2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

jbraner wrote:Here's a weird one - after reading the gearslutz links, I decided to try running in oversampling mode (I always use 1x for playback and 4x for bouncing) to see how much CPU it took.

B2 doesn't make any sound on 2x, but plays back on 4x (albeit with pretty high CPU)

Aether doesn't make any sound on 2x or 4x! My project plays back - but makes no sound.

I'll play some more in the next few days to make sure I'm not doing something stupid - but has anyone seen this?

SONAR X2 (64 bit)
Windows 8 (64 bit)
Asus P8Z77-V
Intel i3770K (with plenty of CPU left while in the SONAR project)
16 GB RAM

Hi,

Are you sure you are using the final 1.1.0b version (Build 171)?

If not, can you download it from here and let me know if it still happens:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/updates#b2

Thanks,

Are you sure you are using the final 1.1.0b version (Build 171)?
Hi Andrew,

Yes, I'm using this version. I tried it again tonight, and it works OK, so B2 is not a problem.

Aether is the problem, and I think that might be what made me think B2 was broken too. In my SONAR project, Aether works fine at 1x oversampling. As soon as I choose 2x or 4x - I get a little "pop" and all audio goes dead - it doesn't come back even if I change back to 1x.

If I try this on a different SONAR project - it works fine at 1x and 4x but no sound at 2x BUT - I can switch back from 2x (not working) to either 1x or 4x and there is audio again.

On a brand new project - it's the same.

So it seems to be (SONAR) project specific for me :-\
I can move this to an Aether thread - or take it offline if you'd like...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Speaking of Aether, did you guys stick with the plan to make that the next 64bit in line? Almost there?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Speaking of Aether, did you guys stick with the plan to make that the next 64bit in line? Almost there?

Two things first:

1) Preset Browser enhancements. (This is done now.)
2) AAX support. (This is what we are working on now.)

This is being applied to B2. So there will be another B2 update very soon. Then B2 has all the latest and greatest stuff and hopefully we don't have to mess with systems stuff for a long while.

Then EVERYTHING that was just done for B2 will find its way into Aether and Breeze. They are next yes.

https://soundcloud.com/2caudio/andrew-s ... audio-b2-1

B2, Breeze, Piano, LA Scoring Strings...

Any news on double sized skin? :roll:

Moonlight wrote:Any news on double sized skin? :roll:
It will come with the AAX update... A couple weeks I think.

Today we have another update to try. This update includes all the new preset browser enhancements discussed previously, namely:

1) Packages & Sub-Folders organization scheme
2) Unlimited Packages & Unlimited Sub-Folders
3) Scroll bars (when needed) for presets and folder browser
4) Keyword search across selected folders
5) Import Package and Import User Sub-Folder functions

All of the above is designed to make the preset browser much more powerful and to allow us, and YOU, to develop more preset expansions to share with the community. This is really cool stuff. Keyword search is very useful!

If you are an existing customer and would like to try it now, and (IMPORTANT) you have already updated to the previous 1.1.0b build 171 version, you can try this version today if desired.

To obtain it go here:

http://www.galbanum.com/shop/product_in ... cts_id=101

Use this coupon code at checkout:

B2_Update

This is a manual install for OSX and Win. Instructions are in a text file in the download. It's fairly simple. You just need to replace 1 or 2 files and the "Kontrast" skin folder, and do some minor reorganizing to the presets folder to conform to the new directory structure rules.

Let us know what you think...

We are currently implementing AAX support. Once complete there will be an official update with a full installer etc. Then all of this stuff gets applied to Aether and Breeze.

Galbanum wrote:
I'm anxious for this. Eyesight not being what it was and all this higher resolution shit is just a pain even with glasses on. :x

I'm downloading the new beta now... Will report back with findings. 8)

elxsound wrote:
Galbanum wrote:
I'm anxious for this. Eyesight not being what it was and all this higher resolution shit is just a pain even with glasses on. :x

I'm downloading the new beta now... Will report back with findings. 8)
Cool.

