Best Filter Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like the sound of etch compared to volcano 2, but the features in volcano 2 are amazing. Often though I find Fabfilters Simplon more than enough. :)

FilterBank3, Volcano, ZapFilter, Runciter are what I most often turn to.

Sometimes the filtering in STX-1260 or Ohmicide or other dirtification plugins (though ZapFilter does dirty very nicely as it is).

Visit the thread about Stutter Edit for a filterlicious bargain.:wink:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=356465

Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Camel phat is cool too. there is a preset called nothing but bass.You can set the band width of the filter by clicking a handle at each end of the spectrum.

Just thought id point out that you can use the Korg MS20 Legacy plugin as a Filter module as well and it sounds INCREDIBLE.

If you need a good MS20 style filter then why not get the Korg Legacy MS20 plugin for an authentic sound. Its only 50$ and a good deal since you get a filter and a synth.

waldorf d-pole for creative people :)

Searching about Volcano, brings up a lot of recommendations, best, best, best

So at half price it is a no-brainer?

Now that I got a FF account, I can get it even below that price :hyper:

george [GTPS] wrote:[What about the one-knob plugs from Waves and Sonalksis?
i use the creative filter by sonalksis in every project, very nice, sharp and transparent sound.

Filterscape is also nice, just needs a new GUI imo.. :D

The Drop,...,.....,,...,......its the Daddy
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Numanoid wrote:Searching about Volcano, brings up a lot of recommendations, best, best, best

So at half price it is a no-brainer?

Now that I got a FF account, I can get it even below that price :hyper:
It's definitely one of the best all-around filter plugins, and IMO is a no-brainer at that price if you need a really good full-featured filter. I would put it in the same class as EchoBoy (my favorite) and The Drop. That said, I actually agree with vata44 above - I use Simplon far more often for my most basic filtering needs (e.g., automated filter sweeps), since I rarely need all of Volcano's modulation features, filter types, delays, m/s, routing, etc.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

The Drop is sick, but in a good way - a really, really good way.

I forgot I had Volcano once I figured out The Drop.

The Drop!! :)

To be honest I wasn't mad about Volcano. I thought the filters were a bit harsh imo.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

The drop with the envelope follower on and a bit of drive and/or input overdrive, then back the wetness off until it's subtle = good analog warmifier or drum funker-upper.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

I would not be surprised if Volcano 3 is coming soon.

Return to “Effects”