2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

Galbanum wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a little Morning Mass floating in a B2-space:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/morning-mass
awesome as always Simon! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Thank you, Andrew - greetings to Russia!

Sampleconstruct wrote:
thanks! Greetings to everyone from Denis and I...

Galbanum wrote:
Kindred wrote:Andrew - I sent an email a few days but didn't hear back. Just curious about the potential upgrade path to Perfect Storm if I already own b2 and the imagination expansion...

Is this still the case, or did I replay already now? Sorry if not. I am in Russia with Denis finishing our next product, and I am using web-mail instead of my normal full office email system so it is harder to keep track of mails at the moment.

Anyway, the answer is basically: YES! There is ALWAYS and upgrade path from whatever you own to the full Perfect Storm Bundle. The basic rule to determine the cost is:

add up the full retail price of whatever you are missing from the current full PS bundle and multiply by 0.6 (60%).
Hi Andrew,

No problems - no I haven't received an email.

Sorry just want to confirm something -

For example, I already own B2 ($250) + preset expansion ($25).

Perfect Storm = $500

Difference between what I own and Perfect Storm = $225

If I add up the stuff in Perfect Storm which I don't own and then x 0.6 it equals - $294

Is this what you mean in terms of an upgrade path?

Thanks for your clarification

Galbanum wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
thanks! Greetings to everyone from Denis and I...

:band:
Howdy
Please send us a picture or real Vodka.. :party:

Kindred wrote: Hi Andrew,

Perfect Storm = $500

If I add up the stuff in Perfect Storm which I don't own and then x 0.6 it equals - $294

We have three plugins ($250, $250, and $150) and 9 expansion packs ($25 each).

First, add whatever you DON'T have. So for you:

(250 + 150 + 25*8) = 600

Multiply by 0.6

600 * 0.6 = 360

So the upgrade is $360 in your case.

Note that if you add up everything in PS 2.5 by itself it costs $875. 875*0.6= 525. So more or less this is the same discount... (It was exact until we added the recent Breeze expansion--now it is a slightly bigger discount...)

Note also your total if you purchase something first, and then later upgrade to add the rest is not exactly the same as the $500 price had you simply purchased PS 2.5 initially. But basically you get the same discount on everything that remains to complete your bundle. You get the same discount from the point of deciding to get the full bundle. Hope that explanation makes sense...

(my brain is in preset scripting mode where I am trying to update hundreds of old presets to the latest parameter names and values in our new product... and we changed them several times along the way, so I am acting like some kind of forensic scientist to try to recreate/remember what we called things several months/years ago so I can recover these presets... short version: my brain is not in marketing mode at the moment, so I hope that made sense... :wink: )

anyway, we found the deal above to be be equitable to all customers. The biggest discount comes when purchasing the most stuff at the same time. That is generally the way it works in most businesses/industries and we find it keeps everyone happy with us too...

xtrax wrote: Please send us a picture or real Vodka.. :party:
I tried some interesting Vodka Sat night in St Petersburg. It was strongly flavored with "Sea Berry" (I have no idea what this in "normal" English -- that was the only translation that was given) and seemingly something similar to cyan pepper...

Quite good! I don't think you'd want to drink a lot of it, but one or two was quite nice and actually an enjoyable taste from a pure culinary-experience point-of-view... ...as opposed to pretty much all other Vodkas that I am aware of which pretty much taste like gasoline to me, even the most expensive ones... :scared:

While on the subject: "Laphroaig Quarter Cask" scotch is also quite nice as I discovered while traveling between St Peterburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Tallinn with Denis... :ud: :party: If you're gonna drink scotch, go for the full effect and get an Islay variety IMHO... :tu:

I guess I like strongly flavored things if we are talking about high proof alcohol... :tu: Seems pure gasoline is not that appealing to me. :roll:

Generally I try to stick to red wine in moderation though these days... I think I am getting old... :x
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galbanum wrote:While on the subject: "Laphroaig Quarter Cask" scotch is also quite nice as I discovered while traveling between St Peterburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, and Tallinn with Denis... :ud: :party: If you're gonna drink scotch, go for the full effect and get an Islay variety IMHO... :tu:
Yes! You just have a new costumer! ;)

L. O. L.

Na Zdravlje..
For the new plugin!