Hmm... there's something strange that catches my eye about that skin name ;)

additional notes:

1) selection logic for Packages is the same as for Sub-Folders in the "Folder Browser" column on the left. Meaning:

a) Clicking on a single Package selects the package, expands it contents, selects all Sub-Folders within the package, and DESELECTS everything else, and collapses other expanded Packages. (Same logic as clicking on Sub-Folders)

b) Shift-Clicking on a Package allows you to select multiple Packages at the same time. (Same logic as shift-clicking on Sub-Folders)

c) "All" Expands all Packages and selects all Sub-Folders. "None" collapses all packages and deselects all Sub-Folders.

2) Scroll-bars are shown only when needed. Mouse-wheel should work with the scroll-bars in most hosts.

3) Import Sub-Folder and Import Package functions have built-in checks to be sure the required directory structure is preserved and avoid confusion.

4) Keyword search matches (folder-selection AND (keyword-1 OR keyword-2 OR Keyword-3)).... So if you select

Single Engine: S Halls
Keyword-1 "Hall"
Keyword-2 "Piano"

you will get all presets in the "S Halls" folder that contain Hall or Piano.

If you click "All" you get now search the entire preset collection including "factory presets" "user presets" and "expansions" for these keywords.

If you are looking for presets for Guitar, you might try "Guitar" "GTR" etc... Thus it is useful to have multiple keywords.

Keywords are persistent until they are cleared.

I just had a strange bouncing issue with build B170 (I think this is the one before the current Beta) - when bouncing offline in Logic using 2x oversampling and perfection setting the bounce turned out all stuttering and full of artifacts, then I rebounced using 4x settings and there was no audio at all on the bounced file, also there was no audio when hitting play in Logic after that second try.
Then I bypassed B2 and the audio returned, then switched to 1x oversampling and bounced again which worked ok. Strange!

Sampleconstruct wrote:I just had a strange bouncing issue with build B170 (I think this is the one before the current Beta) - when bouncing offline in Logic using 2x oversampling and perfection setting the bounce turned out all stuttering and full of artifacts, then I re-bounced using 4x settings and there was no audio at all on the bounced file, also there was no audio when hitting play in Logic after that second try.
Then I bypassed B2 and the audio returned, then switched to 1x oversampling and bounced again which worked ok. Strange!
There was a bug like this in the "late-ish" betas prior to the build 171 which is the one released to all customers and available in the updates now. I am not sure if the bug made it all the way to 170 or not, but it was definitely fixed in 171.

Can you verify which version you have by looking at the number on the info page? If 170, can you update to 171 from here:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/updates#_b2

And then after that, you prob would like to check out the newest, build 183 from above which offer preset browser enhancements. Run the 171 installer first to be sure all supporting files are up to date. Then you can manually update to 183 if you wish.

Galbanum wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:I just had a strange bouncing issue with build B170 (I think this is the one before the current Beta) - when bouncing offline in Logic using 2x oversampling and perfection setting the bounce turned out all stuttering and full of artifacts, then I re-bounced using 4x settings and there was no audio at all on the bounced file, also there was no audio when hitting play in Logic after that second try.
There was a bug like this in the "late-ish" betas prior to the build 171 which is the one released to all customers and available in the updates now. I am not sure if the bug made it all the way to 170 or not, but it was definitely fixed in 171.

Can you verify which version you have by looking at the number on the info page? If 170, can you update to 171 from here:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/updates#_b2

And then after that, you prob would like to check out the newest, build 183 from above which offer preset browser enhancements. Run the 171 installer first to be sure all supporting files are up to date. Then you can manually update to 183 if you wish.
Ahh, thank you - I thought I had installed the latest and greatest already - I'll stick with 171 for now as I'm in the middle of something big and experimenting around is too dangerous.

Return to “Effects”