not. We are going to have to figure out how to proceed with this once we have personal matters attended to, but there is still some ways to go before I sit down to make a gameplan.

Steven

Shame Reason never got the chance to finish MixControl v2, his first major self coded project :(
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:Shame Reason never got the chance to finish MixControl v2, his first major self coded project :(
This is the only thing that continues to run through my head, over and over. It's painful and weighs my soul down heavily. Why couldn't he have just stopped destroying his health to see what he had going? Why couldn't he put down the bottle for just a little while and become what he was obviously meant to be? I don't know. I never will.

Steven

DNR Collaborative wrote:
Nielzie wrote:Shame Reason never got the chance to finish MixControl v2, his first major self coded project :(
This is the only thing that continues to run through my head, over and over. It's painful and weighs my soul down heavily. Why couldn't he have just stopped destroying his health to see what he had going? Why couldn't he put down the bottle for just a little while and become what he was obviously meant to be? I don't know. I never will.

Steven
So sad man,so sad.Both my mother and sister went that way. :(
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

DNR Collaborative wrote:

Steven
Sometimes the world is just a terrible place to be. People handle it differently. I think it's important not to judge too harshly those who decide that coping isn't an option, even if at the same time it's very difficult not to pity them, to be pissed off, to feel abandoned... Just as our living grief takes many forms, suffering and tolerance to it vary dramatically. I'm shocked because I didn't know him beyond his persona here and I'd never have pegged him as someone with serious drug and alcohol issues like that, but I don't feel right judging him. You knew him better, I don't intend or mean to deny your feelings. But life can be a sad thing. Don't think that it was your fault, and don't be surprised if it never makes sense. I wish the world owed us all an explanation for the shit we go through, but it doesn't, and that makes it all the harder to understand the struggles of even our closest friends when they suffer. It's extremely sad and he's gone too soon. Condolences, wish I had more to offer than words. I guess they seem fairly empty at the moment.

jethrobull wrote:So sad man,so sad.Both my mother and sister went that way. :(
My parrents too. Sorry for offtopic.
yzcoruhT

So I have had this thread open on a tab in my browser since December. Bought Mixcontrol during the group buy and never used it. Just when I was going to install it there was talk of version 2 etc... I decided to just wait instead of installing version one, and have been waiting all this time. I finally checked this thread again, like "mannnnnn... what's taking so long? I bet it'll be good though." Then come to find out the sad news. A real shame.

I'm going to install and use version one though. It had a lot of great reviews which is why I bought it in the first place, and I really like the GUI and setup. Every time I use it I'll think of Reason for a moment. Not that we knew one another really, but it's a small community, and although it's easy to forget about the person behind the music software tools, it's become more personal for me over the years. I don't feel like I'm just buying pots at Walmart, there's a lot of talent, sweat, passion and love put into these things. I've always appreciated that.

I see where Reason was trying to be giving and fair to people but had his own demons to deal with. I'm sure he would have become a real treasure to the community had he got himself together. You can read earlier on about how he was battling with his health (I'm sure that meant addictions), plus his father had developed Alzheimer's. But he was trying to stay positive, give his best effort, listen to all ideas and do his best. But the world is very hard for some, it certainly is for me. Looks like it was just more than he could handle.

Anyway. Everyone stay healthy out there.

I can say I just got chills again seeing this bumped.. Reason and I had a connection and he was someone I really did consider a friend..

That said I am using mix control v2 every single day and it still works perfectly in mountain lion and logic 9 and live and S1 as both 32 and 64 bits.

Its actually a really good channel strip just the way it is.. Honest.. I never really understood what was planned to make it better cause its so great now.. It's on every single track of mine n the master as a zero latency protection limiter. I used to use blue cat protector which I do like a lot but that uses 5% CPU and mix control uses less than 1%.

I also have it on multiple tracks for eq, comp, gate, and stereo control. I never fail to use it, I think it's really underrated in that everyone knows about it but so many don't use it to its full potential and so many discard and sell it.. And then they are posting here looking for a tool to do something that they didn't realise they already had and just sold! For example I've seen multiple topics about stereo narrowing.. And mix control has one of the finest tools for that built in! Even the eq is flexible as it has per band filter selection and good steep filter options .. The whole thing is zero latency and has an over sample mode, has multiple compression types, even the saturation is quite pleasing on many sources.. It's such a great tool...

If somehow it could be maintained in its current form just for OS updates and bug fixes if needed would be all that's needed. I have no idea if v3 is still in the making though

TheoM wrote:I can say I just got chills again seeing this bumped.. Reason and I had a connection and he was someone I really did consider a friend..

That said I am using mix control v2 every single day and it still works perfectly in mountain lion and logic 9 and live and S1 as both 32 and 64 bits.

Its actually a really good channel strip just the way it is.. Honest.. I never really understood what was planned to make it better cause its so great now.. It's on every single track of mine n the master as a zero latency protection limiter. I used to use blue cat protector which I do like a lot but that uses 5% CPU and mix control uses less than 1%.

I also have it on multiple tracks for eq, comp, gate, and stereo control. I never fail to use it, I think it's really underrated in that everyone knows about it but so many don't use it to its full potential and so many discard and sell it.. And then they are posting here looking for a tool to do something that they didn't realise they already had and just sold! For example I've seen multiple topics about stereo narrowing.. And mix control has one of the finest tools for that built in! Even the eq is flexible as it has per band filter selection and good steep filter options .. The whole thing is zero latency and has an over sample mode, has multiple compression types, even the saturation is quite pleasing on many sources.. It's such a great tool...

If somehow it could be maintained in its current form just for OS updates and bug fixes if needed would be all that's needed. I have no idea if v3 is still in the making though
The original coder moved on to other work. The next version of MC was meant to be something that could be continually updated as needed.

Otherwise, even Reason was a huge fan of MC2. I am too for every reason you mentioned and more. 8)

Return to “Effects”