New from Sonimus - Sweetone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My god, that's like the new Rickroll or something! :-o :hihi:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

And my final post in the thread (at risk of becoming a company shill!), a couple of videos posted by a guy on Gearlslutz which show Sweetone in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldFBlD6V ... e=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYwMc7XS ... e=youtu.be

Does Sweetone bring anything new to the table? or is this some kind of vintage eg + exciter/expander?!
Finally!

It's an old concept of shelving EQ's shifting up/down like a see saw.

In this case, it's also half an emulation. But it's not an exciter/expander.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

A bit like the waves hls channel?!
Finally!

So, does anyone actually use this type of eq for some really pro job or...?

HcDoom wrote:So, does anyone actually use this type of eq for some really pro job or...?
What kind of stupid question this is? What is really pro job? And if i am not a pro and use it does this make this product "bad" per se?

I mean wtf?

HcDoom wrote:So, does anyone actually use this type of eq for some really pro job or...?

You can use it "Really Pro" for anything as long as you know what you are doing

Sums it up perfectly.

Nope, nothing like Waves HLS channel.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Any reviews? Does it sound different from the Elysia Tilt EQ?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

cyphersuit wrote:A bit like the waves hls channel?!
No, I don't think HLS tilts, I just think it's two shelving EQ's and a mid peak EQ. I don't think they affect each other automatically. Maybe I'm wrong, though. They may be interactive to some degree, but a tilt EQ is more extreme than that.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

just wanted to show a bit of support for the dev. i recently picked this up and i'm really glad i did. granted, it doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, it doesn't do what other plugins cannot do, and there's probably lots of freeware that can do the same thing... but due to Sweetone's extreme simplicity and no-nonsense GUI with large knobs, it has become my goto non-surgical EQ (with ReaEQ and T-Racks covering surgical and linear-phase) and is often the very first plugin in every FX chain. well done Sonimus! looking forward to future products.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

what do you mean a "half" emulation.

as in, it doesn't do everything the softube one does?

i believe it's a "half emulation" in a sense LePou's LeCto is "half emulation" of a mesa boogie amp - it is clearly influenced by tilt EQ's but isn't an actual emulation of a specific EQ.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”