2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

aMUSEd wrote:
Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Galbanum wrote:Full 1.1.0b updater for existing customers posted here now with full installer for OSX and Win:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/updates#b2

This is build 171. It contains one minor correction compared to 170 posted two days ago.
Did you fix the overwriting presets problem?

There is no problem AFAIK with overwriting User presets when updating Full version to Full version.

The issue was preserving presets that were created with the demo version as I remember. Right?
Not entirely - it also trashed the ones I put in the user folder from Simon.
And has done so again, although it has left mine intact this time. Strange.

aMUSEd wrote: Not entirely - it also trashed the ones I put in the user folder from Simon.
Really? OSX or Win?

I just tested all the new installers and do not have a problem with this...

aMUSEd wrote:
Odd.

Demo or full version? OSX or Win?

Are simon's presets directly in /user/? or is there some subfolder?

Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Odd.

Well the first time they were in their own sub folder inside full/user but this time I had followed Simon's advice and put them in their own folder on the same level as user and factory. Anyway I had them backed up. Another thing is the user bank isn't showing in the browser (but Simon's is)

aMUSEd wrote:
Galbanum wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Odd.

Well the first time they were in their own sub folder inside full/user but this time I had followed Simon's advice and put them in their own folder on the same level as user and factory. Anyway I had them backed up. Another thing is the user bank isn't showing in the browser (but Simon's is)

This is working "correctly" then for the current version. Why?

1) The installer does not know anything about additional folders placed directly in the /Full/ directory. This is not supported.

2) All user presets need to be within /Full/User/ this folder and all of its contents should be preserved by full version installers.

3) The preset browser is currently limited to displaying the number of folders that are visible within the physical space of the preset browser. Ie 25 items if I remember correctly for B2. These are already taken by everything we install. So if you add another folder something else will get omitted. Results will be in alphabetical order.

This stuff is all being refined in the second task mentioned that we are working on now. So the above is correct for 1.0.0 and 1.1.0b, but these limitations will be removed for 1.1.0 which will also add AAX support in a few weeks.

Does this mean Aether and Breeze now have a 64, and as a NFR user of Aether (not used since 32 bit for over a year), do i update at a price? Am happy to do that of course.

When is the latest version demo going to be available? I'd like to try it and that's currently impossible with v1.0.0; B2 crashes Cubase 6.5., 12 GB orchestral template.
Last edited by Cimbasso on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cimbasso wrote:When is the latest version demo going to be available? I'd like to try it and that's currently impossible with v1.0.0; B2 crashes Cubase 6.5., 12 GB orchestral template.
New demo is live already. Crash was due to a memory leak we found and fixed in this version. We get no crash reports from hard core scoring dudes with huge templates now...

TheoM wrote:Does this mean Aether and Breeze now have a 64, and as a NFR user of Aether (not used since 32 bit for over a year), do i update at a price? Am happy to do that of course.
Aether and Breeze are next. Not yet. Most of the work is done though b/c the most intensive part is making and debugging the new code base which is what we just did. Adapting products to the new code base is not as intensive, though it does require careful attention and some time of course...

Galbanum wrote:
Cimbasso wrote:When is the latest version demo going to be available? I'd like to try it and that's currently impossible with v1.0.0; B2 crashes Cubase 6.5., 12 GB orchestral template.
New demo is live already. Crash was due to a memory leak we found and fixed in this version. We get no crash reports from hard core scoring dudes with huge templates now...
Great, gonna try it right away. Also, could you tell me how much is the educational pricing for B2?

Galbanum wrote:
TheoM wrote:Does this mean Aether and Breeze now have a 64, and as a NFR user of Aether (not used since 32 bit for over a year), do i update at a price? Am happy to do that of course.
Aether and Breeze are next. Not yet. Most of the work is done though b/c the most intensive part is making and debugging the new code base which is what we just did. Adapting products to the new code base is not as intensive, though it does require careful attention and some time of course...
Interesting that you did B2 first.

