Free Eq plugin from B.A.Tech. before open store for you! TONE OF NIGHT!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any chance of getting a Total Hurging Vomit Pile Of Crap Treble Knob George?

Already got one John.

Any similarity between this joke and the Abbey Road Plugins Brilliance Pack is purely coincidental and should not be construed as grounds to sue.

Three pages of hate and flames - and all because I mentioned Antress' "release policy/cycles".

Seriously - what the hell?
It's his decision for his company name. He has to live with it, and actually, B.A.Tech works in short form.

I still give that developer the benefit of doubt. So far, nothing impressed me. He confirmed that his stuff is SynthMaker, whether or not it's custom code does not matter at this point. (example: Variety of Sound also uses SynthMaker as shell, nobody citisizes him anymore - except for lack of Mac ports)

The only issue I have is the scarce homepage and the constant dropbox links. On top of the current output of plugins. But if it's his thing to release a new one every other day - so be it.

You know what... we are free to use them or not. It's as with other commercial plugins. It might be good, but I (as user) don't have to use it.

Plain and simple, no whining involved.
End of story.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I think now you can look my site and see what is my projects.

http://bullshitaudiotechnic.wordpress.com/

I'm still working.

Now I see tons of "clones" there:
NEVE, API, Pultec, Manley (Massive Passive), Teletronix, DBX, Fairchild, SSL, Trident, oh... HELIOS also, Abbey Road (Brilliance Box), STUDER (the tape) and BBE.

Everything else lies within the eye of the beholder. I was careful with Antress (and didn't use them), and I'm careful in this case as well.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:Now I see tons of "clones" there:
NEVE, API, Pultec, Manley (Massive Passive), Teletronix, DBX, Fairchild, SSL, Trident, oh... HELIOS also, Abbey Road (Brilliance Box), STUDER (the tape) and BBE.

Everything else lies within the eye of the beholder. I was careful with Antress (and didn't use them), and I'm careful in this case as well.
Is this problem to make hardware clone?

Not if there was a suitable ammount of analysis prior to the creation of the plugin.

A lot of users (myself included) are picky in terms of sound, usage and features. Since I have several Pultec clones on HDD myself (G-Sonique, IKM, Nomad Factory, just to name a few), I'm very sceptic. Also with Trident consoles or whatever "firm" you try to emulate.

The compressor people will pick apart the LA and 1176 clone in terms of behavior (not only teh saturation), tape fans the Studer, etc.

You get what I'm aiming at?
SM creations good and fine. But with such a high raised bar by Variety of Sound or WOK, I expect more than a pretty GUI, a "cryptic name" and "hey, this is a clone of...". Doesn't matter if it's freeware or not.

And sorry to bring this up again, but Antress jumped on the same bandwagon. While some of his creations sure are interesting and working in their own right - they are no real "clones" or even "emulations".

Ffs, "spamming"?
"Too much" free stuff?
:lol:

Or, even worse-
Its only too much because it doesnt meet a perceived quality standard? :|
Yeah, pretty c**nty imo.
jens wrote: All he did was to annouce the release of a (free b.t.w) plugin. You would not believe what kind of shit he has to take for that. :roll:
+1 Dayum.
Every time. And then come the comments on the company name geezuz.

Just wait til Dr Tikovs next one! :lol:

People used to come here for dev posts like this ffs.
ImageImageImageImage

Compyfox wrote:Not if there was a suitable ammount of analysis prior to the creation of the plugin.

A lot of users (myself included) are picky in terms of sound, usage and features. Since I have several Pultec clones on HDD myself (G-Sonique, IKM, Nomad Factory, just to name a few), I'm very sceptic. Also with Trident consoles or whatever "firm" you try to emulate.

The compressor people will pick apart the LA and 1176 clone in terms of behavior (not only teh saturation), tape fans the Studer, etc.

You get what I'm aiming at?
SM creations good and fine. But with such a high raised bar by Variety of Sound or WOK, I expect more than a pretty GUI, a "cryptic name" and "hey, this is a clone of...". Doesn't matter if it's freeware or not.

And sorry to bring this up again, but Antress jumped on the same bandwagon. While some of his creations sure are interesting and working in their own right - they are no real "clones" or even "emulations".
I told that my plugins are not 1:1 emulations.Only based...I'm using my methods to make plugins.BTW i'm electric/electronic technician.I try to emulate circuits.They are not only cool hardware like GUI.Did you try my any plugin?

highkoo wrote:Ffs, "spamming"?
"Too much" free stuff?

