2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

elxsound wrote:You made a mistake regarding the demo limitations and now you want to your reaper project to work without B2.

Right?
Wrong. Before I ever considered whether B2 demo resets parameters when it goes offline -- before that ever was an issue and before I ever misinterpreted that issue -- B2 demo had already caused crashes, as I described previously. You demonstrate difficulty coming to terms with that, but that's your own problem.
BachRules wrote:
elxsound wrote:
BachRules wrote:... why I couldn't remove this effect from my track without it crashing Reaper.
That would be a Reaper issue, not a 2CAudio issue.
You can't be taken seriously.
Last edited by BachRules on Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you criticize Spitfire Audio, the mods will lock the thread.

BachRules wrote:
elxsound wrote:You made a mistake regarding the demo limitations and now you want to your reaper project to work without B2.

Right?
Wrong. Before I ever considered whether B2 demo resets parameters when it goes offline -- before that ever was an issue and before I ever misinterpreted that issue -- B2 demo had already caused crashes, as I described previously. You demonstrate difficulty coming to terms with that, but that's your own problem.
Nope. I close this thread and I go back to happy music making (actually getting ready to order food for a relaxing Sunday lunch), but you have a project that you desperately want to reopen.

Want help with that, or you okay with where things stand now?

BachRules wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:It sounds like that might be a demo limitation not a bug:... 2) No parameters info is published to the Host software. So plug-in state will not be saved in the host software project...
I agree that accounts for the parameter resets; thanks for pointing that out. However, it doesn't begin to account for why I couldn't remove this effect from my track without it crashing Reaper.
From my reading of your first post that was a problem the first time you installed it right? When you installed it again you didn't say it had this crash problem, just not loading params/presets.

Had you installed an earlier version of this plugin at any time? As I recall I had a few crashes as you describe because I had not removed previous versions first (which had been the instruction), at some point in the transition to 64 bit some locations for things like image files got changed and that caused the crash. I'm guessing that once you had uninstalled it and then reinstalled this is why you didn't get the crash the next time.

aMUSEd wrote:From my reading of your first post that was a problem the first time you installed it right?
Right.
aMUSEd wrote:When you installed it again you didn't say it had this crash problem, just not loading params/presets.
Right. I barely used the 2nd installation, for what that's worth.
aMUSEd wrote:Had you installed an earlier version of this plugin at any time?
Negative.
aMUSEd wrote:... As I recall I had a few crashes as you describe because I had not removed previous versions first (which had been the instruction)....
Not the situation here.

BachRules wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:From my reading of your first post that was a problem the first time you installed it right?
Right.
aMUSEd wrote:When you installed it again you didn't say it had this crash problem, just not loading params/presets.
Right. I barely used the 2nd installation, for what that's worth.
aMUSEd wrote:Had you installed an earlier version of this plugin at any time?
Negative.
aMUSEd wrote:... As I recall I had a few crashes as you describe because I had not removed previous versions first (which had been the instruction)....
Not the situation here.
OK that rules out one hypothesis (tbh that is the only time I have experienced crashes with this plugin), however I can't see any reason to assume the two problems are connected. Although it is possible that trying to load a preset state in a project under demo conditions that ruled that out could cause a crash, the fact that you were unable to replicate that with a fresh install weakens that possibility somewhat. Might be worth testing further though if anyone has access to the demo.

aMUSEd wrote:OK that rules out one hypothesis (tbh that is the only time I have experienced crashes with this plugin), however I can't see any reason to assume the two problems are connected. Although it is possible that trying to load a preset state in a project under demo conditions that ruled that out could cause a crash,...
Curious whether 2CAudio wants to confirm that their demo crashes projects and makes itself impossible to remove from a track by ordinary means, if the user tries to load a preset state under demo conditions.

BachRules wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK that rules out one hypothesis (tbh that is the only time I have experienced crashes with this plugin), however I can't see any reason to assume the two problems are connected. Although it is possible that trying to load a preset state in a project under demo conditions that ruled that out could cause a crash,...
Curious whether 2CAudio wants to confirm that their demo crashes projects and makes itself impossible to remove from a track by ordinary means, if the user tries to load a preset state under demo conditions.
As I said, the fact that you were unable to replicate this on a fresh install suggests even if it is is connected to the limitation there may be other factors at play which would account for the fact that it doesn't seem to have come up before, but then again it could be other things that caused it in the first place. I'm sure 2C would be interested in testing this further though but obviously they can't confirm it at this stage if you are the only one who has brought this up and only on one occasion.

Galbanum wrote:
dayjob wrote:
per their twitter feed they're on build 275 or something.

https://twitter.com/2CAudio

:tu:

288 now actually... I think we are aiming for 300... it was a good movie... :D

(actaully, if I am being honest, I have mixed feelings about the movie(s). Yes, they look great in a purely visual eye-gasm sort of way... but making death and violence look that beautifully glorified is probably not wise or good for the general mental health of society in the long term... but I suppose this has been going on since the beginning of time, and we now just have more powerful tools to do it with... I don't know... Something for the philosophers to work out... I think I will just try to finish our product instead... :D )

i'll watch anything w/Eva Green in it. if you turn down the sound so the dialogue is unintelligible they're much more enjoyable films.. but yeah.. mostly they're fodder...

but 300 is a good round number for your build. i hope it works out that way.. because.. why not? :wink:

Eva Green :love: :love:

aMUSEd wrote:As I said, the fact that you were unable to replicate this on a fresh install
"I barely used the 2nd installation, for what that's worth."
aMUSEd wrote:... suggests even if it is is connected to the limitation there may be other factors at play which would account for the fact that it doesn't seem to have come up before, but then again it could be other things that caused it in the first place. I'm sure 2C would be interested in testing this further though but obviously they can't confirm it at this stage if you are the only one who has brought this up and only on one occasion.
I represent 100% of the people who've reported on this here, so unless anyone else tests it and has different results, my report is all there is to go on.

https://soundcloud.com/andrew_souter/if ... told-remix

great IDM/Breaks remix mixed with B2 and Aether for your enjoyment...

Here is a little Morning Mass floating in a B2-space:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/morning-mass

Andrew - I sent an email a few days but didn't hear back. Just curious about the potential upgrade path to Perfect Storm if I already own b2 and the imagination expansion...

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a little Morning Mass floating in a B2-space:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/morning-mass
awesome as always Simon! :tu: :tu: :tu:

Kindred wrote:Andrew - I sent an email a few days but didn't hear back. Just curious about the potential upgrade path to Perfect Storm if I already own b2 and the imagination expansion...

Is this still the case, or did I replay already now? Sorry if not. I am in Russia with Denis finishing our next product, and I am using web-mail instead of my normal full office email system so it is harder to keep track of mails at the moment.

Anyway, the answer is basically: YES! There is ALWAYS and upgrade path from whatever you own to the full Perfect Storm Bundle. The basic rule to determine the cost is:

add up the full retail price of whatever you are missing from the current full PS bundle and multiply by 0.6 (60%).

Return to “Effects”