I don't get the choice, but, interesting one nevertheless.

It's obviously your best seller by far, to choose that over your products that allowed B2 to exist to begin with.

I have a huge soft spot for Breeze, and always have, that is honestly 100% true. It was one of my very favourite quick instant results verb.. couldn't fault the thing at all, especially on drums.

Aether has always been far beyond my personal capabilities to coax the best out of it, as i have maybe an attention disorder where i can't get my brain to make sense of the gui and all the settings. That's nothing to do with you guys though.

But sure, when there is a 64 bit, i'd upgrade my NFR, why not, for pure purpose of discovery and learning.

B2 i never tried, but if the demo is 64 bit i owe it to try it, to simply know what it's all about, as i have barely followed it as a product at all, forum wise. I really have zero idea what it does, or sounds like.

Breeze is still the one in my heart where i feel there's a genuine gap though, like, something is missing by not having it. it's SO different to the lex/Michael Carnes/relab stuff that it justifies having both. same with aether for power users particularly. 2C stuff is closer to TC verbs from my view, but of course i could be wrong, and again i have yet to try B2.

Anyway, in a nutshell, i have followed breeze, even though i rarely talk about it before today, pretty vigilantly, yet i have the feeling it will be the last to get the 64 love.

I do know you guys have either one annual or bi annual sale, so please don't be offended when i say i hope for a sale to celebrate the OSX 64's, if not, the timeline of breeze's 64 is not going to make a huge difference, as i will wait till the next $99 sale, and it would be 64 by then for sure anyway. $99 is the sweet spot, and where i put breeze (competition is strong now, with valhalla for example at less)

Cheers and best of luck as always , T

Thanks Theo,

Many of the questions/topics you raise are actually discussed earlier in the thread somewhere. A quick summary:

1) B2 is first for 64-bit b/c it had the most modern systems code. So we use this code-base to make the jump to 64-bit OSX. That and only that is why it was first.

2) Still deciding which to do next Aether or Breeze. More people are asking for Aether, but Breeze would be faster to do given its minimal set of controls and similarities to B2 nad would prob not delay Aether by much more than a week. Before anything else, we are adding the AAX layer to B2, as then our code-base is fully up to date with ALL of the most modern standards and we should not have to revisit this stuff for a long while (hopefully...) and instead we can focus on doing what we love to do: make new products and obsess about DSP RnD.

3) Promo pricing on EVERYTHING is still active right now. Promo pricing for B2 ends on March 1. For Aether and Breeze it remains open until 10 days after we deliver OSX 64-bit formats.

OH!! i didn't know there were specials! Get to give breeze one good demo workout (just to be 100%, so i don't do what i used to do and re sell) when the 64 is out, knowing i have 10 days to buy :grin:

cheers!

PS sorry i didn't read the whole topic..

but i wil give B2 a go as the curiosity is too strong now!

and you reason why porting first explains well. thanks.

Galbanum wrote:
taoyoyo wrote: Is this the final release build?

This is effectively the final release build for all we had set out to do initially yes and has passed thorough QA tests (which you guys helped with-thanks!). An email is going out now to all customers.

However, we have just decided this week to expand the scope of the project for this update cycle and we now wish to include two more tasks into this update cycle. So the official version number of this one today is 1.1.0b. There will be another in a few weeks called 1.1.0 that adds AAX support and preset browser enhancements, and prob a double size GUI option.

From the email I am about to send:
... Thanks, I probably should have waited ten minutes before asking as the email came soon after. :oops:

Looking good so far... also looking forward to the double-size GUI option (will be nice to have those on Aether & Breeze if possible, when ready).

(I have an SSD system drive and you're right... patches load incredibly quickly!).

Cheers.

taoyoyo wrote:
(I have an SSD system drive and you're right... patches load incredibly quickly!).
Cheers.
patches/presets should always load fast... but what I mean is that the first time you load the plug into a session should now be almost instant instead of several seconds as it was previously...

Return to “Effects”