2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

Hello @ Galbanum

There's a typo error in all your Plug-Ins pages! :o

Text:
"B2 is available for AU, VST, and AAX hosts under Mac OSX.6.8 or higher."
You probably wanted to write: MAC OSX 10.6.8 right?
Why don't you support Mac Leopard anymore? That's unpleasant… :?

Regards

Delfinoverde wrote:Hello @ Galbanum

There's a typo error in all your Plug-Ins pages! :o
Text:
"B2 is available for AU, VST, and AAX hosts under Mac OSX.6.8 or higher."
You probably wanted to write: MAC OSX 10.6.8 right?
Why don't you support Mac Leopard anymore? That's unpleasant… :?

Regards
X = 10. Romans and stuff...

:D

Apple itself does not support Leopard anymorem so how can we? Probably stuff works, but who knows? Apple likes to change things... :?

Galbanum wrote:Apple itself does not support Leopard anymorem so how can we? Probably stuff works, but who knows? Apple likes to change things... :?
But other developers still support Leopard MAC, as for example Rob Papen, Tone2 etc… regardless of Apple's DICTATUM! :wheee:

Delfinoverde wrote:
Galbanum wrote:Apple itself does not support Leopard anymorem so how can we? Probably stuff works, but who knows? Apple likes to change things... :?
But other developers still support Leopard MAC, as for example Rob Papen, Tone2 etc… regardless of Apple's DICTATUM! :wheee:

but they don't make Aether/B2/Breeze, so alas we arrive at the same impasse... :roll:

(No offense to Tone2. I've worked with them via supplying waveforms for their synths, and they are great guys. And I am sure Rob is awesome too..)

In honesty, I don't know what to tell you. We don't officially support X.5. It's 7 years old now. We have to focus on the current OS's as stuff is always changing and breaking (particularly in the iOS-ification days), and when small teams are spread too thin supporting obsolete technologies and trying to understand too many poorly documented SDKs/APIs etc., bad things happen to productivity and stability and then our stuff doesn't get to be used on cool projects, and then I have to subject you guys to more solo piano music b/c I don't have any cool movies that I can talk about... :D

ok, so some of that is an exaggeration in attempt a humor/entertainment. the coffee made me do it. :help: apologies. but as they say: a truth is often said in jest. :oops:

@ Galbanum

Okay, I understand what you mean. The changes in digital technologies nowadays are really fast and developers are forced to keep the pace or they risk to sell zero! I grew up during the "Age of the Hardware" when digital technology was just a little baby, not considered serious nor reliable, at that time. I don't want to rant but today people often have to make OS-updates/upgrades every year or two and that's a hassle in my eyes, because with upgrading we often loose stable and reliable working software of older generations. I also know that developers have to present the best profitable products, hence leave the "old-timers" in a marginal position. But it's not the worst as we still have the freedom to choose to stay out from that "circus"…or not. :hihi:

Delfinoverde wrote:@ Galbanum

Okay, I understand what you mean. The changes in digital technologies nowadays are really fast and developers are forced to keep the pace or they risk to sell zero! I grew up during the "Age of the Hardware" when digital technology was just a little baby, not considered serious nor reliable, at that time. I don't want to rant but today people often have to make OS-updates/upgrades every year or two and that's a hassle in my eyes, because with upgrading we often loose stable and reliable working software of older generations. I also know that developers have to present the best profitable products, hence leave the "old-timers" in a marginal position. But it's not the worst as we still have the freedom to choose to stay out from that "circus"…or not. :hihi:

Well, yes more or less. And in fact, often it is not even really our decision. If we use the latest XCode, as we have to, to support the latest OSs, projects will not even compile for some older OSs. And as we also develop on Windows we have to have compatiblity with our MS and Intel tools with Xcode, so when we find some magic combination of all of that which works with the fewest headaches, we have to jump on it. This is to say nothing of the various regularly occuring changes to plug-in standards, switch to 64-bit etc etc.

We just got through a cycle of systems updates in which we:

1) re-wrote ALL GUI code to support 64bit for OSX (cocoa)
2) added AAX support
3) made some other enhancements/features along the way to keep our sanity for fear of going nutz from boredom from re-writing systems code over and over again

This took us OVER ONE YEAR, and I don't think we are all that dumb :wink: . That is one year of delays to working on completing new products, adding new features to existing products etc. So you can imagine how it is basically business suicide to get completely bogged down in millions of old standards, and deprecating variables.

Our oldest product, Aether, turns 5 this month -- happy birthday Aether! :D This means even Aether came out after OSX.5 Seven years is a very long time by todays standards...

and finally, I did not even say it won't work, I say only, we don't know if it works. No harm in trying the demos. Maybe it does on OSX.5. We simply have not tried it, and can't offer any troubleshooting advice specific to OSX.5 if there are any issues..
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SWallace wrote:
Galbanum wrote:Here's some more piano + B2 in case anyone cares :D :

https://soundcloud.com/andrew_souter/an ... aching-for
Beautiful! Love the counter melody.

