New from Sonimus - Sweetone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks sweet.

Looks, yes, but here we go again with no demo and no audio demos. Pass.

Didn't find SonEQ so producing of ecstasy to forever go on faith that I would dig every other one of his plug-ins, not even for $25.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

^ Fair enough, your choice.

Anyway, anyone who _did_ take the leap of faith and buy Satson and find it useful (like me) might want to check it out.

Took me a while to find the actual "info" on the page, but what do we know:
Sweetone is pretty much a Tonelux Tilt "clone", both with tilt mode and "loudness" mode (the dreaded "loudness EQ courve" from old hifi amplifiers).

So now we will have three emulations of TILT:

Softube "Tonelux Tilt EQ" (the official emulation)
cross platform, 99USD Native - fixed frequencies, 6dB/Oct filters, 12dB/oct additional on HP

Sonimus Sweetone
cross platform, 25 USD - 2 selectable frequency modes, 6/12 dB/oct filter

Togu Audio Line USEq (formerly known as TILT)
cross platform 32bit, free/not supported anymore - no input gain modeling, variable center frequency and Q, bass lift mode

You can choose for yourself what you think might suit your needs. And Softube (finally?) has some competition.
Last edited by Compyfox on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Looks really sweet! Can i ask what you use software for gui design?

Compyfox wrote:Sweetone is pretty much a Tonelux Tilt "clone", both with tilt mode and "loudness" mode (the dreaded "loudness EQ courve" from old hifi amplifiers).
Don't forget the preamp emulation, it's subtle but sounds sweet, hence the name ;).
Compyfox wrote:So now we will have three emulations of TILT:

cross platform, 99USD Native - fixed frequencies, 6dB/Oct filters
The Softube plugin also features a 12dB/Oct filter for the High-Pass.

B.A.Tech. wrote:Looks really sweet! Can i ask what you use software for gui design?
:) _ hurry up with the shop
And I definitely like the look of this EQ, if I had the funds in my bank I would buy it now...In fact I think Ill try anyway.off to the shop it is.

K-Slash wrote:
Compyfox wrote:Sweetone is pretty much a Tonelux Tilt "clone", both with tilt mode and "loudness" mode (the dreaded "loudness EQ courve" from old hifi amplifiers).
Don't forget the preamp emulation, it's subtle but sounds sweet, hence the name ;).
Actually, both Sweetone and Tonelux Tilt (Softube) feature the preamp emulation (MP1a).

K-Slash wrote:
Compyfox wrote:So now we will have three emulations of TILT:

cross platform, 99USD Native - fixed frequencies, 6dB/Oct filters
The Softube plugin also features a 12dB/Oct filter for the High-Pass.
Indeed it does, overlooked that one.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

No joy :( , Ill have to try tonight, anyone know how long you have to wait for the process because Ive been wanting to try one of these EQs for a while?.

samsam wrote:^ Fair enough, your choice.

Anyway, anyone who _did_ take the leap of faith and buy Satson and find it useful (like me) might want to check it out.
Please don't take this in a bad way, but with so many plugs competing for folks' attention, don't you think a trial version / and or some audio demos might help those of us who don't want to take leaps of faith decide whether to buy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

^ Hey, I'm not the dev, just posting this FYI :-)

As I said, _I_ was one of the people who took a leap of faith with Satson.

There's a thread on Gerarslutz in the 'new product alert' forum where Diego has posted, you could mention it there. To be honest, leaving aside the demo issue, what would be useful is a quick vid of it in action to show what the tone settings do, as well as the more obvious HP and LP filters.

samsam wrote:^ Hey, I'm not the dev, just posting this FYI :-)

ooops :oops:

sorry dude!

will check out gearslutz then
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

I was lucky to play with the plugin before it's release. :)
It's very cool and useful and it does sound sweet!
I can't believe how easy it is on the CPU for it's sound! :love:

Right, Ive got some funds and Im going to buy it now. So as soon as Ive tried it Ill let you all know how it sounds, but it does look promising.

Return to “Effects”