Full list Native alternatives of UAD plugins!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A.M. Gold wrote:
hibidy wrote:
So there you have it. Full out personal opinion slugfest. :shrug:
I seem to remember predicting that eventual outcome to this thread back on page 1 or 2. :hihi:
hehe, classic :hihi:

ehem

TAXI!!!!

5Lives wrote:I wouldn't be so annoyed with IK's tactics if the language and tone they used was different. Why resort to calling this thread "useless" and then posting obnoxiously large images of every plugin so as to call as much attention to it as possible? Do you see other devs like Andy from Cytomic or Sean from Valhalla EVER do that?

:D

Sean Costello

A.M. Gold wrote:
hibidy wrote:
So there you have it. Full out personal opinion slugfest. :shrug:
I seem to remember predicting that eventual outcome to this thread back on page 1 or 2. :hihi:
It wasn't me we said that BTW, ;)

And I don't think we have a slugfest by any stretch of the imagination....yet....:D

In case anyones interested, Im having more fun with the classic EQ from Iks range than the others, as the more I it try the more I like it. I didnt know what kind of hardware it was based on and so now Ive been checking it out, it stands to become my favorite out of the lot as its starting to make me think it is very similar as is the trident EQ by softube to the original hardware unit. At first I supposed it was just a bog standard Eq that was there to fill out the T racks suite, but was I wrong on this one, especially when you combine it with the classic compressor in mid/side mode. I am no fanboy, but I know when something sounds good, so if you have these FX listen to the harmonics as you keep using them consistently through out your mixes.

Trakstar wrote:In case anyones interested, Im having more fun with the classic EQ from Iks range than the others, as the more I it try the more I like it. I didnt know what kind of hardware it was based on and so now Ive been checking it out, it stands to become my favorite out of the lot as its starting to make me think it is very similar as is the trident EQ by softube to the original hardware unit. At first I supposed it was just a bog standard Eq that was there to fill out the T racks suite, but was I wrong on this one, especially when you combine it with the classic compressor in mid/side mode. I am no fanboy, but I know when something sounds good, so if you have these FX listen to the harmonics as you keep using them consistently through out your mixes.
I have both of em and its true they do sound amazing. I dont know what they are based of off though

Trakstar wrote:In case anyones interested, Im having more fun with the classic EQ from Iks range than the others, as the more I it try the more I like it.
I have it but unless they updated it I've had issues and the HP is pretty shallow for me. Certainly a fine eq and I do love the m/s options on the singles.....

hibidy wrote:
Trakstar wrote:In case anyones interested, Im having more fun with the classic EQ from Iks range than the others, as the more I it try the more I like it.
I have it but unless they updated it I've had issues and the HP is pretty shallow for me. Certainly a fine eq and I do love the m/s options on the singles.....
I always here about issues with em what issues can anyone tell me. so far I have not had any but I do notice a big cpu hit. even if its high quality I dont think it should eat so much cpu

It's been awhile.........but I'm pretty sure one of the bands didn't even work, or maybe it was it didn't remember the settings.....I don't remember. They may have fixed it.

sorry I don't have better explanations. I just remember using this stuff and have a memory bank in my pea brain that screams "error" but it's been a while on the SSL and the ik classic.

hibidy wrote:It's been awhile.........but I'm pretty sure one of the bands didn't even work, or maybe it was it didn't remember the settings.....I don't remember. They may have fixed it.

sorry I don't have better explanations. I just remember using this stuff and have a memory bank in my pea brain that screams "error" but it's been a while on the SSL and the ik classic.
hmm I dont use any presets so maybe thats why I have not noticed but I know they do all work ill test it out to be safe thanks for the info though

I notice that the low shelf seems a little like a super wide bell curve. but the high shelf is a shelf. [edit] yup just tested it with a diforent eq. the low shelf is a super wide bell curve it sounds like a very smooth clean bell but it is a bell

Glad you noticed that. I've always been a little put off by it. I don't need super sharp HP all the time, but sometimes it's nice.

there is nothing wrong with the high and low pass but they are super subtle if feels almost like the ones on satson like super smooth and super subtle. it would be nice if they added a control on like 6db cut and a 12 db cut on the hi and low pass filters. it would be even better with a extra control for 24db cut when you need a sharp one :)

hibidy wrote:It's because I have seen another Ibanez, Yet again
FTFY My Friend

:hug:

Dean

valhallasound wrote:
5Lives wrote:I wouldn't be so annoyed with IK's tactics if the language and tone they used was different. Why resort to calling this thread "useless" and then posting obnoxiously large images of every plugin so as to call as much attention to it as possible? Do you see other devs like Andy from Cytomic or Sean from Valhalla EVER do that?

:D

Sean Costello
HA I just might buy a Valhalla reverb now :hihi:
in all honesty I do plan on getting one soon though

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:
hibidy wrote:It's because I have seen another Ibanez, Yet again
FTFY My Friend

:hug:

Dean
I'm a ho', no question!

Return to “Effects”