2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

Again some B2 added a lot more depth here. I love it ;)

https://soundcloud.com/c-a-k-a-g-e/fairies-of-the-north

Every time I see this thread.. my eyes go to 'Win' at the end and I think it is a contest/giveaway thread for this plugin..

VitaminD wrote:Every time I see this thread.. my eyes go to 'Win' at the end and I think it is a contest/giveaway thread for this plugin..
hey, maybe that's not a bad idea. :wink: A summer contest of some kind. Remix contest maybe, showing off some kind of extreme transformations with B2? Winner decided by poll? Thoughts? What should the source sound/music be?

Galbanum wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Every time I see this thread.. my eyes go to 'Win' at the end and I think it is a contest/giveaway thread for this plugin..
hey, maybe that's not a bad idea. :wink: A summer contest of some kind. Remix contest maybe, showing off some kind of extreme transformations with B2? Winner decided by poll? Thoughts? What should the source sound/music be?

It is an interesting idea to me.. Orchestral and percussion wav files would be neat. As would some vocals. Nothing but B2 allowed to affect the audio source.

Semifinals decided by poll, you decide the final top 3 winners. Or vice versa. Discount code from 15% (for participating) up to 100% for the Winner(s) maybe..

Person who triggered the avalanche of an idea for the contest should get a free Windows license to B2 as well. :ud: :hihi:

I hope for an update because B2 is crashing Logic Pro X on my MacBook pro very often while switching trough different patches. I hope for the new sandboxed Audio Unit v.3 in the new OS X version in near future because B2 is freezing even my whole OS sometimes when it crashes so that i have to make a hard reset. :(
Anyone has similar trouble on MacBook pro retina in Logic Pro X? I love the sound but this is a bit annoying. But it's still the best reverb by a country mile :wink:

Cinebient wrote:I hope for an update because B2 is crashing Logic Pro X on my MacBook pro very often while switching trough different patches. I hope for the new sandboxed Audio Unit v.3 in the new OS X version in near future because B2 is freezing even my whole OS sometimes when it crashes so that i have to make a hard reset. :(
Anyone has similar trouble on MacBook pro retina in Logic Pro X? I love the sound but this is a bit annoying. But it's still the best reverb by a country mile :wink:

Hi
I have one tip for this case. On the Info page there is Oversampling settings for online or offline processing.
Make a both "1X Off" setting instead of "Per Preset" default setting.
This will force all presets to avoid oversampling. Some presets in the dual engine folder are really too much for the real life.
IMO there is no need for oversampling in the reverberation. In the nature there is noting above 7K in natural reverbs.
Last 30 years we are using Lexicons and other hardware devices without oversampling, and it was more than OK.

Please write here if this helped.
Thanks

Den* wrote:
Cinebient wrote:I hope for an update because B2 is crashing Logic Pro X on my MacBook pro very often while switching trough different patches. I hope for the new sandboxed Audio Unit v.3 in the new OS X version in near future because B2 is freezing even my whole OS sometimes when it crashes so that i have to make a hard reset. :(

Hi
I have one tip for this case. On the Info page there is Oversampling settings for online or offline processing.
Make a both "1X Off" setting instead of "Per Preset" default setting.
This will force all presets to avoid oversampling. Some presets in the dual engine folder are really too much for the real life.
IMO there is no need for oversampling in the reverberation. In the nature there is noting above 7K in natural reverbs.
Last 30 years we are using Lexicons and other hardware devices without oversampling, and it was more than OK.

Please write here if this helped.
Thanks
Thank you for the suggestion but i already did this. I also can handle 10 and more B2 in a track but switching patches in one instance crash it often.

Cinebient wrote:
Thank you for the suggestion but i already did this. I also can handle 10 and more B2 in a track but switching patches in one instance crash it often.

What is the system that you are using on the Macbook Pro?

I tried to reproduce this in the Logic Pro X on the 10.10.3 but it works nice when switching presets while play with lot of B2's on the channels.
Mac Pro 3.1 here.

Den* wrote:
Cinebient wrote:

What is the system that you are using on the Macbook Pro?

I tried to reproduce this in the Logic Pro X on the 10.10.3 but it works nice when switching presets while play with lot of B2's on the channels.
Mac Pro 3.1 here.
I'm using also 10.10.3. It seems that some patches are especially "dangerous" for switching. I have to test it a bit more and see. It also happens mostly when the sequencer is running while switching between patches.

Can you specify where those problematic presets are? Dual Engine Presets?
Last edited by Den* on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

buzzword buzzword acryonym. Acronym acronym? Buzzword. Buzzword buzzword.
Acronym!

den* wrote: In the nature there is noting above 7K in natural reverbs.
Really where can i read more about this?
:borg:

Obviously, we 2CAudio, as the developers of B2 etc., do NOT feel that oversampling is unnecessary, otherwise we would not invest substantial time and energy into developing an extremely high quality oversampling method nor would we suggest that people choose to use it in SOME cases when it costs substantial CPU resources to do so! 2X requires slightly more than 2X the resources than 1x, and 4x requires more than 4X the resrouces and generally creates memory system bottlenecks that make it impractical to use for real-time in complex projects.

If we did not feel such sacrifices offered audible benefit, we would not offer such things since they inventibly lead to questions such as "why do you use more CPU resources than XYZ product?" We are generally not dumb people, and it is safe to assume we have reasons for offering oversampling.

Yes, large halls, cathedrals, etc loose a lot of energy in high frequencies and such setting may be perfectly suitable for making authentic classical music recordings. (Although I personally bounce my solo piano projects using 4x OS! and listen, compose, perform at 2x.)

What about "plates"? Small rooms with hard surface materials? What about reverb for electronic music where the bass energy is already massive and can NOT be obscured with heavy reverb for fear of muddying the punch of the mix? What about spectrally-based ambient music, etc. etc. etc. There are many cases where we do NOT want a reverb preset to sound like what happens exactly in a large, highly damped, hall etc.

We embrace creativity! We embrace extreme flexibility. If 1x OS sounds great for your application, save some CPU cycles and USE IT! ABSOLUTELY! But to say "Oversampling is NEVER needed" is utterly silly and myopic...

That is the OFFICIAL opinion on the topic. :o
Last edited by Andrew Souter on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Please send us crash logs to "info at ...." whenever you experience them. We are happy to explore any and all reported issues.

Thanks for the compliments.

V0RT3X wrote:
den* wrote: In the nature there is noting above 7K in natural reverbs.
Really where can i read more about this?
Up to 8Khz, and no more.
http://reverb2014.dereverberation.com/w ... 899165.pdf

Return to “Effects”