Last edited by xtrax on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ah ok thanks for the explanation Andrew - very clear :tu:

At 360 I will give it a miss but if the policy ever changes to allow retrospective purchase of PS, I have $225 here burning a hole in my pocket for you :hihi:

Galbanum wrote:
Kindred wrote: Hi Andrew,

Perfect Storm = $500

We have three plugins ($250, $250, and $150) and 9 expansion packs ($25 each).

First, add whatever you DON'T have. So for you:

(250 + 150 + 25*8) = 600

Multiply by 0.6

600 * 0.6 = 360

So the upgrade is $360 in your case.

Note that if you add up everything in PS 2.5 by itself it costs $875. 875*0.6= 525. So more or less this is the same discount... (It was exact until we added the recent Breeze expansion--now it is a slightly bigger discount...)

Note also your total if you purchase something first, and then later upgrade to add the rest is not exactly the same as the $500 price had you simply purchased PS 2.5 initially. But basically you get the same discount on everything that remains to complete your bundle. You get the same discount from the point of deciding to get the full bundle. Hope that explanation makes sense...

(my brain is in preset scripting mode where I am trying to update hundreds of old presets to the latest parameter names and values in our new product... and we changed them several times along the way, so I am acting like some kind of forensic scientist to try to recreate/remember what we called things several months/years ago so I can recover these presets... short version: my brain is not in marketing mode at the moment, so I hope that made sense... :wink: )

anyway, we found the deal above to be be equitable to all customers. The biggest discount comes when purchasing the most stuff at the same time. That is generally the way it works in most businesses/industries and we find it keeps everyone happy with us too...

I didn't know this--how do I claim this upgrade path? I own B2 and all expansions, and Breeze. That would make Aether pretty attractive. How do i claim this "upgrade path?"

momalle3 wrote: I didn't know this--how do I claim this upgrade path? I own B2 and all expansions, and Breeze. That would make Aether pretty attractive. How do i claim this "upgrade path?"

just send us an email from here:

http://2caudio.com/support/contact

...and I will provide details...

(FYI, I do usually mention this in the occasional emails we send out. But it's always a balance in trying not to sound too much like the "sales guy" so I try not to be too obnoxious about it. Let me know if you think there could be some better way I could have informed you about this without being overly "pushy"... Thanks)

Galbanum wrote:
momalle3 wrote: I didn't know this--how do I claim this upgrade path? I own B2 and all expansions, and Breeze. That would make Aether pretty attractive. How do i claim this "upgrade path?"

just send us an email from here:

http://2caudio.com/support/contact

...and I will provide details...

(FYI, I do usually mention this in the occasional emails we send out. But it's always a balance in trying not to sound too much like the "sales guy" so I try not to be too obnoxious about it. Let me know if you think there could be some better way I could have informed you about this without being overly "pushy"... Thanks)
Add a simple graphic banner, or signature with a "Upgrade to Perfect Storm - Email us for your personal upgrade offer!"

If it's the same in every email it doesn't sound like being a sales guy. It's just there and those who haven't upgraded will see it (and the curiosity will slowly eat away at them until they cave in and purchase! :borg: ).

Seriously, a simple little note or banner with that info could help without coming across as a sales push. 8)

I updated the zip with B2 reverb-presets on the patchpool donationware page, it now contains 108 presets.

Today I spent some time remixing an excerpt from my orchestral composition Windschatten premiered last year, this excerpt was recorded with 2 microphones during a rehearsal in a very dry rehearsal studio in the Hamburg opera 2 days before the premiere, remixed by adding some B2 reverb and working a bit on the stereo image, the preset I used for this is named "Balcony Concert Hall" and is also included in the zip.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/w ... al-excerpt

Awesome Simon!

I really enjoy the composition and harmonies!

Impeccable mix!

Real performers yes? Still can't beat 'em! :D

Return to “Effects”