Or, even worse-
Yeah, pretty c**nty imo.
jens wrote: All he did was to annouce the release of a (free b.t.w) plugin. You would not believe what kind of shit he has to take for that. :roll:
+1 Dayum.

If you are in business sector,you have to know that you need advertising and appeal.All companies neet it..

So .... did anyone try this EQ yet? Is it worth picking up? :)

"Too much" free stuff?

Or, even worse-
Yeah, pretty c**nty imo.
+1 Dayum.

No, it's not c**nty. People "feel" if they can take something serious or not. This guy throws out a new plugin every few days and calls it "inspired by" or "leaning on" the sound of certain hardware. This is simply impossible and doesn't take a genius to come to such a conclusion.
"Developers" take months to tune the algos, parameters etc. to get as close as possible.

And people around here used to know WAY less about the actual sound of certain hardware units. Over the past few years, even a hardcore plugin user, who has never worked with the hardware has most likely gained knowledge about certain characteristics of certain gear, because there were many versions and even if all a little different, it's obvious what tone tool X or Y has.
Five years ago many would have said WOW, but nobody's so easy to impress - A good thing!

UA worked nearly a year or so to get their massive passive plugin to sound like the hardware and Bullshit seems to make it inbetween a coffe, another KVR post and a night of sleep (just the time to make a GUI, once you're in the flow).
BA Tech: Do you even know how COMPLEX the massive passive is, with it's interacting bands etc?

No matter if these plugins (I will never be able to try, since I'm on mac) are useful or not (surely they are in some way) it's perky to give the KVR reader/customer or whoever a feeling of "it's not 100% the original, but pretty close" with names and GUIs going obvious directions.

Sorry but I can't take this guy serious AKA bullshit!
Maybe there'S potnetial or he might be a good programmer even, but
his appearance here since weeks, (sorry, but I have to be honest) is very immature and the reactions in this thread are nothing else than a logical reaction.

I hope some of you PC guys will test them soon and give some feedback
IF the SSL compressor has a touch of the snap/punch of an SSL emu or the 1176 gets close to what people know as such and so on...

Good luck!

DELETED

*yawn* and i'm out.

bye bye

audiovet wrote:
miro pajic wrote:
"Too much" free stuff?

Or, even worse-
Yeah, pretty c**nty imo.
+1 Dayum.

No, it's not c**nty. People "feel" if they can take something serious or not. This guy throws out a new plugin every few days and calls it "inspired by" or "leaning on" the sound of certain hardware. This is simply impossible and doesn't take a genius to come to such a conclusion.
"Developers" take months to tune the algos, parameters etc. to get as close as possible.

And people around here used to know WAY less about the actual sound of certain hardware units. Over the past few years, even a hardcore plugin user, who has never worked with the hardware has most likely gained knowledge about certain characteristics of certain gear, because there were many versions and even if all a little different, it's obvious what tone tool X or Y has.
Five years ago many would have said WOW, but nobody's so easy to impress - A good thing!

UA worked nearly a year or so to get their massive passive plugin to sound like the hardware and Bullshit seems to make it inbetween a coffe, another KVR post and a night of sleep (just the time to make a GUI, once you're in the flow).
BA Tech: Do you even know how COMPLEX the massive passive is, with it's interacting bands etc?

No matter if these plugins (I will never be able to try, since I'm on mac) are useful or not (surely they are in some way) it's perky to give the KVR reader/customer or whoever a feeling of "it's not 100% the original, but pretty close" with names and GUIs going obvious directions.

Sorry but I can't take this guy serious AKA bullshit!
Maybe there'S potnetial or he might be a good programmer even, but
his appearance here since weeks, (sorry, but I have to be honest) is very immature and the reactions in this thread are nothing else than a logical reaction.

I hope some of you PC guys will test them soon and give some feedback
IF the SSL compressor has a touch of the snap/punch of an SSL emu or the 1176 gets close to what people know as such and so on...

Good luck!
Within all that babble, one important question for you genius. How do you know how long he's been working on any one of these plugins? You dont.
You are right! These guys don't listen me! I've already done my plugins.I already use my plugins with out GUI.But i release my plugins with GUI now :!:
Do you think to make only one band of massive passive is really easy? Please think when you talk about something.

OK! I'm not Jesus i'm not perfect engineer and professional but i'm working to make some "good BULLSH!T" :!:

BTW why anyone don't talk about my plugins? Just use them and tell what is wrong in them and i can fix and improve them.If you want to help me,just do it!

Return to “Effects”