Thanks! Very kind.

http://www.112db.com/bigblue/limiter/?notes
Note: we are no longer able to provide support for PowerPC & OSX 10.5 with this update. The reason for this is that Apple has discontinued support for OS X 10.4 / 10.5 and the Power PC platform, and their latest development environment does not allow developing for PowerPC anymore.
:x So APPLE is the real cause of all those excluding limitations! WTf? :box: The PROFITEERS want to sell their "new" machines and force people to keep their pace! What a stupid game……

Our good friend film/TV/Game composer Jeff Rona was kind enough to share with us his experiences using Aether and B2 in his scoring work in a short youTube video:

2CAudio VIP Client Story: Jeff Rona - YouTube

Thanks so much Jeff! We really love you work!

Jeff Rona - IMDb

In case anyone needs a Sunday wash in B2 space, here you go:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/beyonder

Galbanum wrote:We just got through a cycle of systems updates in which we:

2) added AAX support
3) made some other enhancements/features along the way to keep our sanity for fear of going nutz from boredom from re-writing systems code over and over again

This took us OVER ONE YEAR, and I don't think we are all that dumb :wink: . That is one year of delays to working on completing new products, adding new features to existing products etc. So you can imagine how it is basically business suicide to get completely bogged down in millions of old standards, and deprecating variables.
Honestly it took way too long, but appreciate you guys done it sooner rather than later (especially w the 64bit only Logic and Live now). Look forward for new stuff soon (well ok not too soon, too many sales lately got me too broke :P)

softska wrote:
Galbanum wrote:We just got through a cycle of systems updates in which we:

2) added AAX support

Honestly it took way too long, but appreciate you guys done it sooner rather than later (especially w the 64bit only Logic and Live now). Look forward for new stuff soon (well ok not too soon, too many sales lately got me too broke :P)
Well, you can help us next time, and it will go faster maybe? :D

Honestly, I think people how no idea how much work is involved in such things. It is more than making a new product completely from scratch. We move pretty close to lightning speed implementing DSP ideas etc. these days. But systems coding is a whole other bag of worms that is like a giant plate of spaghetti where if you pull too hard on one strand to fix something, something else breaks elsewhere in the nest. The trickiest part is that a lot of it is not even our code, so we must follow a myriad of various standards etc that usually have less than desirable documentation. It's quite challenging in a less than inspiring way... We're not the only ones who face this stuff though--so it's unfair to complain too much. It's just the nature of the beast.

I would point out though, that you should notice that when we do official/final releases, we very rarely have to follow up with x.01, x.02 etc rapid bug-fix updates b/c we have already put in a ton of effort to perfection-ize everything.

We are more happy than anyone to be done with this stuff. This kind of work is not very rewarding, and we would much rather be working on new products and innovations, which is EXACTLY what we are now doing once again.

Yes, indeed, new stuff soon. Something completely different for us... Does not compete with our existing products in any way -- so don't worry about holding out during our Holiday Sale. In honestly, I feel our existing verb products are pretty epic and remain comfortably seated at the top of the competitive marketplace despite a lot of great third party releases in the past two years... So now we can focus energies on something completely different for a little while... very exciting for me... :!: :!:

Aside: to be perfectly honest, I would have expected to do an Aether 2.0 by now... but we hear literally almost every day from new customers how much they love Aether and us how it has replaced their XYZ several thousand dollar hardware device, etc. etc. I have become of the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" MO regarding Aether. This becomes even more true when I consider how people love to hoard various classic devices b/c they have some sound characteristic that they have come to know and love. Sure, there are things in Aether that we would like to improve after several years of additional experience in designing verbs. But reverb design is more an art than a science for the most part, and when you are lucky enough (and I do mean lucky) to have come up with something that has become a bit of industry standard, I think it is smart not to go risking to undo the magic by poking around in attempt to "improve" things. Many of these various classic devices have characteristics that leave me personally scratching my head, and thinking "WTF, why are people still in love with this thing?". It's not quite that extreme with Aether--I don't really have any "WTF were we thinking?" moments when contemplating Aether, but nonetheless there are a few things that we would eventually like to do. But I think Aether 2.0 will be a separate product that will not directly replace Aether. There are too many epic projects out there that depend on the Aether 1.0/1.5 sound staying the same. It has become part of the fabric of the industry. We may even do a B2 2.0 first. We'll see. First, as mentioned, something completely different! We think you'll love it. It's been cooking for quite some time now... :wink:

Sampleconstruct wrote:In case anyone needs a Sunday wash in B2 space, here you go:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sampleconstruct wrote:In case anyone needs a Sunday wash in B2 space, here you go:

while we are sharing:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew_souter/an ... aiting-for

...a holiday-inspired, human-experience piece...

(don't worry, I'll get back to my freaky-sound-design self soon enough... enjoying being human for the moment though... :D )

Been messing around with both Aether and B2 deciding which one to purchase. I can get a good sound quicker with Aether, but B2 is far more appealing due to the tweak ability. Let me just say B2 on any acoustic instrument with a little bit of tweaking is unbelievable. Struggling getting good sounds out of it with Synths. Any recommended presets or parts of the signal flow to pay attention to? What presets were used on the B2 Diva sound demoes?

Also in B2 is there any to work with the Mid and Side signals individually?

EDIT: As a developer who works on HR systems in Java. Working with bugs and system constraints is a huge PITA and takes up most of my time. Thanks so much for making rock solid products with expansive and creative features.

Return to “Effects”