2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

Aether! :cry:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Aether! :cry:

Going to internal testers today!

:!: :!: :!: :love: :love: :love:

Going to all of you (existing customers) to try on Sunday assuming no one finds anything major before then. This will be the public/customer beta like we did for B2 and Breeze.

BTW, I made a sound-cloud page for my personal serious/ambient music. I remember someone asking about the piano stuff a while ago. Some of it is here if anyone is interested:

https://soundcloud.com/andrew_souter

Galbanum wrote: BTW, I made a sound-cloud page for my personal serious/ambient music. I remember someone asking about the piano stuff a while ago. Some of it is here if anyone is interested:

..or if you prefer videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OrnlMy0zGQ

(used in an ad campaign for Blue Fire Jeans, directed by William Georges)

http://www.bluefire-jeans.com/
https://www.facebook.com/bluefire.jeans

Galbanum wrote:
Going to internal testers today!

Yeeeeaaaa!!! :D :tu: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :pray:

Galbanum wrote: Going to internal testers today!

:harp: :harp: :harp: :harp: :harp:

Beatworld wrote:

Nice to see You Beatworld..

xtrax wrote:
Beatworld wrote:

Nice to see You Beatworld..
Likewise Den
Aether going 64 bit FINALLY brings everyone to life :o

Beatworld wrote:
Likewise Den

Yes, with all new sound under the hood it could be stunning I guess. :pray:

..sent to our internal testers... 8)

We will open up to any/all other existing customers who you like to try it, Sunday.

xtrax wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Likewise Den

I thought the sound wasn't changing. Am I wrong?

Either way, looking forward to using it again tomorrow. I'm sure that was an annoying process for 2caudio to go through.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
xtrax wrote:
Beatworld wrote:
Likewise Den

I thought the sound wasn't changing. Am I wrong?

Either way, looking forward to using it again tomorrow. I'm sure that was an annoying process for 2caudio to go through.

That's correct. There should be no significant change to the sound.

It was a lot of work, but it prepares us for new stuff in te future also and well we are not the only ones who had to do this so we can't complain too much. Overall the products are better bc of this.

Happy to be about done though so we can do more creative things like make new products!

Galbanum wrote: That's correct. There should be no significant change to the sound.

It was a lot of work, but it prepares us for new stuff in te future also and well we are not the only ones who had to do this so we can't complain too much. Overall the products are better bc of this.
Will the new version benefit from any CPU optimisation as previously indicated ?

Beatworld wrote: Will the new version benefit from any CPU optimisation as previously indicated ?
In the same (minor) sense that B2 and Breeze did yes, as a result of better memory usage, but nothing major. Don't expect miracles.

We will optimize all products for the AVX instruction set shortly, and this may bring significant CPU usage enhancements. "MAY"! RAM/Cache bandwidth remains more of a limiting factor on performance these days. We don't really know until we try it and see what the result is.

Aether and B2 (in it's default configuration) are unlikely to reach the low levels of CPU usage of something like Lex PCM and copy-cat algs, which were designed in the 70s when CPU resources were extremely limited compared to today. Our algs are simply much more complex and require many more operations.

Our goal is, will remain to be, and always has been, more "How can we make the next James Bond movie, Batman movie, Coldplay album, Daft Punk album, etc. etc. sound as perfect as absolutely possible?" more than "how can we squeeze 452 instances instead of 214 instances onto the latest laptop" when no one really uses anything close to this number of instances in real-world projects. We care most about ultimate fidelity and creativity. That is what inspirers us. Convergent Creative Precision. I'm not saying our way is best for everyone, but that is just us.

We are hopeful for AVX, but we won't know until we try it and see what we can do. And note it will require a CPU that supports AVX instructions. This is Sandy Bridge (2011) and later Intel CPUs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions

Hopefully there might be some new Apple Mac Pro monster soon (tomorrow maybe??). I'm personally very eager to see it materialize.

If not, there will certainly be 24 physical core dual Xeon systems available soon in workstation/server form on the Windows side. This is a crazy amount of CPU power!

Even on the laptop side, things are incredibly impressive now! My latest gen MacBOOK Pro has slightly more effective CPU power than my 2008 8-core Mac Pro!! I think we make the right choice when choosing to focus on fidelity, power, and creativity in our designs.

Return to “Effects”