2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

Hey Andrew, is the Random knob just basically a random seed for Contour setting or? It does not seem linear in any fashion

BTW, this stuff is great:

http://www.2caudio.com/network/artists

these are all full interviews in case you guys missed it. Good insights on using reverb and other production techniques in general...

We will add a bunch more over time...

snigelx wrote:Oh and a further discount for those of us who were early-adopters of both products and 'missed' the opportunity for the discount of the Perfect Storm by way of supporting from the get-go. Give me 50 buck more off. If I didn't already have the license I def would take B2 and run for 50USD, no problem. j/k ;)
Well I think that would be somewhat just as ground breaking and good as their reverbs. A sale, is a sale, is a sale. No sale is just no money but time spent anyway. And that was my point to begin with. Make the customer feel promoted and special and they will walk with you through fire claiming your victory compared to others. If not they will spend time trying to dethrone you instead.

Breeze to B2 is definitely a promotion of good customer care. We now sit on a gale instead of a storm if we not decide to shell up the same amount.
Last edited by Multiband on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Andrew, for considering it. Your customers would appreciate being appreciated!

snigelx wrote:Hey Andrew, is the Random knob just basically a random seed for Contour setting or? It does not seem linear in any fashion
B2:

Non-Linear and liking it! TM
Non-Linear by design! TM
No Straight Lines! TM
Straight Lines Are Boring! TM

etc...
:D

Last edited by Andrew Souter on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snigelx wrote:
Galbanum wrote:. And use the delay tap display to help guide making your own presets. This is VERY helpful when trying to make two engines work together...
Yes, agreed.. another fantastic feature of the B2 unit.. I believe that graph display goes up to 30! sec long taps? Like you say it is helpful when adjusting Cascades between the two engines using that one. With reverb, it does help to see what is going on a bit so that you can get the end result faster. I also like the info of the other modules' graphs and transfer responses and the fact they can be overlaid to get them to jive. But what is the blank "Oversampling" field for in the main Gain adjustment tab? For that matter, what are the Username and User Info fields for on the back of the unit?

Cheers
On the info page if you select oversampling 2x or 4x it overrides designed oversampling number. But if you select "Per Preset" you can design the preset with your oversampling rate. That was missing on Aether. So I mean you can involve oversampling number directly in the preset.

User name is for design of the presets. In every preset there is name in the browsing page right above, who created it.
Another field is for your site or else.

xtrax wrote: User name is for design of the presets. In every preset there is name in the browsing page right above, who created it.
Another field is for your site or else.

Yes, ...as to make things community oriented. So if you guys want to share presets here or elsewhere your work will be identified as yours to your peers. So it leads to discuss and community. And we have "import presets" item in files menu now to easily add presets that you download/share to your user folder.

There is a lot to discover about all the possiblities of B2. I am still discovering them myself...

Galbanum wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
Galbanum wrote: ...
As for existing customers, we always treat them with the greatest care. There are always cross-grades and upgrades available. We think $149.95 for existing customers is really exceptional for what B2 offers. Paths to update to Perfect Storm from a single product will be accommodated as well. So what is the remaining request?
Since you asked ...

The remaining request is a deeper discount for people who own both Aether AND Breeze.

Thanks again! :)

Sounds reasonable potentially. Let us think about implementation. It gets tricky to handle all the possible combinations and permutations... But maybe we can figure something out... It won't be a huge difference if we figure out how to do it, but maybe we can do something...
Thanks Andrew! Very kind of you to take it under consideration.
Last edited by billcarroll on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funnily enough, I feel very appreciated despite shelling out 90 something Euro, as I sit here and mess around with this thing now ALL DAY. I also feel confident by this time for sure that the team deserves every euro/cent of the asking price, despite what we might already own.

But, I can understand perhaps times are difficult in the U.S. economically. Over in Europe as well TBH but I think we have a better condition in general, for the time being. Currency exchange rates demonstrate that fact. So maybe a little help in these DAMAGED times would not be so bad for some of you, but also I hope that 2C and Galbanum feel compensated enough when it is all said and done. One must think of the work involved in this endeavour and unfortunately we the customer NEVER see that first-hand (although he has tried in futile attempt to explain that fact here and on the product page)

Yeah, you shot yourself in the foot making the thing look like Breeze but a BIG THANKS for the intuitiveness of the result! :D

Galbanum wrote:
snigelx wrote:Hey Andrew, is the Random knob just basically a random seed for Contour setting or? It does not seem linear in any fashion
B2:

Non-Linear and liking it! TM
Non-Linear by design! TM
No Straight Lines! TM
Straight Lines Are Boring! TM

etc...
:D

yeah yeah yeah... I'm HEARING that for sure ;) Just my technical side wanting to know what happens when that knob is being turned and settles on a value :P I think it is somewhat like I guessed.. But I don't want to hear how CROOKED and NON-LINEAR you are... I can just read the thread here :hihi:

metalifuxx wrote:
antithesist wrote:Shouldn't it be like Gust or Haboob or something?
"2C Haboob", that's got a nice ring to it. I would expect to see some haboobies on the GUI though :hihi:
It is dual engine.

Now I'm thinking Sirocco, Sir Echo, Sirecho or Sir Sirocco Echo.

Oh, nevermind. B2 it is.

I can't stop: To See Be Too.

Andrew, have the labels for Limiter Ceiling and Global Gain been reversed by accident by chance?

I checked out the demo last night. Instantly fell in love with the sound, especially some of the saturation stuff stands out. I ended up liking one of its room ambience patches over my usual Aether approach for this specific song. Aether is already my secret weapon of choice reverb that I use on just about every song I mix (sorry lexicon). B2 definitely has its own character and is well worth the $149. Credit card out, item placed in shopping cart. I for one hope not too many people bite. I wanna keep these reverbs a trade secret for as long as possible. 2Caudio, I do have a request. Try your hand at some really good spring reverb models. I've tried every one else's take and there are some good ones but I bet you guys can knock it out of the park. Oh and can't wait for 64 bit versions.

snigelx wrote:Andrew, have the labels for Limiter Ceiling and Global Gain been reversed by accident by chance?
No. They are correct.

The global limiter is really a soft-clipper/saturator...The value is the ceiling for this. The type determines how hard/soft it is...

So soft values will gently distort for some range before they reach the ceiling. Like a soft Knee.

So if you are going to use this function you should likley set the output ceiling to +6 or +12dB or higher. This way normal range up to full scale 0dBFS will be mostly clean and as you go over 0dB you will get soft saturation...

It is not designed to be a clean-brick wall limiter...

Ok, I see... so then if I set Global Gain to say +12, then that Gain slider over in where Dynamics reside... Does the max setting for that slider change in conjunction with the change in Global Gain? In other words, if I were to push the Gain slider to max would that then be sitting at +12 instead of default 0db? Is that a correct assumption?

Just trying to get an idea of how the gain stage is functioning. Hard to hear or measure sometimes.

I DO grasp what you are saying about the soft-knee and saturation however. Like you say, it isnot really meant to be a brickwall..more of adding warm harmonics to the signal as the threshold is reached.

Return to “Effects”