MixControl Pro Discontinued, V2 TBA.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musikmachine wrote:
rlahalla wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
rlahalla wrote:Also, you can now get MCP included with the Producer's version of the Sound Repository for a limited time :)
What does the free repository upgrade entail cause the producer plan is cheaper? Thanks.
Ah, I was being nice and giving people a chance to get it for ten bucks cheaper before I pulled it is all ;) They're the same package either way you do it, just one happens to be cheaper.
Thanks Reason!

So today is the last day and it goes back to full price? I had to buy some monitor stands so i spent my allowance! :cry:
Well, no actually : today is the last day before I pull it from the site. I can't leave it up because I end up getting so many morons who won't demo it first, and then I have to give refunds cos I feel bad about them buying something they're too stupid to demo first. I was leaving it up so that people had a way of getting it cheap, plus a free upgrade and a free repository license, but I'm realistically just wasting money the longer it's up.

I'll have a new page for the new version when it's up though, but it won't be as cheap. I'm not going to over-price it this time, but it's not going to be $49.00 either. I'm going to make sure it has just about every feature that all the other channelstrips don't have so that it'll be hard to pass up, and then price it somewhat accordingly. And no more sales. That just ruins the business.

looking very much forward to the new version

S-N-S wrote:looking very much forward to the new version
Me too! I'm hoping it won't take me as long to do this version..

rlahalla wrote:Yep, still collecting ideas as well, but yes, I'm also working on the new UI. Unfortunately it's not going to be possible to keep the old UI, but I'll make sure that it's along the same lines as the previous version.
:( I thought you where going for a "Valhalla" type of GUI (VRoom, UberMod)?

For me that was a big + for v.2, I really like that kind of clean interface.

As someone who bought the sound repository licence before mix control was added, can I now get it for free, or just the € 79 that's offered in my user account?

baconpriest wrote:As someone who bought the sound repository licence before mix control was added, can I now get it for free, or just the € 79 that's offered in my user account?
Well, there's a couple people who asked the same, and I sold it to them for $20, so that's what I'll have to stick with. I'm fixing an e-mail script right now and then I'll remove the public MixControl page and make it only available to previous customers, under the condition that you demo it thoroughly first. I'll add that disclaimer to the private user's page, as I'm not going to give refunds whatsoever for this.

rlahalla wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
rlahalla wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
rlahalla wrote:Also, you can now get MCP included with the Producer's version of the Sound Repository for a limited time :)
What does the free repository upgrade entail cause the producer plan is cheaper? Thanks.
Ah, I was being nice and giving people a chance to get it for ten bucks cheaper before I pulled it is all ;) They're the same package either way you do it, just one happens to be cheaper.
Thanks Reason!

So today is the last day and it goes back to full price? I had to buy some monitor stands so i spent my allowance! :cry:
Well, no actually : today is the last day before I pull it from the site. I can't leave it up because I end up getting so many morons who won't demo it first, and then I have to give refunds cos I feel bad about them buying something they're too stupid to demo first. I was leaving it up so that people had a way of getting it cheap, plus a free upgrade and a free repository license, but I'm realistically just wasting money the longer it's up.

I'll have a new page for the new version when it's up though, but it won't be as cheap. I'm not going to over-price it this time, but it's not going to be $49.00 either. I'm going to make sure it has just about every feature that all the other channelstrips don't have so that it'll be hard to pass up, and then price it somewhat accordingly. And no more sales. That just ruins the business.
Darned morons, ruining it for everyone else! Kidding! :P Can't you do a disclaimer where you clearly say please try the demo as no refunds will be given so buy at your own risk or summat?

I'm just about to demo the SSL Duende native effects but they are quite pricy so i might wait for version 2 to materialise. No pressure! :hihi:

If it's that kinda quality though it'll be worth it but i'll have to pass on this, skinflint till next week. :(
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

rlahalla wrote:Here's a screenshot of what I've been working on prior to MCP V2:

All MCP uses will get this tool for free when I'm done with it :) And yes, the final version will have frequency band controls, and the right-most knob is supposed to say 'output'. There are some additional controls that I may be adding in as well. Suggestions are welcome..
if you mean suggestions re GUI, i actually quite like that the way it is.

If you mean suggestions re features, then a band solo button would be useful :)

Maybe selectable crossover steepness also, but you could add that to full MCP.

What method of stereo enhancement is it using?

TheoM wrote:if you mean suggestions re GUI, i actually quite like that the way it is.

If you mean suggestions re features, then a band solo button would be useful :)

Maybe selectable crossover steepness also, but you could add that to full MCP.

What method of stereo enhancement is it using?
Hey Theo, thanks for the suggestions! I'm currently just trying to implement the UI elements and only have a basic structure for processing. This will be the very first piece of software that I'm actually coding myself :D I'll make sure I let you know when I have it working properly and let you test it out ;)

Also, just a heads up that purchasing MCP is now restricted to ONLY those who own a DNR product. The link is in your user accounts.

rlahalla wrote:Also, just a heads up that purchasing MCP is now restricted to ONLY those who own a DNR product. The link is in your user accounts.
I just purchased, downloaded and installed MixControl Pro yesterday. I noticed that the most recent download installer is dated 23-Dec-2011, but the changelog on the website has the following...

Change Log
01/26/12 / Update remove copy protection from full version
01/02/12 / Update to fix missing pointer bug

Am I missing something?

That is correct. The version is the same, only without copy protection.

scalawag wrote:That is correct. The version is the same, only without copy protection.
What I'm trying to say, but failing miserably as usual, is that what I downloaded yesterday is older than what the change log shows. So, is the demo newer than the actual released version, or is there a newer released version that hasn't hit the downloads area yet? :?

No, i understood the first time. ;)
You're right about the dates. I've never noticed it. Strangely enough, my version from 23-Dec-2011 has no copy protection...
very strange.

Hmm.. probably more likely that the update log is incorrect. Someone else was updating the website at that point, so let me check into it when I have a minute. I'm running out the door right now but I'll be back later today and let you know.

Return to “Effects”